The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Guncaster - 3.3

Post by Samarai1000 »

As usual, this is an awesome update! The sword is a ton of fun to use, and while I haven't messed with the other additions yet, I can already assume they'll probably be equally as fun. (BUT THAT SWORD IS SO GOOD THOUGH)
I'm also excited by the addition of the Hard-on mode. Even if it's unlikely that it'll be extended in the future, I'm hoping it'll grow to its full potential. The only problem I've ever had with Guncaster is how it easy it makes things, but that's part of the appeal and is a completely subjective "me problem". I have some suggestions for the mode in the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
That's all I've got for now. Hopefully these at least give someone who knows a thing or two about balance some inspiration to give proper feedback. Thanks for being so awesome, Pillow!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Hexen bug found: Since you already start with the Longhorn, shouldn't the weapon spawner in the Guardian of Fire have the sword instead?
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

You start with the Longhorn in Hexen now? I think it was better before how you started with melee only. Was it to accommodate the new Brimstone?
Yelso
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Yelso »

I get the shopkeeper to say "looks like binding is out of order pal" whenever I try to bind a key for a spell. I am using the current nightly build for gzdoom.
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

PillowBlaster wrote:Pretty sure Keks decided to remove them
Ah, that makes more sense. I was looking at the wrong file, anyway.
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

With the "passtodreamworld" cheat being a thing, are we able to get an option, or an addon, to add all the items to the shop from the get-go?
mpcomp

Post by mpcomp »

Greetings.
I am currently using gzdoom 4.1.3 x64 with guncaster v3.3 official (base + addon + shop addon) and in "here be dragons menu" the tilt section and shop section (excluding Hide shopkeerper option ) ,Power Armor share and show target's health there is the "Unknown" value type after option tabs and they are non-configurable for me. Any help to identify and possibly resolve this issue will be highly appreciated.

regards
mpcomp
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Fureyon wrote:Maybe add some indication of how much ammo each purchase adds to your total?
It is done.
DoomKrakken wrote:good to see that it's so alive, now! :D
I'm happily dancing on its grave already.
NTSM wrote:If Keksdose has fixed the problem, then he deserves praise. ^^
I'm not worthy. I'll still have to say it's KeksDose, though.
Samarai1000 wrote:(BUT THAT SWORD IS SO GOOD THOUGH)
Glad to hear this, too.
Yelso wrote:I get the shopkeeper to say "looks like binding is out of order pal" whenever I try to bind a key for a spell. I am using the current nightly build for gzdoom.
I didn't implement binding through the shop yet. For now, you can hold the bind button outside the shop and bind whichever spell, inventory or weapon you have currently selected.
FlyingPotato wrote:
PillowBlaster wrote:Pretty sure Keks decided to remove them
Ah, that makes more sense. I was looking at the wrong file, anyway.
I disabled it cuz it caused a bit of a stutter, which causes the x-ray effect to flicker strangely. It didn't look that good either. Pretty sure you can re-enable it by uncommenting one single line somewhere, but I forgot where.
baddude1337 wrote:With the "passtodreamworld" cheat being a thing, are we able to get an option, or an addon, to add all the items to the shop from the get-go?
Sure, let's add a switch in gameplay options.
mpcomp wrote:holy moly das a formal inquiry
Guess you gotta open gzdoom ini and just remove all cvars that have "shop" or "tilt" in them. That'll factory reset them. Pretty odd that gzd wouldn't select the first viable option. Kinda stupid even.
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

So about the distance counter to the nearest loot in "Dergovision", is it because of me using GZDoom 4.1.3 and something with it prevents that from displaying like it should, or is it gone entirely and only the arrow is still there?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Okay, after playing a bit here's my take.

• When using the Longhorn strat you aren't able to fire quicker by pressing the button. I personally thought it fired fast enough before but eh, I'll take it.
• Mana Shield costs the same as it did before even though it was nerfed.
• I don't like the Ironblast shooting through stuff. It's too strong and the gun just isn't as fun to use since the projectiles explode on the wall instead of in their face. It behaves more like a railgun now. I find myself shooting at their feet...
• Brimstone sadly enough does nothing for me. I actually removed it from the spawner. It's far too slow and clunky for my liking. I think I could dig it if it was a rare chainsaw spawn and it swung twice as fast.
• The HUD effects are very nice, like with the spellbook switching. Good job with that.
• The Ironblast spirit could use a valium. I don't want to mute him but I would like to see his chatter cut by half.
• PurpleBonus is missing it's Bright frames
• I'd like to see the rejuv caps added to the autohealing script as a fallback if you are out of medbags or it's on cooldown.
• My mouse sensitivity is wonky in the shop. Up/down move much faster than left/right. In 'mouse settings' I have turning speed set to 2.0 and the rest on 1.0 so I maybe that's the cause.
• I'd like to see the Hardmode extended with some nerfs to the Draugh/Suit/Mask because as it stands now they make the content trivial.
• Hopefully in the next and final patch we can get some effects touched up. This mod is full of fancy graphics and then you have the vanilla imp fireballs, a contrast indeed. Improve the monster projectiles and TeleportFog and we'll be talking then.

Well, I guess that's it.
Gourry

Post by Gourry »

For some reason, my game keeps freezing when playing ultimate doom while using colorful hell. Any ideas? Also when loading in gzdoom, it keeps showing up as guncaster 6.9. Is it supposed to do that? Here's the load order for 4.1.3:

guncaster
universal guncaster adapter 1.6
gc_addon
gc_weaponshop
mapsofchaos-ok
colorfulhell97ccc
d2k16_soundtrack
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Well, seeing as how the adapter hasn't been updated for 3.3 and the latest post on the adapter thread details a crash when using it with v3.3 I'd say you found the problem.
Gourry

Post by Gourry »

Rowsol wrote:Well, seeing as how the adapter hasn't been updated for 3.3 and the latest post on the adapter thread details a crash when using it with v3.3 I'd say you found the problem.
It also does that without it.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

DemonbaneSol wrote:So about the distance counter to the nearest loot in "Dergovision", is it because of me using GZDoom 4.1.3 and something with it prevents that from displaying like it should, or is it gone entirely and only the arrow is still there?
Check if you can spot it in some default map. It could be that the arrow is pointing at some really distant money pickup, and it moves away from you the further the thing it points at is.
Gourry wrote:For some reason, my game keeps freezing when playing ultimate doom while using colorful hell. Any ideas?
This mod ain't supporting monster packs.
Rowsol wrote:Okay, after playing a bit here's my take.

• When using the Longhorn strat you aren't able to fire quicker by pressing the button. I personally thought it fired fast enough before but eh, I'll take it.
• Mana Shield costs the same as it did before even though it was nerfed.
• I don't like the Ironblast shooting through stuff. It's too strong and the gun just isn't as fun to use since the projectiles explode on the wall instead of in their face. It behaves more like a railgun now. I find myself shooting at their feet...
• Brimstone sadly enough does nothing for me. I actually removed it from the spawner. It's far too slow and clunky for my liking. I think I could dig it if it was a rare chainsaw spawn and it swung twice as fast.
• The HUD effects are very nice, like with the spellbook switching. Good job with that.
• The Ironblast spirit could use a valium. I don't want to mute him but I would like to see his chatter cut by half.
• PurpleBonus is missing it's Bright frames
• I'd like to see the rejuv caps added to the autohealing script as a fallback if you are out of medbags or it's on cooldown.
• My mouse sensitivity is wonky in the shop. Up/down move much faster than left/right. In 'mouse settings' I have turning speed set to 2.0 and the rest on 1.0 so I maybe that's the cause.
• I'd like to see the Hardmode extended with some nerfs to the Draugh/Suit/Mask because as it stands now they make the content trivial.
• Hopefully in the next and final patch we can get some effects touched up. This mod is full of fancy graphics and then you have the vanilla imp fireballs, a contrast indeed. Improve the monster projectiles and TeleportFog and we'll be talking then.

Well, I guess that's it.
-Intentional. (This also gives you bigger incentive to use default mode at times either.)
-Intentional. (Plus if you get all three you'd also get less money for dupes, so gotta think about it both ways~)
-It still turns monsters into chunks upon contacting first few targets in the line, plus it only penetrates up to maybe three monsters per projectile. I think it's more neat when it just shreds through, so every man to his taste~
-The moment I make sword swing half times faster is the moment you'll end up not using regular melee or most of the guns bar anything past slot 4 (Not counting Sandman though).
-Can praise Keks for that one again. (He is WORTHY OF KANE~)
-I didn't think he chatters that much. Will see about it.
-Weird. Will fix.
-I feel rejuvenation capsules are different enough to warrant them being kept separate from the business, hence why they aren't there the first place, but will think about it.
-I didn't feel anything's particularly odd in the shop with the mouse, but guess it might be.
-That's their point. And I am yet to decide if I wanna expand upon it, I added it to see if I'll have a drive to do more there, but so far... not feeling it. Will see.
-Not touching that. I already did a wrong by tweaking projectile actors. Plus the moment I fancy up common monsters' projectiles is when people's computers die. I'd rather leave it to separate mods than default game.
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

It's the same no matter what map I'm playing. The arrow is there, it seems to always stay right next to me, and that causes me to have to look down to see where it's pointing, but that's fine. The little text in the bottom left of the HUD that said, "I smell gold..." and the numerical distance counter are what's gone.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”