[Concepts] The Sometimes-Serious-Concept-Drawings Thread

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Homor

Re: [Concepts] The Sometimes-Serious-Concept-Drawings Thread

Post by Homor »

A thread for general monster concept art? Holy cats! I've been waiting for this for YEARS!
Spoiler:
The idea of this is to replace the human enemies in Doom with humanoid demons. Because if you're like me, you've played levels set in Hell and thought to yourself "wait, why are there still possessed humans here? Did they like, follow me or something?" This would eliminate the problem and honestly make a pretty cool new enemy that would blend in nicely with the hell maps. I also imagine they'd be a bit beefier than their human counter parts. For example, the basic demon would have a multi-fire rifle like the SS officers and the machine gun zombies, and the chaingunner would have more health. Perfect as end-game replacements for the standard enemies.

The most efficient way I would think these monsters could be made is by just retexturing the existing zombie models but adding stuff like horns, etc.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ahh, amazing to see that this Thread is alive once more. Pretty nice and Demonic outfit, i say!
Nailz the Ravager
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Nailz the Ravager »

Let's resurrect this wonderful thread!!!
My sketches for my upcoming mod (Yes, links to my Instagram acc, lmao, don't kill me, please)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_YO7jtFoM0/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9FKGQ2FHMr/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B99tq6_FfN3/
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Thread BUMP!
How did I miss this thread...?

Here's a concept drawing for a Gnoll, I've been thinking about making some Hexen-like monsters, fantasy stuff. I like the last one, the colors and armanents.

EDIT: Finally figured out the *@&^$&*!%@( imgur stuff.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Double post! Aaahh, what the fudge...

Here's a chemical trooper design idea, I kinda like the 2nd one, the yellow facemask makes it look super creepy.

These mofos spray the player with chemical gas that induces Hexen's poison. Blergh!

Designing monstahs with the Doom palette is super fun :)
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Nmn wrote:
Hey, those are nice. Would be a shame if someone ran with this and ended up with something completely RIDICULOUS.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Bro I'm just putting out free content like GaryVee said ;) . If someone is inspired to make their own sprites or whatever out of them - by all means, makes me happy :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very good stuff! Hazmat suit concepts and designs are always good, and protective!
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

=:)
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Double post, baby.

Here's a concept for the "tusk demon", that was presented as a single frame (or a couple frames..) by Vader in 2005-ish (does anyone still have them original frames???). I took that design and ran with it and here's the result.
I was going to make it into a sprite, however, I already have 2 enemies in my project's bestiary who don't have their eyes visible (they got visors) and have mechanical thingies on their legs, so I decided to reject this idea. I'm currently in middle of redesigning this monstah to a new, more organic form.

If any sprite artist out there is inclined, this would be very easy to create via frankenspriting- all you got to do is combine bits of the Doom 3 pinky sprite (that's circulating here and there, I believe it was Frankenstein-sprited by Vegeta for the Doom3 TC - it's sprites are definitely in Alter's Soulcrusher), Hexen's centaur's body and mechanical legs from KDiZD's robo pinky (drawn by Neoworm).

BTW, I hope someone uploads some concepts of their own to this lil' thread, I don't want to spam this place with only my stuff :| don't want to seem like an ego-centric... too much ;)
TinfoilTyrant
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TinfoilTyrant »

First attempt at a walk cycle in awhile. Who is down for an ARMY MEN Deathmatch wad?
ravage

Post by ravage »

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 229820.jpg
I'm trying to figure out if its possible to create a terraria-style worm enemy in doom. I'm not entirely sure where to start.

I have been playing way too much Terraria Calamity. :V

Return to “Resources”