Dewzan's Randomizer (RELEASE NO. 5, INVASION MODE & BOSSES)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dewzanity
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Dewzan's Randomizer (RELEASE NO. 5, INVASION MODE & BOSSES)

Post by Dewzanity »

So I decided to create a randomizer mod for Doom. I've always been quite a fan of randomizer mods so I thought why not make one!

NOTE: This is currently a WIP mod, and nothing is final.

Everything in this mod compared to Vanilla Doom has a bit more detail and better quality with heaps of added content, though it has more of a vanilla feel to it.

SCREENSHOTS : Updated since Release 5

https://imgur.com/a/yHAsiG2

Watch this epic video where I play Go 2 It until I get a single ring : Mod Showcase Video

https://youtu.be/iseGEPtm5oM

MONSTERS

Each monster has a chance of spawning as 11 different tiers, which get progressively more powerful as the tier increases. Currently, every standard enemy has been worked up to tier 8.

Monsters will have resistances and weaknesses to certain weapon elements (plasma, fire, bullet, ice, poison, and blood)

Tier 1 : Just the regular doom enemies with some extra detail and quality. Might have extra attacks as well.

Tier 2 : A similar enemy that is the same rarity and strength as the standard doom enemy.

Tier 3 : A similar enemy that is slightly more rare and strong than the standard doom enemy.

Tier 4 : An enemy that is notably more powerful and rare than the standard doom enemy. Players may have to look out for any tier 4 monsters.

Tier 5 : An enemy that is definitely more strong and rare than the standard doom enemy. Players will definitely have to be aware of tier 5 monsters. Tier 5 enemies will approach boss level at the cyberdemon and mastermind variants with purple messages.

Tier 6 : An enemy that is even more strong and rare than the previous tiers. Tier 6 enemies will approach boss level at the cyberdemon and mastermind variants with cyan messages.

Tier 7 : An enemy that is much more rare and strong than tier 6. Tier 7 monsters act as a miniboss and should be handled with much caution. Larger monster variants as tier 7 will be alerted with light blue messages.

Tier 8 : Tier 8 monsters are known as the "Easy Difficulty Boss". A green message will appear to let you know that one of these bosses have spawned. The toughest variants will have a dark green message.

Tier 9 : Tier 9 monsters are the "Medium Difficulty Bosses". These bosses will appear when you see a yellow message appear of the screen. The toughest variants will have a dark yellow message.

Tier 10 : Tier 10 monsters are the "Hard Difficulty Bosses". These bosses will appear with red messages, and the toughest monsters will have a dark red message.

Tier 11 : Tier 11 monsters are like tier 10 enemies, but are much more powerful with elemental abilities. They will use bullets, fire, ice, plasma, poison, and blood to murder you quick. These bosses are nearly impossible in difficulty unless you have some overpowered weapons. These bosses will appear with white messages. Luckily for you, you won't witness their sheer power for a long time until the monster development gets to this point.

WEAPONS

Unlike the monsters, the weapons do not have an organized tier system. The classic doom weapons will exist as well as heaps of new weapons that will be more powerful, and use different ammo types dropped by enemies.

7 new weapons have been added since Release 4?

POWERUPS

38 new powerups, ranging from health items, improved other powerups, element powerups, and much more. Oh, and there's new armors too, if that counts as a powerup.

BONUS CHESTS

You will get a random bonus chest when you start a map that will give you weapons or items, and some can also drop from tough enemies. The bonus chests range from Common, uncommon, rare, epic, and if your stupidly lucky, legendary! There are options in the menu that allow you to control if you get a bonus chest at the start of the map, and another that determines what you want them to provide you with.

ELEMENTAL POWERED MONSTERS

What's a good mod without specifically a setting to make some monsters resistant to a specific element??? Some monsters will have a colored fog around them, representing that they take 1/8 damage from a specific element. There's options to either disable this dumb feature, or make every monster be resistant to something because it's the best idea in the world!

ANNOYING MONSTERS MODE

That's right! You read that correct. The annoying monsters addition is something that will make your life misery, as you try to shoot ninja-skilled losers that bounce off the floor, walls, and ceiling. If the game is too easy for whatever reason, than an option to enable the annoying monsters is in the option settings. Try this only if you're a crazy maniac.

NEW INVASION MODE

In the most recent download link, there is an extra file that will turn the game into some arcade mode where you have to survive against spawning demons as long as possible. Basically, the elemental overlord -̶̤̭̠̼͙̀̒̆̾̀͗̂̕͜-̸͙̖̻̪̿̂̌͛͆̈͂̋͜-̷̘̜͓̺̾̔̐̊͒̏͊͌-̷̛̝̭͔͉͉-̵̧̩͘͠-̸̫̪̂́̉͒̈́-̵̡͉̺̯̘̞̲͖̓-̵̡̧̪̞̝͍͑̈́̇͌̆̈́̔͘-̷̣̅͜-̸̼͛̀-̷̛̛͎̠̥̹̏͐͑̕͝͝-̸͔̗͝-̶̧̠̍̀͠-̶̝͇̟̮͓͓̈ͅ-̵̢̧͚̬͖̻̩̱͐̾̓̚͠-̶̩̫̘̞̭̃͑̀͑̌͘̕͜-̸̯̲́̆͐̿̃̍̈́-̸̯̘͉̺̟̜͙̆̑̍-̷̼͖̫͗̆̑̕͝͠-̴̬͍̣͙̈́ is obsessed with their ring collection, and demands that Doomguy must bring them more rings for their collection. Why? Beats me! Collect as many rings as possible by killing demons, and there's a chance that they will drop a magnificent ring for you to appease -̶̤̭̠̼͙̀̒̆̾̀͗̂̕͜-̸͙̖̻̪̿̂̌͛͆̈͂̋͜-̷̘̜͓̺̾̔̐̊͒̏͊͌-̷̛̝̭͔͉͉-̵̧̩͘͠-̸̫̪̂́̉͒̈́-̵̡͉̺̯̘̞̲͖̓-̵̡̧̪̞̝͍͑̈́̇͌̆̈́̔͘-̷̣̅͜-̸̼͛̀-̷̛̛͎̠̥̹̏͐͑̕͝͝-̸͔̗͝-̶̧̠̍̀͠-̶̝͇̟̮͓͓̈ͅ-̵̢̧͚̬͖̻̩̱͐̾̓̚͠-̶̩̫̘̞̭̃͑̀͑̌͘̕͜-̸̯̲́̆͐̿̃̍̈́-̸̯̘͉̺̟̜͙̆̑̍-̷̼͖̫͗̆̑̕͝͠-̴̬͍̣͙̈́ with. This can be done with any level, and with any settings you'd like.

OPTIONS AND STUFF

There are several options that you can mess around with if stuff is too easy or hard, from monster probability to weapon damage and damage taken. There's also one that allows you to disable effects if you want, or for lag reduction.

IMPORTANT INFO FOR LOADING FILES

Loading MONS and WEAP/MISC together will result in a fatal error. Why do this when you could load the full mod anyway.

DO NOT load invasion mode with only monsters or only weapons/misc stuff, or weird stuff will happen. Invasion mode works properly if you load it with the full mod, and if the invasion file is loaded AFTER the full mod. This can be done by selecting both "dew_randomizer_invasion" and "dew_randomizer_R5", and dragging "dew_randomizer_R5" into gzdoom. This results in "dew_randomizer_R5" loading first, and the invasion file loading second, and there ya go!

Download Link : DR Release 5 (CURRENT)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/57cy99wr ... 5.zip/file

Download Link : DR Release 4B

https://www.mediafire.com/file/v55r32ok ... B.zip/file

Download Link : DR Release 4A

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m9betei3 ... A.zip/file

Download Link : DR Release 4

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jks2o36j ... 4.zip/file

Download Link : DR Release 3

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2ckm56s6v ... 3.pk3/file

Download Link : DR Release 2

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7tlc7utlc ... 2.pk3/file

Download Link : DR Release 1

http://www.mediafire.com/file/532nvgtzd ... r.pk3/file

Feel free to put your thoughts and feedback on this mod down below, whether it be about how awesome or hideous this mod is, or suggestions for how I could make improvement. If you find any errors or glitches, or something that doesn't seem right, report them ASAP. Thank you, and have a great day, also while ripping and tearing with this mod.
Last edited by Dewzanity on Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 18 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Randomizer of Doom

Post by wildweasel »

Does this project exist? We recommend that you have screenshots, a video, or a download link before you post your project thread. More information about that in the Guidelines.
Zachus-Claudicus

Re: Dewzan's Randomizer

Post by Zachus-Claudicus »

This is actually pretty good
It doesnt have much when it comes to weapons but oh damn i have never had so much fun plowing down monsters with an auto shotty
Dewzanity

Post by Dewzanity »

Zachus-Claudicus wrote:This is actually pretty good
Thanks for your support!
Zachus-Claudicus wrote:It doesnt have much when it comes to weapons

The weapons I currently have made are only a fraction of what the final result is planned to be in quantity of the weapons.
Zachus-Claudicus wrote: I have never had so much fun plowing down monsters with an auto shotty
Personally, the auto shotgun is a bit awkward for me to use, probably because of how quick it fires when you press fire.
Bites!

Post by Bites! »

What GZDOOM version need this mod to play?
Dewzanity

Post by Dewzanity »

Bites! wrote:What GZDOOM version need this mod to play?
I tested this mod only with GZDOOM 3.5.0, so it should work with 3.5.0. I am not sure if the mod loads with the latest release of GZDOOM.

Which GZDOOM version did you try using, if you did try already?
Dewzanity

Re: Dewzan's Randomizer (RELEASE NO. 2, TIER 5 MONS)

Post by Dewzanity »

Current Download Link for Dewzan's Randomizer

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7tlc7utlc ... 2.pk3/file
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Dewzanity wrote:So I decided to create a randomizer mod for Doom.
Please add screenshots and/or a video of the mod in action to your parent post. Forum rules can be found here ---> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13893
SergeantDiggs

Post by SergeantDiggs »

I would like the enemies to drop weapons more often, or possibly all the time. Getting my ass kicked because I'm stuck on the pistol is annoying, or facing a Mancubus variant with no heavy weapons and not enough ammo to kill it. Also, I can provide some screenshots for ya. And I saw the bit about Ultimate Custom Doom, but I don't think that someone should be required to use another mod because this one is too difficult.
Dewzanity

Post by Dewzanity »

I never really had much of a problem with weapon drops while testing. There's a struggle with getting a shotgunner or chaingunner to spawn 1st tier to get their weapon, but that's about it. I could also probably add menu options to control how much damage you take, and the percentage of monsters that spawn to make it easier.

As for the screenshots, I honestly have no idea how to add them.
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Dewzanity wrote:I never really had much of a problem with weapon drops while testing. There's a struggle with getting a shotgunner or chaingunner to spawn 1st tier to get their weapon, but that's about it. I could also probably add menu options to control how much damage you take, and the percentage of monsters that spawn to make it easier.

As for the screenshots, I honestly have no idea how to add them.
You can bind a button to do screenshots in gzdoom,
once binded you will find the images in the gzdoom folder in which you were using
Dewzanity

Post by Dewzanity »

once binded you will find the images in the gzdoom folder in which you were using
Then how do I post screenshots on forum?
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Dewzanity wrote:
Then how do I post screenshots on forum?
Try putting them on imgur.
Dewzanity

Post by Dewzanity »

Try putting them on imgur.
Screenshots are posted

https://imgur.com/a/hnLe1Au
Dewzanity

Re: Dewzan's Randomizer (RELEASE NO. 3, TIER 6 MONS ADDED)

Post by Dewzanity »

Current download link for Release 3

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2ckm56s6v ... 3.pk3/file

Return to “Gameplay Mods”