The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
affandede

Re: The Guncaster - 3.3

Post by affandede »

This isn't facebook, man. Posting multiple comments in a row is usually frowned upon here. For good reason.
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

Sorry, my bad. Was just looking for a little help and acknowledging that the help I got worked. Trying to show some appreciation, won't happen again.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

thedeathrunner123 wrote:Sorry, my bad. Was just looking for a little help and acknowledging that the help I got worked. Trying to show some appreciation, won't happen again.
You can always edit your post to add new information instead of making multiple posts in quick succession.
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

Blue Shadow wrote:
thedeathrunner123 wrote:Sorry, my bad. Was just looking for a little help and acknowledging that the help I got worked. Trying to show some appreciation, won't happen again.
You can always edit your post to add new information instead of making multiple posts in quick succession.
good point, I completely forgot that was a feature. :oops: *face palm*
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

Hell yeah! Version 3.3 is finally here!

So I played with Brimstone for a few minutes. It seems like it'll be great fun, especially once I fight a Cyberdemon with it, possibly while under the effects of Berserk. I will have to give it a more serious testing to find and experience the Sandman, but I'll get to that point eventually.

My one complaint is the lack of an option to have all shop items, including the Shout spell and all artifacts, listed from the start. Was the console command for that added back in?
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Say goodbye Mana shield invulnerability though. :(
Vikvicious1

Post by Vikvicious1 »

DemonbaneSol wrote:Hell yeah! Version 3.3 is finally here!

So I played with Brimstone for a few minutes. It seems like it'll be great fun, especially once I fight a Cyberdemon with it, possibly while under the effects of Berserk. I will have to give it a more serious testing to find and experience the Sandman, but I'll get to that point eventually.

My one complaint is the lack of an option to have all shop items, including the Shout spell and all artifacts, listed from the start. Was the console command for that added back in?

I was thinking the same thing about the spells and artifacts, other than that giving Cygnis more fun toys to play with is always a plus in my book.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

The brimstone is cool but Im a little disappointed with how it functions. For some reason I imagined it having DMC style combos like the machete in that one mod Xaser made a long time ago. The animation is a bit unsatisfying too, I love how the melee attacks look and the brimstone just doesnt feel as fluid.
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

I'm trying to do with 3.3 what I was doing with 3.2, editing ZMAPINFO to get back to the default music and backgrounds. However, editing ZMAPINFO in any way results in a fatal error from GZDoom:

Code: Select all

Script error, "Guncaster.pk3:zmapinfo.txt" line 1:
g ameinfo: Unknown top level keyword
What's causing it to think that that extra space is there?
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

DemonbaneSol wrote:My one complaint is the lack of an option to have all shop items, including the Shout spell and all artifacts, listed from the start. Was the console command for that added back in?
Aye. It's "give PassToDreamworld".
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

Oh, just noticed the Weapon Shop addon, woop!

Did notice one thing with it though: Dynamite is priced at 800g on the weapon wheel, but on the inventory wheel it's a steal at 200g.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

baddude1337 wrote:Oh, just noticed the Weapon Shop addon, woop!

Did notice one thing with it though: Dynamite is priced at 800g on the weapon wheel, but on the inventory wheel it's a steal at 200g.
I appreciate the addon, but if I may offer some criticism... As stated by this poster there is some price discrepancy in the dynamite and if I may offer a suggestion:
-Remove dynamite from the weapon shop (it already exists elsewhere and there's no need for redundancy)
-add in longhorn bullets to the shop (somehow it's missing)

I'm giving Hexen a go and sadly the weapon shop cannot be used to buy ammo since Blue and Green mana are absent (can still buy all the normal ammo but in Hexen that is useless).
"One does not simply make an addon for Guncaster" :P

Regarding Brimstone, I like it a lot and am glad it scales with regular melee when using Power Suit and Deadmaker, the strat for it is just wonderful.
But I agree that it would be cooler if it had some moves to go along with it. Perhaps some that work like the special kicks and uppercut:
-Spin attack rather than a roundhouse kick. It's Link's signature attack from the Zelda series, why not have a chat with him and borrow some moves? :P Exploding spin attack with strat?
-Upper/Downward Sword Slam over the uppercut. Lore says the sord be heavy, might as well as get some help from gravity when sording. Bigbadaboom for strat?
-Sword Thrust rather than the dashing kick. The heavy sord would be great for momentum and deadlier than the kick, also Dante's Stinger. Happy ending with strat?

Also I'm glad PB watched predator and aliens.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

The weapon shop dynamite is actually a major discount: You get 10 TNT for 800 vs 1 for 200. Now THAT's a steal. I noted the rest about the shop. [x
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

KeksDose wrote:The weapon shop dynamite is actually a major discount: You get 10 TNT for 800 vs 1 for 200. Now THAT's a steal. I noted the rest about the shop. [x
Now that's a lot of bang for my buck! :D
Maybe add some indication of how much ammo each purchase adds to your total?

EDIT: I hadn't noticed another change, which I think is pretty damn awesome. When hovering with either the powersuit or deadmaker, you will actually hover in place and using the flight (default W, W) you will actually be propelled towards where you're looking. That's very neat since it allows you to fly without needing the punch spell.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Say goodbye Mana shield invulnerability though. :(
Yeah I'm sad about it too. Thankfully, guncaster team categorise their scripts instead of mixing them up in to one huge pile of mess. MAYBE with some luck, I can just copy-paste the old mana-shield script to replace the new one. Hopefully that will work.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”