[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

Rowsol

Re: [v2.0] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by Rowsol »

"Stronger weapons need more upgrade kits to get upgraded"
This is a good change. I always thought it was pointless to upgrade the standard shotgun when the auto was easy to find and just as easy to upgrade. Now upgrading the lower tier weapons makes sense.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Yaaaaaasssssssss! <3
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Can you add heavy weapon upgrades for the rest of the arsenal?
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

Hey, I found a bug in the HUD; I think you left some debug numbers there.
di_HUD_bug.png
Nems

Post by Nems »

Also ran into a bug: the ammo, internal, and magazine upgrades for the Super Shotgun require two upgrade kits. However, when I have exactly two in my inventory and try to use them on any upgrade it tells me I need two upgrade kits despite having the exact number of kits needed. When I have three upgrade kits in my inventory though and use them it upgrades the Super Shotgun part without any issues.

EDIT: Also, the HUD I'm using (not the one CanisLaticanis is using in their screenshot) only shows two upgrade stars for the Super Shotgun instead of three (the missing star is the one for the magazine). Not really a big deal since I get a HUD message telling me what happens when I do use an upgrade kit on each of the three parts but I thought I'd go ahead and mention it.
Last edited by Nems on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Damn, I completely forgot about those numbers in HUD and yeah, seems like I forgot to update the upgrade icons for SSG.

And btw, here's the Discord link: https://discord.gg/P2CerbK
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Some bugs here :

- When I switch the KampfPistole's second fire mode, it's print on the screen : "Plasma launcher selected".
- If you haven't enough upgrade kits for the Heavy Weapons, theirs sprites are superposed with the assault rifle (also, you can't fire or switch the weapon).
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20190605_092623.png
Nems

Post by Nems »

Posting again to confirm that the magazine upgrade for the Super Shotgun suffers from the same issues as the other two Super Shotgun upgrades. I edited my post to reflect that.

Also, currently the HEV pickup uses the same sprites as the upgrade kit which threw me off. I recall older versions of the mod having different pick up sprites for the envirosuit.

I'll be joining the Discord after I have some brunch so I'll copy/paste these bugs there. :P
GoldenGuard95
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by GoldenGuard95 »

Holy fokin jesus. The 2.0 update is exactly what this mod needed. Just needs a little more polish. Although.. i like how the mod progressed. I still remember when there was a Black Hole Generator or something like that, and a regular BFG from DooM 3. Keep up the good work, pal.

Also hell, ive always wanted some Tesla weapon in this mod, and you actually added it. Just needs some cryo weapon, and we are good to go. Youre doing the god´s work.

PS : Maybe its just that i have toaster, but the Hammergewehr lags like hell when it starts to fire in full speed.
Last edited by GoldenGuard95 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ts879

Post by Ts879 »

Ok, I've been playing this mod for over a year now and i was wondering how the 2.0 update would look like and in all honestly it has exceeded all my expectations. I really like two new guns, especially the tesla rifle in all It's shocking glory. The heavy weapons are an idea from new colossus that implemented better in this mod! Each one feels supremely powerful in It's own right and unique as well. Its better here as you can still keep the heavy weapons after ammo is consumed until you find another that is.

The only criticism I have would be the alternate fire mode of the lasergewehr which isn’t too different from the regular. I was hoping it would be something cool like a automatic laser shotgun or anything a bit different. So i would like to recommend that you change that?

Besides that everything else is fantastic! Great Job mate and I hope You'll keep supporting this mod.
D3athStalker

Re: [v2.0.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Here is a quick bugfix for the bugs mentioned, thanks for the feedback :)

Link: https://mega.nz/#!04oQEaaJ!iFKvAHT14CBX ... S3ndRdamc0
Alternate Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kadnaah1 ... 1.pk3/file
Spoiler: Changelog
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

Found another bug: the magazine-upgraded Inferno Shotgun won't reload the left-hand gun while dual-wielded while using the 'old' style of reloading.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

So is it just carrying one heavy weapon or can I carry all of them? :D
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Found another bug: the magazine-upgraded Inferno Shotgun won't reload the left-hand gun while dual-wielded while using the 'old' style of reloading.
Same thing for the "Scythe" Magnum, but you can't reload them in dual-wield if their magazines are emtpy (bug found without upgrading the magazine).
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

Gideon020 wrote:So is it just carrying one heavy weapon or can I carry all of them? :D
You can only carry one heavy weapon at a time. Altfire allows you to drop your current one so you can pick up a different heavy weapon.

Also, disassembly of heavy weapons is performed via use of upgrade kits on said weapons, just in case anyone might have been confused by the omission of this detail in the documentation.

I've noticed that the upgrades for grenades share the same sprite as the upgrade kits I use on weapons. I don't know if this is something the developer missed in earlier releases, but I thought I'd point it out just in case.

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind about the grenade upgrade kits. I just happened to notice that they appear with a shade of gray, instead of tan for the outer part of the box. I guess stuff like that happens when I get fixated on that pretty green light coming from it, eh? :oops:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”