Redemption Of The Slain (Non brutal Doom Version)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
djonas

Re: Redemption Of The Slain (Non brutal Doom Version)

Post by djonas »

The level seems to be going as big as the entire NRFTL mapset. Which raises the question in me why don't you simply call it "No Rest for the Living 2"? The design philosophy similarities are notable, despite the extra GZDoom support. The only real difference is that NRFTL was split into maps, while ROTS is a HL style continuous adventure, but segments are very different, especially the first part, the secret area and the final fight.
Gez

Post by Gez »

NRFTL was a corporate work made with another person; it makes sense to me to use a different title for a personal hobby project.
TheCastle

Post by TheCastle »

Gez wrote:
TheCastle wrote:I also realized that Doombuilder can be used to make content for my game Revulsion.
That's neat, but more precisely, does it mean that
... Revulsion natively uses a Doom map format?
... Revulsion can interpret Doom maps on the fly?
... DB can be modified to read and write Revulsion maps?
All it does is export the level with a nearly perfect mesh and material IDs to a point where filling in the enemy placement and lighting is fairly straight forward. All I need to do honestly is development my own textures and I think it can work really well. I can also use additional meshes built in blender to fill the blanks with some things.
Gez wrote:NRFTL was a corporate work made with another person; it makes sense to me to use a different title for a personal hobby project.
Yeah, unless I managed to get squibbons to collaborate then its not really technically NRFTL in spirit.

Tonight will be a combination Revulsion Doom 2 stream. I am practicing a new art style and I want to see about reworking the final section of the toxin refinery.
TheCastle

Post by TheCastle »

This thread is not dead, I still have the goal of completing the level.
I have just become insanely distracted with another project. I still think about completing this all the time. It is not abandoned.
TheCastle

Post by TheCastle »

https://discussions.app/tag/blog/1ena6t ... -this-port

I feel like its time to go ahead and just get what is left to be done with this map. Honestly I dont think a whole lot needs to be done. The only thing is. I plan to release it with almost everything included outside of the iwad obviously.

edit : Twitter update
https://twitter.com/zZCastleZz/status/1 ... 4990146567

Return to “Levels”