[GZDoom 4.1.2] Crash from zcsript GiveInventory? [SOLVED]

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Spaceman333

[GZDoom 4.1.2] Crash from zcsript GiveInventory? [SOLVED]

Post by Spaceman333 »

I started encountering a strange error after installing GZDoom 4.1.2 which didn't happen in 3.6.0 I used prior.

Heres a screenshot of the error:

https://ibb.co/dLQzgWg

I don't know what the exact cause is, but it has to do something with spawning or using inventory items. The mod I get this error with is Boom Power Reborn that uses zscript to make any monster explode on death and occasionally drop items. Another mod that I had the error occur with was UAC Survival Pack with adds standalone grenades, flares and pipebombs.

Has anyone else gotten this error?

I'm not sure if this error is due to the mods I'm using or gzdoom itself.
Last edited by Spaceman333 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
_mental_

Re: [GZDoom 4.1.2] Crash from zcsript GiveInventory?

Post by _mental_ »

Most likely it's the same bug as this one. You can use the latest devbuild, the issue is already fixed there.
Spaceman333

Re: [GZDoom 4.1.2] Crash from zcsript GiveInventory?

Post by Spaceman333 »

_mental_ wrote:Most likely it's the same bug as this one. You can use the latest devbuild, the issue is already fixed there.
Thank you! That definitely looks like the same one. :thumb:

Return to “Technical Issues”