IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby irontusk341 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:29 am

ZDL_800 wrote:I would seriously buy this game.

It is awesome, where is ID? If I was ID, I would be paying Irontusk a healthy amount, contacting Blizzard and say hey, have you seen this madness, listen Blizzard its better then your Diablo mobile trash, everyones happy.


Raven software owns Heretic (which my TC mod uses as a iwad), which that is owned of Activation Blizzard.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 09 Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby ZDL_800 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:43 am

Thanks for the update.

Well that's even better because Raven Software work with Activision/Blizzard, I believe Raven worked on the WW2 COD.

ID still own the engine to what Heretic was built on, not to sure how that works but I'm sure you cant make games on ID1 engine and publish them without ID's consent? I don't know how that works exactly?

Thanks again.
User avatar
ZDL_800
 
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby wildweasel » Fri May 31, 2019 12:14 pm

ZDL_800 wrote:ID still own the engine to what Heretic was built on, not to sure how that works but I'm sure you cant make games on ID1 engine and publish them without ID's consent? I don't know how that works exactly?

The engine was released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, so making stuff on it is totally within license. The only trouble comes when you're including any resources from the original commercial game data. If the game is to be made standalone, those will need to be replaced.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby irontusk341 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:38 pm

Hey Everyone!

New Teaser is OUT....

Come check out whats in store in the NEXT expansion of this mod.




Story So Far... if you havent played the game dont click the spoiler.

Spoiler:
Last edited by irontusk341 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 09 Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby ZDL_800 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:06 pm

Looks fantastic!
User avatar
ZDL_800
 
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby GoldenGuard95 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:57 am

So we get an heaven now? Sounds and looks great. Oh, also i need to ask you... is there an Pandemonium event, or it will be added?
GoldenGuard95
 
Joined: 02 Mar 2018
Discord: AngaraN7#7447

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby irontusk341 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:52 pm

GoldenGuard95 wrote:So we get an heaven now? Sounds and looks great. Oh, also i need to ask you... is there an Pandemonium event, or it will be added?


The "Pandemonium" Event is level E6M5, its essentially the hardest level in the game for obvious reasons. :P

it has lilith, uber diablo, uber mephisto, etc.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 09 Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby GoldenGuard95 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:04 am

Good to know. Thanks.
GoldenGuard95
 
Joined: 02 Mar 2018
Discord: AngaraN7#7447

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby cuerval » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:59 pm

Great mod overall! I can't get Diablo II to run on my computer, so your mod satisfies my nostalgia in the meantime :D. However, I noticed a few small bugs/oddities I was curious about:
1. Dying and respawning as any character seems to change the UI of your skills to those of the Fighter class. The skill effects aren't changed, but it's a bit annoying to figure out which skills are equipped when they have the wrong UI. So far, I've had this issue with the Cleric and the Mage past level 6.

2. The Mage's Energy Absorb skill seems to do absolutely nothing--perhaps I'm missing something, but I can just build the charge to 100... and that's it. The charge is indicated on the green mana, but it doesn't seem to power up the next shot for weapons using green mana.

3. Probably not a bug: is 160 the max character level? I noticed after using a respec scroll on my cleric, that I stopped gaining experience past level 160. I was wondering whether this was caused by the use of a respec scroll (to change my path selection from Oracle to Inquisitor), or whether 160 was simply the max level, as by that point, all skills will be maxed out at 10 points each.
cuerval
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2019

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby SallazarSpellcaster » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:17 pm

cuerval wrote:Great mod overall! I can't get Diablo II to run on my computer, so your mod satisfies my nostalgia in the meantime :D. However, I noticed a few small bugs/oddities I was curious about:
1. Dying and respawning as any character seems to change the UI of your skills to those of the Fighter class. The skill effects aren't changed, but it's a bit annoying to figure out which skills are equipped when they have the wrong UI. So far, I've had this issue with the Cleric and the Mage past level 6.

2. The Mage's Energy Absorb skill seems to do absolutely nothing--perhaps I'm missing something, but I can just build the charge to 100... and that's it. The charge is indicated on the green mana, but it doesn't seem to power up the next shot for weapons using green mana.

3. Probably not a bug: is 160 the max character level? I noticed after using a respec scroll on my cleric, that I stopped gaining experience past level 160. I was wondering whether this was caused by the use of a respec scroll (to change my path selection from Oracle to Inquisitor), or whether 160 was simply the max level, as by that point, all skills will be maxed out at 10 points each.




Hello! The Energy Absorb skill builds up energy to be used with the Arc of Death weapon, it causes it to fire off a stream of lightning, and then multiple projectiles. As for the max level, you can set the max character level in the Wrath of Cronos options menu, I think it can go as far as 900. However, once you max all your skills, you stop gaining skill points -since there's nothing to use them on anymore-, only stat points.
User avatar
SallazarSpellcaster
 
Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Location: Mexico

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby cuerval » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:57 am

SallazarSpellcaster wrote:
cuerval wrote:Great mod overall! I can't get Diablo II to run on my computer, so your mod satisfies my nostalgia in the meantime :D. However, I noticed a few small bugs/oddities I was curious about:
1. Dying and respawning as any character seems to change the UI of your skills to those of the Fighter class. The skill effects aren't changed, but it's a bit annoying to figure out which skills are equipped when they have the wrong UI. So far, I've had this issue with the Cleric and the Mage past level 6.

2. The Mage's Energy Absorb skill seems to do absolutely nothing--perhaps I'm missing something, but I can just build the charge to 100... and that's it. The charge is indicated on the green mana, but it doesn't seem to power up the next shot for weapons using green mana.

3. Probably not a bug: is 160 the max character level? I noticed after using a respec scroll on my cleric, that I stopped gaining experience past level 160. I was wondering whether this was caused by the use of a respec scroll (to change my path selection from Oracle to Inquisitor), or whether 160 was simply the max level, as by that point, all skills will be maxed out at 10 points each.




Hello! The Energy Absorb skill builds up energy to be used with the Arc of Death weapon, it causes it to fire off a stream of lightning, and then multiple projectiles. As for the max level, you can set the max character level in the Wrath of Cronos options menu, I think it can go as far as 900. However, once you max all your skills, you stop gaining skill points -since there's nothing to use them on anymore-, only stat points.

Thanks for the info; when I first made my post, I hadn't picked up the Arc of Death weapon yet. Any fixes/workarounds for the UI bug I mentioned, though? It's not a big deal, but it is a bit disconcerting.
cuerval
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2019

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby irontusk341 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:15 am

cuerval wrote:
SallazarSpellcaster wrote:
cuerval wrote:Great mod overall! I can't get Diablo II to run on my computer, so your mod satisfies my nostalgia in the meantime :D. However, I noticed a few small bugs/oddities I was curious about:
1. Dying and respawning as any character seems to change the UI of your skills to those of the Fighter class. The skill effects aren't changed, but it's a bit annoying to figure out which skills are equipped when they have the wrong UI. So far, I've had this issue with the Cleric and the Mage past level 6.

2. The Mage's Energy Absorb skill seems to do absolutely nothing--perhaps I'm missing something, but I can just build the charge to 100... and that's it. The charge is indicated on the green mana, but it doesn't seem to power up the next shot for weapons using green mana.

3. Probably not a bug: is 160 the max character level? I noticed after using a respec scroll on my cleric, that I stopped gaining experience past level 160. I was wondering whether this was caused by the use of a respec scroll (to change my path selection from Oracle to Inquisitor), or whether 160 was simply the max level, as by that point, all skills will be maxed out at 10 points each.




Hello! The Energy Absorb skill builds up energy to be used with the Arc of Death weapon, it causes it to fire off a stream of lightning, and then multiple projectiles. As for the max level, you can set the max character level in the Wrath of Cronos options menu, I think it can go as far as 900. However, once you max all your skills, you stop gaining skill points -since there's nothing to use them on anymore-, only stat points.

Thanks for the info; when I first made my post, I hadn't picked up the Arc of Death weapon yet. Any fixes/workarounds for the UI bug I mentioned, though? It's not a big deal, but it is a bit disconcerting.


the only way around the UI bug is if i disable Respawn... I could do it, but then you would have to start from a save point....

oh one other thing for everyone following this progress... a new monster has been added called the paladin... A heavily armoured Knight that guards Heavens most holy sites. He doesnt have much for range but he can take a lot of damage and is almost virtually immune to physical.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 09 Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby Tear_and_Rip » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:07 pm

This mod looks amazing, and I'm dying to play it, but I can't seem to get it running on Zandronum. I'm not sure if it's because I can't figure out the loading order for all the files or maybe I have the wrong IWAD. I did check the README, but I'm still lost. If anyone runs this on Zandronum, could you please post what needs to be done? Sorry if this isn't the proper place for this type of post. Looking forward to this mod!
Tear_and_Rip
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2019

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby PlayerLin » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:12 am

Tear_and_Rip wrote:This mod looks amazing, and I'm dying to play it, but I can't seem to get it running on Zandronum. I'm not sure if it's because I can't figure out the loading order for all the files or maybe I have the wrong IWAD. I did check the README, but I'm still lost. If anyone runs this on Zandronum, could you please post what needs to be done? Sorry if this isn't the proper place for this type of post. Looking forward to this mod!


I'm sure you can run the bat file with "ZAN" in the directory of the mod, just put the mod files on your Zandronum directory and run(double-click) the bat like "iron tusks Diablo 3D Normal ZAN.bat" and it should be works.

You can still run it with launcher or command line if you want, check the bat file for load orders.
Attachments
diablo3dmod_bats.png
Files with red lines are the bats(come with Full version) for Zandronum.
User avatar
PlayerLin
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2007
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Postby Tear_and_Rip » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Checking the bat file did indeed show the load order and got things working. I know that's doing things the hard way, so I'll see if i can get it going with the easier method. Thanks for taking the time to help a lowly Zandronum (mac) user. I'm loving this mod so far.
Tear_and_Rip
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2019

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Unholypimpin, Yandex [Bot] and 9 guests