The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
KeksDose

Re: The Guncaster - 3.2

Post by KeksDose »

FlyingPotato wrote:Thanks, but on second thought, I'd like to edit Guncaster's ZMAPINFO file so that it stops overriding any backgrounds and music in general. How do I do that?
Delete or rename the titlemap. The flashing help text will disappear and the title pic will be the same every time, to whatever is set in zmapinfo. Delete the entries titlepage and titlemusic from gameinfo, and you should be back to the iwad titles.

edit: quoth latest infoblaster news ticker for new page
PillowBlaster wrote:
comet1337 wrote:i was messing around a bit with various things and found a few bugs
you can attempt to infinitely climb ledges even if the ledge is behind bars (one sided linedef, void sector)

setting sv_gravity even up to 900 (from the default 800) causes tnt to endlessly bounce in place
and explode twice

set it to 3000 and it will periodically explode forever
Fixed dynamite. Not sure about the ledge thing, but that's Zhs2's turf to look into.
Starman the Blaziken wrote:I am sure you may or may have not seen the bug, but after taking control of the monster(s) with voidtouch and with one of the upgrades it just kills them after a period of time, but... It does not count to the overall kill count and I cannot use 'kill monsters' ether since all it does is kill whatever remains on the map.
I think friendly monsters don't count towards your kill count. Hell, they should be removed from the total count, so it shouldn't even matter.
Frozenwolf150 wrote:There are a couple of glitches I found related to dual wielding, via the menu option and not the Gunzerk effect:

When you hit the "quick toss TNT" key, two TNTs are clearly being thrown, but it only expends a single unit from your ammo. This doesn't happen when directly wielding the TNT (switching to weapon 5) and you throw both simultaneously.

When using the Matriarch Stratocaster, if you queue up shots in the right-hand gun and fire them, you will be unable to switch weapons or quick toss TNT until you fire at least one shot from the left-hand gun.
First thing's not a glitch per-se; Gunzerk gives you a free extra TNT toss. I just didn't bother with Gunslinger differing on that. But now that you say it... I guess I can change that.

The latter however - it seems that Matriarch bug is caused by something I commented out. It probably means I did it for another reason I don't remember now. Guess I'll put it back in and pay attention to whatever else breaks.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

Another bug report:

Having the Draugh Suit equipped causes the black chests to glitch and only drop powerups related to the suit. They will not drop Power Suit parts unless the Draugh Suit is unequipped. This has occurred whenever I get the Draugh Tome early, as I tend to leave the suit equipped at all times. When encountering a black chest, I usually quicksave the game to see what comes out. When the Draugh Suit is equipped, the chest only drops things like Voidwalker's Touch or Lost Traveler's Journal. I was wondering why I kept going through an entire game without ever finding any Bishop parts. But then I reloaded the game, unequipped the Draugh Suit, and opened the chest. This time, I finally got the lower part of the Power Suit.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Umm... black chest?

That sounds like a feature from Guncaster Vindicated, which is another mod based on normal Guncaster and is maintained by Dino_Nerd. It has its own topic so you probably report this there.
affandede

Post by affandede »

Frozenwolf150 wrote:Another bug report:

Having the Draugh Suit equipped causes the black chests to glitch and only drop powerups related to the suit. They will not drop Power Suit parts unless the Draugh Suit is unequipped. This has occurred whenever I get the Draugh Tome early, as I tend to leave the suit equipped at all times. When encountering a black chest, I usually quicksave the game to see what comes out. When the Draugh Suit is equipped, the chest only drops things like Voidwalker's Touch or Lost Traveler's Journal. I was wondering why I kept going through an entire game without ever finding any Bishop parts. But then I reloaded the game, unequipped the Draugh Suit, and opened the chest. This time, I finally got the lower part of the Power Suit.
First of all, as the guy above me said, you are probably playing Vindicated, not the classic Guncaster. And that's a feature, not a bug.
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Remember to post your load order and be sure you are checking the base mod (and make sure you are testing with the mod on which forum you are reporting, Guncaster.pk3 in this case) without any additions in order to try to ensure that any bug/error/glitch you are reporting is isolated, testable and repeatable.

example:
Spoiler:
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I found a bug, I think. Collecting the power suit pieces in Hexen mode doesnt give you the suit.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

SamVision wrote:I found a bug, I think. Collecting the power suit pieces in Hexen mode doesnt give you the suit.
Already known.
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

KeksDose wrote:Delete or rename the titlemap. The flashing help text will disappear and the title pic will be the same every time, to whatever is set in zmapinfo. Delete the entries titlepage and titlemusic from gameinfo, and you should be back to the iwad titles.
Deleting the titlemap and the entries you said gave me a black background and no music.
I want the intermissions and credits to be default, too; deleting intermissionmusic gives the default intermission music, but GC's intermission screen is still there. Deleting finalemusic, finalepage, and creditpage did nothing.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

The steps say to delete the entries from gameinfo, not the actual graphics and music. Except the intermission page, you'll have to delete the graphic for that cuz its name is the same.

You will get the black screen only if gameinfo tries using graphics that aren't there.
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

All I deleted was the entries and titlemap. The graphics and music are still right where they're supposed to be (except the intermission graphic, which I just deleted).
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

Just deleted BOSSBACK out of the graphics subfolder, too. That got the cast roll call background back to the default, but the Guncaster music is still there.
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

So to summarize:
What I've deleted from ZMAPINFO:
titlmap and the contents of brackets that immediately followed it. The titlemusic, intermissionmusic, finalemusic, finalepage, titlepage, and creditpage gameinfo entries.
What's been deleted from the graphics subfolder:
INTERPIC and BOSSBACK.
Nothing else has been deleted.
The effects:
Title page is black and silent. Intermission screens are back to default bacground and music. Cast roll call has defualt background, but Guncaster music.
huntrag94

Post by huntrag94 »

Curious what does the Add-on download do to Guncaster I've downloaded it but can't seem to figure out what it does?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

There's a guide in the first post showing the mod contents. There's an addon section near the bottom.
huntrag94

Post by huntrag94 »

Rowsol wrote:There's a guide in the first post showing the mod contents. There's an addon section near the bottom.
ooh I didn't noticed that ty

Return to “Gameplay Mods”