GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
boris

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by boris »

Darkcrafter wrote:What's about a feature that would allow working in things mode by only seeing a type of thing say like grass, trees, rocks, monsters, occlussion (I made several occlussion actors in decorate to spread them around my 3d models surface so they become kind of solid). So called "Masked things mode", you choose what kind of things you need or a range, like : 9081, 2500, 1200 and it only shows them. Imagine what hell it becomes to edit maps with lots of decorative stuff like described above. That feature would be absolute beast to me :)
Thing filters are in already.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Darkcrafter »

It's not what I want. The current one only allows to select what to keep from selection. I would like to be able to configure the entire thing mode so it only shows up what I need. Also it needs thing type range, so I could choose multiple actors to show. Is this possible to get in a separate "Filtered things" button mode?
Empyre

Post by Empyre »

Darkcrafter wrote:What's about a feature that would allow working in things mode by only seeing a type of thing say like grass, trees, rocks, monsters, occlussion (I made several occlussion actors in decorate to spread them around my 3d models surface so they become kind of solid). So called "Masked things mode", you choose what kind of things you need or a range, like : 9081, 2500, 1200 and it only shows them. Imagine what hell it becomes to edit maps with lots of decorative stuff like described above. That feature would be absolute beast to me :)

I don't know why, but new versions mess up my maps singlesided linedefs. All the previous versions of GZDoom Builder BugFix don't. What could go wrong?
When you are in Things mode, there is a button in the tool bar that looks like a funnel. That is the filter. You can use it to filter what things you can see.
Darkcrafter

Post by Darkcrafter »

Empyre wrote:When you are in Things mode, there is a button in the tool bar that looks like a funnel. That is the filter. You can use it to filter what things you can see.
Oh man, turns out I'm a big noob, thanks! :)

Upd. I still can't figure out on how to get multiple things into one filtering preset so "Things type field" only allows entering just one thing at a time.
Attachments
ThingsType.jpg
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello

Were tried all versions of the Doombuilder bugfix and it wont start, we have the Netframeworks most recent updates and all DX libraries, here is the 2 error logs in the Event Viewer.

Faulting application name: Builder.vshost.exe, version: 14.0.23107.0, time stamp: 0x559b788a
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.19269, time stamp: 0x5c5e079f
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000008e6c
Faulting process id: 0xb90
Faulting application start time: 0x01d51b2bd4d1ce92
Faulting application path: D:\DOOM BUILDER\GZDoom_Builder_Bugfix-r3050-x64\Builder.vshost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 128a4677-871f-11e9-82cd-001eece5bd9b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: Builder.vshost.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.EntryPoint.Main()

Havent the sightest clue how to fix this as there is no information online regrading this issue.

Thanks again.
Empyre

Post by Empyre »

Darkcrafter wrote:
Empyre wrote:When you are in Things mode, there is a button in the tool bar that looks like a funnel. That is the filter. You can use it to filter what things you can see.
Oh man, turns out I'm a big noob, thanks! :)

Upd. I still can't figure out on how to get multiple things into one filtering preset so "Things type field" only allows entering just one thing at a time.
You need to put your custom actors into their own category, which will put them into their own folder when you are choosing what thing to place in your map, and you can then filter them by category. In DECORATE, you do this by adding the following line to each actor:
//$Category YourCategoryNameHere

I don't know how to do it in ZScript, but I am sure it can be done, and somebody here will be able to tell you how.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, you could simply filter by category User Defined, which is the default category for user-defined actors when no category is specified in their definition.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

ZDL_800 wrote: Framework Version: v4.0.30319
I don't know if this will help.
On the Github site it says that Framework 4.6 is required.

Did you compile the editor yourself or did you download from DRDteam?
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello and thankyou for the reply.

Looks like the system has Netframework 4.7, I did try and install the 4.6 but it basically stated that I had the most recent version.

We downloaded and tested every bugfix version from the DRDTeam website, none of them work.

Thanks again.
axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch

Post by axredneck »

ZDL_800 wrote:Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Maybe problems with your Windows install?
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

It could be an issue with the OS but I do have many programs installed with no issues, drivers are up to date, what exactly does this error mean if I may ask?

Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.EntryPoint.Main()

That looks like the issue to me but not sure what it means exactly?

So after much research we found the original level builder download 'GZDoom Builder R2364 Setup' this works ok but none of the bugfixes work, I tried to replace all files from the install with the bugfix files also.

Problem is I'm not sure if editing levels on an old version of Doom builder would bug the map or not if it was compiled on the newer versions?

Thanks again.
axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch

Post by axredneck »

ZDL_800 wrote:System.IO.FileNotFoundException
If deleting and reinstalling GZDB and deleting it's config doesn't help then your Windows has a problem.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

The original version works fine but the bugfix version wont open.

If the original version works then how can it be the OS?
TheMafla

Post by TheMafla »

I have a question, is there a shortcut for the slopes that are on the side of the "Surfaces" tab? because I do not understand much the option of "Slope angle" and I would like something simpler to use them and not have to use the action 181.
Darkcrafter

Post by Darkcrafter »

It didn't work on my old Windows 7 x64 until I fired up Windows Update Center and it installed SP1 and everything new over the old build. So Framework 4.6 requires a new OS - Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1 at very least. The old non-bugfix versions work fine under any OS.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

TheMafla wrote:I have a question, is there a shortcut for the slopes that are on the side of the "Surfaces" tab? because I do not understand much the option of "Slope angle" and I would like something simpler to use them and not have to use the action 181.
The easiest way to deal with this is to open the 3D preview and interactively set the slope, angle height rotation, OK that and then adjust the height with the mousewheel. Tweak if so required.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”