The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
affandede

Re: The Guncaster - 3.2

Post by affandede »

Zhs2 wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:A shame that Dinosaur_Nerd isn't a part of your crew, since he's done quite the work with Guncaster.
He's a cool guy, but he has his own vision of Guncaster. And, well, let's say his code is not quite... robust... even if he is learning a lot by working on his own vision of Guncaster.
Thankfully his talent and his eagerness to learn don't go to waste, he is on the Project Brutality team.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Just for clarification from my side - I don't get in Dino's way of doing his thing, and he doesn't with mine. We're sharing issues and fixes among other things. He's the guy who for instance sparked adding climbing to the mod. While not being official part of the crew, we respect and are in contact with each other.
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

affandede wrote:Thankfully his talent and his eagerness to learn don't go to waste, he is on the Project Brutality team.
I was invited to join their discord channel, and I assist in correcting bugs sometimes when asked, or if I happen upon a script I feel might be helpful to pa1nki113r. Pa1n has been nothing but kind to me, and I hope my assistance made his life easier and a little happier.

That being said, I don't consider myself part of the dev team. I just catch bugs sometimes and try my hand at fixing them.
AvzinElkein wrote:A shame that Dinosaur_Nerd isn't a part of your crew, since he's done quite the work with Guncaster.
If the GC team wants my help, they'll ask for it. Sometimes I volunteer to help with organizing some stuff that's particularly headache inducing for the team just because I plan to do it in my own project, and I'm happy to share that work if it will help, such as with the gore code and the adapter.
If I submit something, the GC team usually knows how to make whatever I've worked on behave even better than I did. The climbing script they designed is beautiful, and way more impressive than my prototype, and I'm very excited to see how the adapter will work once the GC team gets done with their version.
Zhs2 wrote:He's a cool guy, but he has his own vision of Guncaster. And, well, let's say his code is not quite... robust... even if he is learning a lot by working on his own vision of Guncaster.
I'm glad to be able to learn while having so much fun with all this. Someday I hope my code will be rock solid, but for now, I'm happy to learn and slowly make it better, step by step. The commentary and cleanliness of the code helps make working with all this a very enjoyable and fulfilling experience.
PillowBlaster wrote:Just for clarification from my side - I don't get in Dino's way of doing his thing, and he doesn't with mine. We're sharing issues and fixes among other things. He's the guy who for instance sparked adding climbing to the mod. While not being official part of the crew, we respect and are in contact with each other.
Yep, pretty much this. The GC team helps me wayyy more than I can help them back, but I definitely try to help when I can.

Honestly we all try to help one another when we catch bugs and report them. Those of us who are developers can't catch everything no matter how hard we try or how picky we might be, but with a solid friendly community surrounding us that cares enough to take the time to report issues, we can steadily all work together to make these projects as good as they can be.

There... now that I'm done being all sappy and shit... we should get back to discussion of the mod itself.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

KeksDose wrote:That's the thing. It's easy to add spells to the shop, but making a spell is really difficult. You have to edit the base weapon, the Draugh and the Wyvern in the base mod. For example, we can't make new spells in the addon, but we can make new weapons.

Everything else is handled: Showing up in the shop, in the quick select ring and in the cycle, and on the hud.
Personally, do not care about draugh and wyvern THAT much. From what I heard, both from DoomKrakken, adding new spells in the shop would means editing the ENTIRE shop. But from same rumor I heard from DoomKrakken is that with the new shop mechanic, adding new spell would automatically appear in the shop without much hassle or work.

I hope I got it correct by "That's the thing" ?
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

There are a couple of glitches I found related to dual wielding, via the menu option and not the Gunzerk effect:

When you hit the "quick toss TNT" key, two TNTs are clearly being thrown, but it only expends a single unit from your ammo. This doesn't happen when directly wielding the TNT (switching to weapon 5) and you throw both simultaneously.

When using the Matriarch Stratocaster, if you queue up shots in the right-hand gun and fire them, you will be unable to switch weapons or quick toss TNT until you fire at least one shot from the left-hand gun.
Last edited by Frozenwolf150 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

I am sure you may or may have not seen the bug, but after taking control of the monster(s) with voidtouch and with one of the upgrades it just kills them after a period of time, but... It does not count to the overall kill count and I cannot use 'kill monsters' ether since all it does is kill whatever remains on the map.
MasterOfPuppets86

Post by MasterOfPuppets86 »

So, there was an art contest I signed into and I completely forgot until like 15 minutes before the deadline, and I just drew the first dragon that came to mind in like five minutes.

I think I truly managed to capture Cygnis visage in this picture.
affandede

Post by affandede »

MasterOfPuppets86 wrote:So, there was an art contest I signed into and I completely forgot until like 15 minutes before the deadline, and I just drew the first dragon that came to mind in like five minutes.

He protec, he attac but most importantly, he thicc
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

MasterOfPuppets86 wrote:So, there was an art contest I signed into and I completely forgot until like 15 minutes before the deadline, and I just drew the first dragon that came to mind in like five minutes.

Aww he is so adorable! I think I might save it :D

(heck I already played Sigil yesterday and I am too well in the mood to play GC with it, yes I love da mod this much)
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

Aw, that's adorable.

A little round thicc dragon.
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

I'm having a bit of an issue. After playing through SIGIL, I wanted to set it up so that the correct tracks played on the main menu and the intermission screens (I paid for the version with the soundtrack; I'd like to hear all of it). I added a ZMAPINFO lump to the soundtrack WAD which contains the following:

Code: Select all

gameinfo
{
      titlemusic = "D_INTRO"
      intermissionmusic = "D_INTER"
}
After loading the soundtrack WAD last, the intermission music is the song from the soundtrack, but the main menu is still Guncaster's main menu music. What do I need to do?
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Look for titlemap in Guncaster's zmapinfo. Copying that and changing the music may do the trick.
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

Thanks, but on second thought, I'd like to edit Guncaster's ZMAPINFO file so that it stops overriding any backgrounds and music in general. How do I do that?
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

i was messing around a bit with various things and found a few bugs
you can attempt to infinitely climb ledges even if the ledge is behind bars (one sided linedef, void sector)

setting sv_gravity even up to 900 (from the default 800) causes tnt to endlessly bounce in place
and explode twice

set it to 3000 and it will periodically explode forever
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

comet1337 wrote:i was messing around a bit with various things and found a few bugs
you can attempt to infinitely climb ledges even if the ledge is behind bars (one sided linedef, void sector)

setting sv_gravity even up to 900 (from the default 800) causes tnt to endlessly bounce in place
and explode twice

set it to 3000 and it will periodically explode forever
Fixed dynamite. Not sure about the ledge thing, but that's Zhs2's turf to look into.
Starman the Blaziken wrote:I am sure you may or may have not seen the bug, but after taking control of the monster(s) with voidtouch and with one of the upgrades it just kills them after a period of time, but... It does not count to the overall kill count and I cannot use 'kill monsters' ether since all it does is kill whatever remains on the map.
I think friendly monsters don't count towards your kill count. Hell, they should be removed from the total count, so it shouldn't even matter.
Frozenwolf150 wrote:There are a couple of glitches I found related to dual wielding, via the menu option and not the Gunzerk effect:

When you hit the "quick toss TNT" key, two TNTs are clearly being thrown, but it only expends a single unit from your ammo. This doesn't happen when directly wielding the TNT (switching to weapon 5) and you throw both simultaneously.

When using the Matriarch Stratocaster, if you queue up shots in the right-hand gun and fire them, you will be unable to switch weapons or quick toss TNT until you fire at least one shot from the left-hand gun.
First thing's not a glitch per-se; Gunzerk gives you a free extra TNT toss. I just didn't bother with Gunslinger differing on that. But now that you say it... I guess I can change that.

The latter however - it seems that Matriarch bug is caused by something I commented out. It probably means I did it for another reason I don't remember now. Guess I'll put it back in and pay attention to whatever else breaks.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”