GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
boris

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by boris »

Revision 3053 adds support for the ForceWorldPanning MAPINFO option. That kind of opened a can of worms though, since it also required changes to the auto align feature. I think I got everything right, but if you notice anything just open an issue (or post here, though using the issues is prefered).
Nash

Post by Nash »

@boris: Thank you! I was indeed hoping that one would get addressed. :) Will get to testing it, if I find something broken, I'll post an issue.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

I opened a new issue about using Ctrl+F9 to test the game at the mouse cursor when hub maps with more than one player 1 start are concerned - the game always starts at the player 1 start with an arg0 of 0.
Mysterious Haruko

Post by Mysterious Haruko »

Seems recent update log came out with blank window, not sure what caused this. Other person had the same issue too:

boris

Post by boris »

Jimmy wrote:I opened a new issue about using Ctrl+F9 to test the game at the mouse cursor when hub maps with more than one player 1 start are concerned - the game always starts at the player 1 start with an arg0 of 0.
This functionality simply looks for the player start with the highest index, ignoring the args. As a workaround you can set arg0 of the player start with the highest index to 0.
Mysterious Haruko wrote:Seems recent update log came out with blank window, not sure what caused this. Other person had the same issue too:

I didn't upload a the Changelog.xml (fixed now), I guess that was the problem.
SuaveSteve

Post by SuaveSteve »

Would something like Bountysource, Liberapay, or Open Collective help to keep development going?
axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by axredneck »

How to install and run GZDB-Bugfix on Linux (in Russian): http://i.iddqd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=1651
Feel free to translate it to English and other languages if You know Russian.
boris

Post by boris »

Been working on improving the texture browser speed. The first iteration is already in (in R3059).

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Just tried it with a very big texture set: much faster, big improvement. Thanks. :D
whirledtsar

Post by whirledtsar »

Am I crazy or did GZDB-BF used to sort textures by folder? IE if I had a pk3 with the structure textures\subfolder, the subfolder would be displayed and openable/closable in the texture browser. Now all the textures are together regardless of subfolder.

Edit: nevermind, I'm dumb and somehow missed the button to do this. Thanks for improving performance btw, it does load faster.
Last edited by whirledtsar on Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Oh, improvements. Thx boris

Could I make a request to increase the distance of the 3D viewer slider to 20000.
I have a couple of largish maps and I have to go and set the distance from a Notepad++.

I know, it will slow down moving across the map, but it is worth it to be able to see as much as possible.
boris

Post by boris »

Kappes Buur wrote:Could I make a request to increase the distance of the 3D viewer slider to 20000.
Why 20000? Seems as much an arbitrary number as the current 9000. If anything, it should be completely customizable.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

boris wrote:Why 20000? Seems as much an arbitrary number as the current 9000.
I selected a value of 20000 because of the dimensions of my map.
Spoiler:
The diagonal would be close to 23000, but a view distance of that extra 3000 does impact the move speed a bit too much on my computer. At 20000 the move speed is slow but managable.

boris wrote:If anything, it should be completely customizable.
I won't be using that high a value all the time, it depends on what map is loaded into the editor, and being able to set it anywhere up to 20000, from F5, would be enormously helpful.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Darkcrafter »

What's about a feature that would allow working in things mode by only seeing a type of thing say like grass, trees, rocks, monsters, occlussion (I made several occlussion actors in decorate to spread them around my 3d models surface so they become kind of solid). So called "Masked things mode", you choose what kind of things you need or a range, like : 9081, 2500, 1200 and it only shows them. Imagine what hell it becomes to edit maps with lots of decorative stuff like described above. That feature would be absolute beast to me :)

I don't know why, but new versions mess up my maps singlesided linedefs. All the previous versions of GZDoom Builder BugFix don't. What could go wrong?
Attachments
ColissionActors.jpg
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Darkcrafter wrote: I don't know why, but new versions mess up my maps singlesided linedefs. All the previous versions of GZDoom Builder BugFix don't.

What could be wrong?
If you could upload an example pwad featuring the problem,
then, maybe, someone could find a solution.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”