Some sounds are played always at full volume

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

Some sounds are played always at full volume

Postby drfrag » Tue May 28, 2019 12:56 pm

After the level intermission the weapon select (inventory pickup?) sound is played at full volume, ingame sound volume settings are ignored even the master slider. I mean that sound is played at current system volume (and also it's cut off). Doesn't happen in vanilla but with a fixed BD v20's shotgun and many other mods i guess. AFAIR it's an ancient ZDoom bug but i hadn't almost noticed it until now. After the accident besides tinnitus a suffer hypersensibility and sound volume control doesn't work on my new laptop (it's a cheap mono speaker) so i can't play unless i mute the sound after every level. To reproduce it changemap doesn't work you need to use the real level exit with the shotgun selected. :?
https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/ ... cy-edition (you only need brutalv20b.pk3)
Edit: for some reason you need to load a pwad, this time i was playing eviternity.
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... eviternity

Code: Select allExpand view
Inventory.PickupSound "weapons/sgpump"
Ready:
TNT1 A 4 A_PlaySound("weapons/sgpump")

Code: Select allExpand view
weapons/sgpump STGNPUMP
drfrag
I.R developer, I.R smart
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: Some sounds are played always at full volume

Postby drfrag » Wed May 29, 2019 6:38 am

After a bit of investigation for some reason you need to load a pwad, i was playing eviternity this time (updated the OP). It was not the pickup sound but the "Ready" one. After the intermission the cock sound is cut in two and the first part is played at full volume. So it was not that easy to pull this off.
Edit: sometimes the sound is not cut in two but it's still played at full volume. Ouch!
drfrag
I.R developer, I.R smart
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Return to Bugs