Are there any visual improvements for KDiZD?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Dynamite Dan

Are there any visual improvements for KDiZD?

Post by Dynamite Dan »

I'm a bit confused and some tests that did not give me good results.

Is it possible to play this megawad with some gameplay mod? (BD or PB).
With which?
Thank you!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

Post by wildweasel »

Dynamite Dan wrote:I'm a bit confused and some tests that did not give me good results.

Is it possible to play this megawad with some gameplay mod? (BD or PB).
With which?
Thank you!
KDIZD changes the weapons, so most gameplay mods will break things.
Dynamite Dan

Post by Dynamite Dan »

OKAY. It's good to know that.
Could you recommend some that at least visually improve it? (Lighting, shadows, explosions)

Thanks!
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

No, but I could recommend that you stop bumping old threads.
Dynamite Dan

Post by Dynamite Dan »

Shadelight wrote:No, but I could recommend that you stop bumping old threads.
Would you prefer? Create a new one to ask a single question or send me to ask in Doomworld?

Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Create a new one would be best. When you bump old project threads, people tend to assume the it may have been updated when in fact it was just a post that was: Barely related, asked a question that's already been answered and could be found via searching, a post asking "When will this mod come out?"(See: The useless bumps thread in Hall of Unpleasantness.)
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Dynamite Dan wrote:Create a new one to ask a single question or send me to ask in Doomworld?
When you join a new community the onus is on you to conform at least somewhat to their rules and standards - not the other way around. The latter simply results in said community removing you for not being a good fit - after all, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

I don't know exactly how Doomworld feels about issues like this (bumping threads) but it's something that's actually usually universally frowned upon across the entire internet. However, if you feel like Doomworld is a better fit for you, let me make the invitation myself for you to go there. I don't want you to feel like you have any obligation to stay here, and I certainly am not going to take any ultimatum that you would leave us for them - I will call your bluff in half a minute, and might even help you go.

That being said - we have a rules forum and I encourage you to take a look when you get a chance. At any rate, welcome to the ZDoom forums!
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

wildweasel wrote:KDIZD changes the weapons, so most gameplay mods will break things.
actually, KDiZD just replaces the plasma rifle and BFG with different weapons, which will get replaced over by whatever gameplay mod you're using that replaces those particular weapons; same goes for the new rifle type of ammo as well. the only thing i found that broke were the new keys that DRLA replaces the existing keys with, which doesn't work on any of the doors or switches except in Z1M9. that, and the CREDITS map crashed the latest stable GZDoom for me since it said it couldn't open it.
youda008

Re: Are there any visual improvements for KDiZD?

Post by youda008 »

Can someone possible strip the KDiZD from all weapon modifications so that the maps are playable with other mods?
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

youda008 wrote:Can someone possible strip the KDiZD from all weapon modifications so that the maps are playable with other mods?
https://www.moddb.com/addons/knee-deep-in-zdoom-lite

Do note that the creator forgot to include Doom 2's SSG sprites and sounds. So if you try to play it without a gameplay mod that provides its own, there won't be any super shotguns.

Also, iirc the final boss is broken, because the projectiles it's supposed to fire are also removed. Grab their decorate and sprites from the original KDiZD and put them into this version.
youda008

Post by youda008 »

Wow, i should have googled more. Thank you very much. Can't wait to play it.

Return to “General”