[Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

Postby Void Weaver » Sat May 25, 2019 8:56 pm

irontusk341 wrote:Are Diablo 3 sprites too incompatible to be used? i thought about adding like "corrupted angels, or something, or just use variants of sprites that i have"
Well, AFAIK Di 3 have model graphic base:
It's "2.5D", as in 3d models with fixed isometric angles, meant to reduce overall polygon count.
Diablo 3 is in 3D - it's just that your view is locked.
So work with Di 3 resources assume that it will be work with models and skins instead of sprites. That's first.
The second thing - I dunno tools that can work with Di 3 sources, but sure it are exist somewhere.
And finaly, IMHO it would be sux looking in Doom\Heretic\Hexen mods, even worth than sprites of Di 1,2 ones.

Btw, there are _D1_Succubus_Actor for request of one dude. 8-) Just evasive ranged enemy with a 50% chance to shoot seeker missile, and ability to goes enraged - faster shooting when wounded. Zandro incompatible, unless you "unpack" actions from anonymous functions at least.
Image Image
Void Weaver
Keeper of the Diablo bestiary storage Also amateur DECORATE-spaghetti weaver ಠ_ಠ

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

Postby irontusk341 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:54 am

always loved their death sound... makes me wonder where the devs in blizzard got that soundbite from lol
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Previous

Return to Resources