Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ZDL_800

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Post by ZDL_800 »

I would use ZDL and manually add the Hexen WAD, GZDoom, and finally the Brutal Hexen RPG mod.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/ZDL

Hope this helps.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Update here.

If anyone is interested we managed to implement a Mage and Cleric class into the RPG mod.

On the RPG mod the Fighter class has 3 characters with different weapons, but unfortunately the Mage and Cleric has only 1 character per class, we tried to replicate the config files from the Fighter but failed.

I have added the RPG items and upgrade elements to the Mage and Cleric so it does work.

Tried my best for over a week now debugging as much a possible but adding 3 characters to each class is proving more difficult then what we expected, such a shame as this mod is brilliant.
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

ZDL_800 wrote:Update here.

If anyone is interested we managed to implement a Mage and Cleric class into the RPG mod.

On the RPG mod the Fighter class has 3 characters with different weapons, but unfortunately the Mage and Cleric has only 1 character per class, we tried to replicate the config files from the Fighter but failed.

I have added the RPG items and upgrade elements to the Mage and Cleric so it does work.

Tried my best for over a week now debugging as much a possible but adding 3 characters to each class is proving more difficult then what we expected, such a shame as this mod is brilliant.
Any Chance I could get a copy of this? the 3 fighter classes sound cool. I always preferred the fighter.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

We was hoping to try and get people on board with helping update the mod, there is a slight issue, the Mage has no torch.

Are you any good with modding GZDoom applications may I ask?

Thanks.
thedeathrunner123

not good with Slade or even with modifying pk3 files. sorry :oops:
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Ok let us fix this torch issue and I'll upload the mod, was going to put another 2 classes borrowed from the Wrath mod.
thedeathrunner123

thanks, sorry for my lack of knowledge :\, I'm more of a player than a modder...
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Technically both wrath of cronos and Brutal Hexen can work together, the only problem is, at the current moment, with diablo 3D, only non class effects/lighting/decals can be compatible if you know what to eliminate on Decorate conflicts.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Thanks for the replies.

I believe the Wrath of Cronos mod is best on your Diablo 3D mod, the RPG elements are brilliant already In Hexen, plus now we have 2 different types of RPG,

Wrath of Cronos - Diablo 3D
Brutal RPG - Hexen

I did already try the Wrath of Cronos mod on Hexen and it didn't spawn environment units and there isn't as many Ai on screen.

Regarding the update for Brutal RPG Hexen, looks like the Cleric is bugged, so basically we was going to import the Fighter, Mage and Necromancer as classes. I'm not sure how to implement the weapons from Wrath of Cronos for the Necromancer into the RPG mod? Would we have to import the weapons into the maps?

If all else fails I believe just having the Fighter class with 3 characters and the Mage class would still be amazing.

Thanks again.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

ZDL_800 wrote:Update here.

Sweet! When (or where) we can try it out?
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello.

It seems everyone is busy on other projects so I have a test version but there isn't any torch item allocated to the Mage so I'm not happy with uploading the test mod right now.

I'll try my best to fix the issue, but its good we have a Mage with the RPG elements allocated, that's a big step.

We also have Hexen and the DLC combined into one mega WAD so you can start the RPG mod from map1 to map 60. Its going to be EPIC!

The textures on the RPG mod need upscaling to match the new Ai upscaled texture pack, I did request for this to be updated but I'm not sure the creator of the mod were too happy me requesting such work be done. I had to at least ask, the art work is outstanding.

Thanks again.
MaxRideWizardLord

ZDL_800 wrote:Hello.

It seems everyone is busy on other projects so I have a test version but there isn't any torch item allocated to the Mage so I'm not happy with uploading the test mod right now.

I'll try my best to fix the issue, but its good we have a Mage with the RPG elements allocated, that's a big step.

We also have Hexen and the DLC combined into one mega WAD so you can start the RPG mod from map1 to map 60. Its going to be EPIC!

The textures on the RPG mod need upscaling to match the new Ai upscaled texture pack, I did request for this to be updated but I'm not sure the creator of the mod were too happy me requesting such work be done. I had to at least ask, the art work is outstanding.

Thanks again.
Do you have discord? I'd like to try to create my own version of Mage, at least one-few weapons, but I'm still completely new so I'd need some help.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello.

Ok so the Fighter class has 3 characters allocated, what we need to do is somehow clone the parameters so that we can have 3 Mage characters.

But I'm sure you would then need to import the new Mage weapons into the maps, that I do not know.

I think creating another Mage will be extremely difficult unless you know this engine? May I ask how good at you at modding GZDoom engine applications?

Thanks again.
MaxRideWizardLord

ZDL_800 wrote:Hello.

Ok so the Fighter class has 3 characters allocated, what we need to do is somehow clone the parameters so that we can have 3 Mage characters.

But I'm sure you would then need to import the new Mage weapons into the maps, that I do not know.

I think creating another Mage will be extremely difficult unless you know this engine? May I ask how good at you at modding GZDoom engine applications?

Thanks again.
Umm... very, very beginning level, and I basically can clone a few things after help of some folks if I unintentionally annoy a few of them. Although, most of what I want to do isn't something very unique and original, either. :P Neither lack of free time help that much in that regard. Before I anger some mods for whatever reason, I wish to know if I could contact you in real-time chat or group if you have some discord where we can talk.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello.

I'm not exactly an expert on the GZDoom engine, but if we could annoy a few professionals I believe it would be worth it, we need experts right now.

Sorry I don't have any Discord but you can PM us and I will respond ASAP.

If we can work together then we can fix this.

Thanks again.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”