The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
KeksDose

Re: The Guncaster - 3.2

Post by KeksDose »

That's the thing. It's easy to add spells to the shop, but making a spell is really difficult. You have to edit the base weapon, the Draugh and the Wyvern in the base mod. For example, we can't make new spells in the addon, but we can make new weapons.

Everything else is handled: Showing up in the shop, in the quick select ring and in the cycle, and on the hud.
The_Notorious_KEK

Post by The_Notorious_KEK »

keep on getting this error

GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningstrat.txt, line 1: Class StratParticleMourning has unknown base class StratParticle
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningstrat.txt, line 11: Class MourningStratGiver has unknown base class StratBringer
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningstrat.txt, line 37: Class MourningStrat has unknown base class StratItem
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningweapon.txt, line 15: Class MourningGlory has unknown base class GuncasterWeapon
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorstrat.txt, line 1: Class StratParticleEmperor has unknown base class StratParticle
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorstrat.txt, line 11: Class EmperorStratGiver has unknown base class StratBringer
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorstrat.txt, line 37: Class EmperorStrat has unknown base class StratItem
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorweapon.txt, line 51: Class GoldenEmperor has unknown base class GuncasterWeapon
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/compat/draugh.txt, line 1: Class DraughEmperorCooldown has unknown base class DraughToken
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/compat/draugh.txt, line 2: Class DraughMourningCooldown has unknown base class DraughToken
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/compat/draugh.txt, line 4: Class AddonDraugh has unknown base class Draugh
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/compat/draugh.txt, line 102: Class EmperorCooldown has unknown base class DraughCooldown
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/compat/draugh.txt, line 119: Class MourningCooldown has unknown base class DraughCooldown
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript.txt, line 128: Unable to resolve Gcs_BaseShopPack as type.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript.txt, line 128: Unable to resolve Gcs_BaseShopPack as type.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript.txt, line 127: Unable to resolve all fields for class Gcs_AddonShop
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningstrat.txt, line 11: MourningStratGiver: Non-actor classes may not have defaults
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningstrat.txt, line 37: MourningStrat: Non-actor classes may not have defaults
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningweapon.txt, line 15: MourningGlory: Non-actor classes may not have defaults
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorstrat.txt, line 11: EmperorStratGiver: Non-actor classes may not have defaults
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorstrat.txt, line 37: EmperorStrat: Non-actor classes may not have defaults
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorweapon.txt, line 51: GoldenEmperor: Non-actor classes may not have defaults
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/compat/draugh.txt, line 4: AddonDraugh: Non-actor classes may not have defaults
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/compat/spawners.txt, line 1: Replaced type 'MaceSpawner2' not found for MaceSpawner3
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningweapon.txt, line 2: MourningGlory2: Non-actor classes may not have defaults
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript.txt, line 142: Unable to resolve Gcs_ShopList as type.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript.txt, line 224: Unable to resolve Guncaster as type.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningweapon.txt, line 37: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function PostBeginPlay
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorweapon.txt, line 78: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function PostBeginPlay
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorweapon.txt, line 89: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function AttachToOwner
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorweapon.txt, line 98: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function DoEffect
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningstrat.txt, line 1: StratParticleMourning: States can only be defined for actors.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningstrat.txt, line 11: MourningStratGiver: States can only be defined for actors.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningstrat.txt, line 37: MourningStrat: States can only be defined for actors.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/mourningglory/mourningweapon.txt, line 15: MourningGlory: States can only be defined for actors.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorstrat.txt, line 1: StratParticleEmperor: States can only be defined for actors.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorstrat.txt, line 11: EmperorStratGiver: States can only be defined for actors.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorstrat.txt, line 37: EmperorStrat: States can only be defined for actors.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/goldenemperor/emperorweapon.txt, line 51: GoldenEmperor: States can only be defined for actors.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/compat/draugh.txt, line 4: AddonDraugh: States can only be defined for actors.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/compat/draugh.txt, line 102: EmperorCooldown: States can only be defined for actors.
GC_Addon.pk3:zscript/compat/draugh.txt, line 119: MourningCooldown: States can only be defined for actors.

Execution could not continue.

41 errors, 1 warnings while compiling GC_Addon.pk3:zscript.txt
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

load the addon after the main file.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Is it possible to have the "freeze" command happen when activating the buy menu? While playing I always find myself using it when I buy shit.
affandede

Post by affandede »

One of the many uses of ironblast spirit I found is having your back when you are shopping.
Tetsuryu

Post by Tetsuryu »

Considering Nithor has special lines if you die while the shop is open, I think this behaviour is intentional.

By the way, I did encounter a rather interesting bug; in some maps, such as Plutonia's Caughtyard (map07), killing a specific Baron of Hell causes the level to end.

I just found the same thing happening with Scythe II's map07 as well, although I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly which monster triggers this.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Bug: There is an error massage when I try to open up the shop.

Suggestion: Have the weapon, item, and spell wheels freeze
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

I have a suggestion. Can the Tome of Mana Shield be made to stay active from level to level like other items do?
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

FlyingPotato wrote:I have a suggestion. Can the Tome of Mana Shield be made to stay active from level to level like other items do?
Rowsol suggested that a while back; had cost me a bit of a headache, but I did manage to add that.

Also friendly reminder regarding rumors: DoomKrakken is not part of the official team. I knew this would become a problem so lemme stress this again - please listen to me, KeksDose, or Zhs2, if you wanna save yourself embarassment or false hopes. Especially if you tend to use sock accounts for the sole purpose of expressing your distaste with the mod's changes, it won't make me change my mind. Quite contrarily - it'll make me lose last bit of good faith towards you.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

A shame that Dinosaur_Nerd isn't a part of your crew, since he's done quite the work with Guncaster.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

PillowBlaster wrote:
FlyingPotato wrote:I have a suggestion. Can the Tome of Mana Shield be made to stay active from level to level like other items do?
Rowsol suggested that a while back; had cost me a bit of a headache, but I did manage to add that.
If you're curious I enabled this in the only way I knew how

Code: Select all

See: //player's see state
		"####" A 0 {
			if(!CountInv("PowerManaShield") && CountInv("ManaShieldTome")) { UseInventory(FindInventory("ManaShieldTome")); }
			if(!CountInv("MidasRecharger") && CountInv("PhilosophersTome")) { UseInventory(FindInventory("PhilosophersTome")); }
			if(!CountInv("StridersLanternActive") && CountInv("StridersLantern")) { UseInventory(FindInventory("StridersLantern")); }
		}
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Bobby wrote:Bug: There is an error massage when I try to open up the shop.
Tell us what it says.
Tetsuryu wrote:Considering Nithor has special lines if you die while the shop is open, I think this behaviour is intentional.
Aye! We don't freeze the shop cuz it wouldn't be funny. We also cannot freeze the level. You'd be able to camp out crushers, lifts, acs, etc. while monsters are frozen.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

KeksDose wrote:Aye! We don't freeze the shop cuz it wouldn't be funny. We also cannot freeze the level. You'd be able to camp out crushers, lifts, acs, etc. while monsters are frozen.
IIRC that is an engine limitation. Would be funny if Nithor had an option to resurrect you tho. "Click here to suck less." "You don't have to die with regrets. *nudge nudge wink wink*"
For a hefty sum of dergenbucks, naturally.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Tetsuryu wrote:Considering Nithor has special lines if you die while the shop is open, I think this behaviour is intentional.
Aye! We don't freeze the shop cuz it wouldn't be funny. We also cannot freeze the level. You'd be able to camp out crushers, lifts, acs, etc. while monsters are frozen.[/quote]

Nevermind I was using an outaded version of gzdoom (4.1.0)
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

AvzinElkein wrote:A shame that Dinosaur_Nerd isn't a part of your crew, since he's done quite the work with Guncaster.
He's a cool guy, but he has his own vision of Guncaster. And, well, let's say his code is not quite... robust... even if he is learning a lot by working on his own vision of Guncaster.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”