[WIP] [BETA RELEASED] Baphomet Virus Chapter 1: Lockdown

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZealknightMR

[WIP] [BETA RELEASED] Baphomet Virus Chapter 1: Lockdown

Post by ZealknightMR »

EDIT: Beta is now available.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ihIJ0 ... _OJoVdBccF

EDIT: Youtube video of my work in progress have been added

EDIT: Updates: More screenshots have been added.

This is technically my first map. I say that since I have made a few maps a few years ago, but I have decided to not show them public for a few reasons.

1. I was not satisfied with the design of my maps when I first started them,
2. I was constantly running into roadblocks with my old map, which was stopping me from progressing properly.
3. I was testing out new features of the Zdoom engine and went overboard with some details that made the maps look way to inconsistent.

This year, I wanted to give map making another shot, so I decided to wipe the slate clean and start over. I still have a long way to go to finish this. I estimate that I am about halfway there with my map. It's a big map after all.

A short description of my map.

As the name suggests, the story is about a demonic computer virus, known as the Baphomet Virus, that is causing a massive power surge to one of UAC's tech buildings located on earth. Not only did UAC lost its main power supply, it has also sabotaged its teleporting and networking systems allowing the forces of hell itself to invade UAC's property, and earth itself if these demons are not stopped.

You, the player, must find a way to override the virus, restore power to the plant, and kill any monsters lurking withing the building.

F.A.Q.

Q: What sourceport is required to run this map?

A: Zdoom 2.8.1 is being used to test my progress. I would not recommend using any earlier version. I am also planning to test the
map with GZDoom down the line. I am uncertain about non-zdoom sourceports being compatible with my map. Vanilla is not supported due to the map using zdoom features. More info will be posted later.

Q: What format is this map made on?

A: This map is using UDMF.

Q: Are there custom textures and monsters?

A: I am using both custom textures and monsters from Realm667. I am being careful on adding new monsters in making sure that they are not overpowering and feeling out of place within its surroundings. more info will be posted later.

Q: Is crouching and jumping allowed?

A: It is allowed but it will not be required to complete the map. I am trying to make sure that the map is possible to complete without relying on jumping and crouching. some areas will be easier with jumping and crouching allowed.

Resources used:

Textures.
UDET.wad (Credits: Enjay, Nightmare, Malinku, Earthquake)
Psytex.wad (Credits: Psyren)
Litextra.wad (Credits: FuzzballFox)
NB_Flats.wad (Credits: Nick Baker)
NB_RECOL.wad (Credits: Nick Baker)
DoomPoutorri.wad (Credits: FuzzballFox, Enjay, EarthQuake, CaptainToenail, MartinHowe)

Monsters.

SMG Zombie
(Credits:Submitted: Woolie Wool
Code: Woolie Wool, Ghastly (ZScript conversion)
GLDefs: Woolie Wool
Sounds: Rogue Entertainment
Sprites: Id Software
Sprite Edit: Xim, Woolie Wool, Toke
Idea Base: Mutiny PDW Marine)

Former Scientist Pack
(Credits
Submitted: scalliano
Code: scalliano, Ghastly (ZScript conversion)
Sounds: Id Software, DavidRaven, Konami, Valve
Sprites: Id Software (Zombieman), Xim (Jawless Zombie Head), JoeyTD (Player 6, 7 & 8 frames), The Skulltag Team (Illucia, Player II), DavidRaven (Female Zombie), Marty Kirra (Alt Female Zombie)
Sprite Edit: scalliano
Idea Base: The UAC's apparent lack of staff)

Plasma Zombie
Submitted: Tormentor667
Code: Bouncy, Ghastly Dragon (ZScript conversion)
GLDefs: Dreadopp
Sounds: Id Software
Sprites: Id Software
Sprite Edit: Tormentor667, Captain Toenail, Ghastly Dragon

Light Sources

Floor and Ceiling Lanterns
Submitted: Jimmy
Decorate: Jimmy
GLDefs: Jimmy
Sprites: id Software
Sprite Edit: Jimmy
Idea Base: The small floor lamps found in Mapgame

props

food
Submitted: DavidRaven
Decorate: DavidRaven
GLDefs: none
Sprites: 3DRealms

Screenshots are posted below. More will be posted in the future. I will also add a video footage of my progress later.

Link to the album below:
https://imgur.com/a/Qg4OL7S

Last edited by ZealknightMR on Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dr. Shotgun

Re: [WIP] Baphomet Virus Chapter 1: Lockdown

Post by Dr. Shotgun »

ZealknightMR wrote:Q: What sourceport is required to run this map?

A: Zdoom 2.8.1
You have my attention. I'll definitely keep a watch on this one.
ZealknightMR

Re: [WIP] Baphomet Virus Chapter 1: Lockdown [Update: 5/19/2

Post by ZealknightMR »

Here's a progress of what the map looks like so far.

You might notice that there's a few rooms not connected to the map itself. The one on the very far left is the starting room. The teleporter there will take you to the main room. The room on the bottom that is cut out a bit from viewing was a parking garage I was making. I plan on remaking that to give it some glass windows to see outside. I'm also planning to simplifying it to one floor level. The last small room northwest is simply there for testing purposes.

I also have some more screenshots to share

https://imgur.com/a/zxF1LUN
ZealknightMR

Re: [WIP] Baphomet Virus Chapter 1: Lockdown [Update: 5/19/2

Post by ZealknightMR »

I apologize for the radio silence in the past few weeks. I was aiming to post an update last week, but I've been quite busy in the past months. I'm aiming to post a playable beta of my map soon. Perhaps next month if not this month. I have posted a youtube video of my work in progress. Some areas you see are incomplete and will require further work. I have also shown a couple of secrets found in my play through, but I didn't show all of them in order avoid spoiling the secrets. There will be alot of secrets in the map.

Please let me know if the video link doesn't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glrFd83FVqY
ZealknightMR

Re: [WIP] Baphomet Virus Chapter 1: Lockdown [Update: 6/9/20

Post by ZealknightMR »

I have finally managed to set up a playable version of my map. Please keep in mind that this is not complete. There are many rooms I need to add for the map itself, but there is enough content for you to play and share feedback with. The red key you find will not be placed there in the final version. That is placed there to give you a way to exit the map.

Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ihIJ0 ... _OJoVdBccF
EddieMann

Re: [WIP] [BETA RELEASED] Baphomet Virus Chapter 1: Lockdown

Post by EddieMann »

You should definitely maintain a sense of tense unease and an air of suspense to it - think the opening part of dead.air, or even Aliens to an extent - try to keep the player subtly clued in to something bigger going on behind the scenes.

Return to “Levels”