Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
himmelreich

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Works with 3.7.2 :D

Post by himmelreich »

Vostyok wrote:Happy you liked it. To be honest, quite a few people have found the harder difficulties not quite challenging enough, so I'll be reworking how they affect gameplay. It's not going to be completely unfair or cheap, just a bit more unforgiving of mistakes. The expanded bestiary should also give me more options for challenging, dynamic encounters.
Well, it could be more challenging. A little bit. Maybe little bit more (or stronger) monsters, little bit less ammo. But overall it seems fine and balanced. Except that when I arrive at Michone Circle, I have $1200 worth of scrap, and ammo issue is not an issue anymore after that. :D

Maybe I should try 4th time without as much quicksaves as I do usually... Yeah, I should definitely try. :twisted:
PRIMEVAL

Re: Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Works with 3.7.2 :D

Post by PRIMEVAL »

And with only the crowbar.
Gez

Post by Gez »

I'm finally playing through this. It's really excellent so far, don't have much to say that hasn't been said already. A few minor problems I've noticed so far:

I found a little texture problem on MAP04:

MAP05:
the dummy sectors that serve to create machinery sounds have the same tag as one of the secret doors (tag 12). So if the machinery is activated before backtracking and finding the secret, the door cannot be opened. And inversely, if you open it, activate the machinery, and then go back to the secret, you'll see the secret door in question behaving like a fast crusher.
Speaking of backtracking: when going through the vents to bypass a locked door, it's not possible to go back. And the locked door in question cannot be opened from the other side. That's probably why script 11 is glitchy. It rotates the door with an angle of 0, so it does a full circle and stops back at the original position. But the door that you can open (29) with the same keys have non-unpegged doortracks.

MAP06: the doors to the room you start in are trying to run a script that doesn't seem to exist. I suppose it's just the script that says "Locked", though.
The bookie for the Jojo-vs.-Glowtoof fight needs a way to reset his dialogue because if you say you just want to watch, nothing happens and you can't change your mind and bet.

Grammar pet peeve in the end text: "it's" used instead of "its" ("it's treasures" and "it's own lofty heights").
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Hmm, you seem to be using an old version, Gez. A lot of those issues were fixed. That spooky rotating door (which was an intentional joke, since you aren't supposed to open it), an impassable vent, were intended to prevent travel to the beginning of the map. I've since retconned this issue by fitting a handy crate in front of said vent, whilst the door has been replaced by a more obviously permanent cave in. You can now return to the beginning of the level, at least until you make a choice as to which exit you are taking. Both features should be present in the newest version uploaded. Ditto with the savage guillotine door in the secret area. If this is not the case please tell me.

Also the Jojo-Glowtoof trader should have more dialogue, I just didn't have the time... at the time. I'm fixing this for a future release.

I also noticed at least one BUMP in this thread. Although they were deleted by forum patrols, rest assured this thread is not is not, in fact, dead. It will be soon, but there will be a good reason for that, as will be revealed (someday....)
TheRailgunner

Re: Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Goodies and 1.15 update packs

Post by TheRailgunner »

Vostyok wrote:
RSSwizard wrote:Just Beat ashes last night and I wanna say DAMN that was fun. I was worried I was going to have to drag that motorcycle everywhere.
Underground Tunnels were EPIC KINO (I wanna replay it now)
Radiated City jumping between ledges was EPIC KINO
Glad you enjoyed it. I'll respond to your ideas in the following spoiler:
Spoiler:
Either way, thank you for the feedback. It was very helpful. :D

XLightningStormL wrote: Finally decided to get the patch, and FAL.

Battle Rifle is good stuff, obviously it need's to be balanced more, for it's performance (perfect btw), and the fact that the Machine Pistol is a thing, would be wise to give it a pretty smallish ammo cap, a-la HL2 (20 mag + 60-120 in reserve at most)
Yes, the battle rifle was a very cool weapon. I also thought it could have benefitted from a 20 round mag, as is realistic, but this is more TheRailgunner's patch so, I didn't want to touch it. Besides, it has given me some good ideas for the Military Rifle you'll be finding in episode 2. The two weapons will be quite different in their use and advantages, especially when it comes to upgrades or attachments. Of course, I'll keep it so that the battle rifle can still be added in if you want to keep that baby for the next adventure.
When I get back into it, I'll throw in the 20-round mag and maybe 5 less points of damage per-shot as to not totally ruin the (im)balance. That said, now I'm all hyped for the Military Rifle.

Also, should you feel the urge to mess with my mod (of your mod), feel free to do so - I'm a sign, not a cop.
camper

Post by camper »

I tested to go through the Ashes 2063 TC maps (Ashes2063Maps.wad) with weapons from the gdungeon2 (gd2v0.8a.pk3, https://i.iddqd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=1003), whith iwad Freedoom. It turned out pretty fun.
Unfortunately Ashes: Dead Man Walking does not work.
camper

Post by camper »

Can do play the "Ashes: Dead Man Walking" if run these files together: -file gd2v0.8a.pk3 Ashes2063Maps115.wad CJs_WastedAshesSFXsmod.pk3 AshesMonstas.pk3 RJAshesDMW.pk3. It passes, but at the limit in some places. A bit of speed of the player is not enough, it is necessary to clamp the keys forward + sideways.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Personally I spent ten minutes making an all-in-one pk3 with proper packaging.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Or... Just load the mods and addons in proper order! It's gonna be much more fuctional and researching the right order won't take ten minutes.
Pachira

Post by Pachira »

First I want to say, I love this mod. Probably even my favorite TC for Doom. I am very excited to see more of it.

Secondly, I have a question. How are you supposed to get to the
Spoiler:
secret in Temple of the Dollar?
Can't seem to figure out how to get into the vent without noclipping (unless you aren't supposed to get it) :v

Keep up the good work!
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Yeah, that vent was quite a tease. Some people get impatient, and use the master blaster to "rocket jump" into the vent. Otherwise, to get it legit so to speak:
Spoiler:
But yes, so glad you liked it.

I really need to think about going over episode one again and uh... "Remastering" it. Some of it is very clunky.
MFG38
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by MFG38 »

Really cool, this one is - played through the first 2 levels and found almost nothing to complain about. I say "almost" because the motorbike controls feel a tiny bit awkward, but I'm sure I'll get used to them with enough time.
Thankyou

Post by Thankyou »

Made an account just to say great job. Thanks a lot for this, can't wait for more.
SLON
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SLON »

What I wanted to ask... Will there be any early content reused? Or does it no longer meet current quality standards? Those mutants with sawn-offs were pretty pain in the ass.
The Glock pistol will probably have less of a place in the next episode, and I have been thinking of omitting it entirely, since it doesn't really have much to make it stand out.
I would not say that Glock is useless. You get the MAC only through the half-way, and the Glock appearing almost immediately, has only half of its capacity and a lower rate of fire.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

The fat mutants are getting a resprite and will be making a reappearance, although you might not have seen them in the alpha release. As for the others guys, I've been thinking of doing something with them, but not right now.

And again, this was brought up more in the discord, but I've decided to keep the Glock in the mod. It's had a bit of a facelift, and it's upgrade will help it fill it's niche even better, if you want to spend the caps to fix it up.

As an aside, I've been travelling again but rest assured, progress has continued. I'll hopefully be posting a full status report when I get back home (and get my decent WiFi back). Laters

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”