The Ultimate Torment & Torture: Supportive Edition

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Beezle

Re: The Ultimate Torment & Torture: Supportive Edition

Post by Beezle »

Hipnotic Rogue wrote:Sorry for the bump but TUTNT crashes on GZDoom 4.1.1 for me.

It loads up fine and the menu appears okay. Once I start a game it goes to windowed mode (I play fullscreen), the screen goes black and then, eventually, I get the obligatory Windows "Not Responding" message. I have to close the program using Task Manager.

I've tried the Supportive Edition and the 'official' 1.0.8 build of the mod. I've tried the both Vulkan and OGL renderers. I'm on Windows 10 Pro with a GTX 1080 ti. Everything is up to date.

Any suggestions?
The Supportive Edition and UTNT v 1.08 work just fine on GZDoom 4.1.1 for me, however the Take II version by DBT was made for a specific Dev Build, and since there's a new Dev Build almost daily, its no longer available and won't work on any other version of GZDoom that I'm aware of. But it DOES work with Zandronum 3.0 :D
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Hipnotic Rogue wrote:Sorry for the bump but TUTNT crashes on GZDoom 4.1.1 for me.

It loads up fine and the menu appears okay. Once I start a game it goes to windowed mode (I play fullscreen), the screen goes black and then, eventually, I get the obligatory Windows "Not Responding" message. I have to close the program using Task Manager.

I've tried the Supportive Edition and the 'official' 1.0.8 build of the mod. I've tried the both Vulkan and OGL renderers. I'm on Windows 10 Pro with a GTX 1080 ti. Everything is up to date.

Any suggestions?
Try with default settings, i.e. without .ini file. Does it hang with software renderer?
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

EDIT: Accidental double post
Last edited by Hipnotic Rogue on Tue May 14, 2019 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Thanks for replying. I deleted the .ini file and it loaded up fine. I put all the settings back to how I had it (bloom on et cetera) and it's still working. Not sure what happened but all's well now. :)
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

This is loads of fun. I've been running it in DoomRL with the Bestiary so far, and for the most part, it works great. Outside, however... well, since the weather spawners share IDs with some of the DoomRL items, imagine my surprise when I walked outside in the second map to find it littered with Shockwave Boots, even in the skybox. And free Enviro Boots at the end of the map, as they have the same ID as the snowflake spawners.

I'm not sure what there is to do about that, since it's really impossible to predict what IDs will not be used by a particular mod.
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

For Ultimate Treachery, I suggest playing this with a certain Brootal mod :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Other than that nightmare, there's not really much else I can say beyond "It does what it sets out to do" just look out for bad compatibilities and ID conflicts.

Return to “Levels”