The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
dpJudas

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by dpJudas »

RexS wrote:And it's like ... it's not our fault as a country if business expands and you allow them to set up shop? So I don't agree with him here. And then as a patriot, when the fans in Europe think it's just a general America bashing song, it pisses me off.
I think it is a bit too simplistic to see it as an America bashing song (although some people probably do, but then there will always be haters). I see the song more as a complaint that the world has gotten much more simple and boring in a way after everything was globalized. Basically you guys have the same things as we do over here, or in Asia for that matter - its just minor tweaks on things now. 100 years ago on the other hand almost no brand made it around the world.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

dpJudas wrote:
RexS wrote:And it's like ... it's not our fault as a country if business expands and you allow them to set up shop? So I don't agree with him here. And then as a patriot, when the fans in Europe think it's just a general America bashing song, it pisses me off.
I think it is a bit too simplistic to see it as an America bashing song (although some people probably do, but then there will always be haters). I see the song more as a complaint that the world has gotten much more simple and boring in a way after everything was globalized. Basically you guys have the same things as we do over here, or in Asia for that matter - its just minor tweaks on things now. 100 years ago on the other hand almost no brand made it around the world.
Yeah, that's how I look at it. lol
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Mega Sg debug menu abuse:
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Damn right, brother! lol

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

The REAL Hulkamania Hulk Hogan? Holy shit, Brother! If only Randy Savage was still alive, he would gladly reply to you as well.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Randy Savage is still alive, in Skyrim.
JadedLexi
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by JadedLexi »

When you die it just fades to black and you see the skyrim intro.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Darkcrafter »

Well, shit that happened to my deleted maps wads met a happy end - found all of my works on my sister's computer :roll: :oops:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

dd7ptwi-88f45b62-a4eb-4d46-a8e5-ac74ffb3c06c.png
dd7ptwi-88f45b62-a4eb-4d46-a8e5-ac74ffb3c06c.png (4.8 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Made my Very own Fan stuff for Memoirs of Magic.

I actually also made few reference drawings for Hoosegow guy. My brain is flooded with ideas right now but my body is still slow as heck!
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Darkcrafter wrote:Well, shit that happened to my deleted maps wads met a happy end - found all of my works on my sister's computer :roll: :oops:
So glad you were able to. When I was developing my 9 level set for Doom II "Purgatory", a file corruption from Slumped ruined 3 years of work in an instant. My closest backup was months behind in work. After avoiding it for a few weeks, I finally got back to work on it. Also, I started using Slade and back up like 1000x EVERYTHING EVERY TIME lol.
Last edited by SouthernLion on Thu May 30, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Darkcrafter »

Yeah I learned the backup thing the hard way too. Btw I did before and was absolutely sure that my works were backuped but in fact they were not :)
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Oh my GOD. So, Arena Rammstein is some kind of concentrated awesome in a very pure form. They just played their first arena show ever on Monday. I love that they are playing classics like "Heirate mich" and "Sehnsucht" (one of my favorite songs ever). I love the part where they fake start "Mein Herz brennt" and he smiles at the audience like "Just kidding! I got you guys!!" @16:37 Flake FINALLY GETS HIS REVENGE ON TILL!!!!!! lol I've always loved their theatrics and sense of humor. Also, "Was ich liebe", "Zeig Dich", "Puppe", "Radio", and "Ausländer" are all awesome as fuck live. (Tracks from the new album.) I feel like 100% confirmed that "Radio" is partially a tribute to Kraftwerk, as the part at the end of the song is performed the exact same way Kraftwerk plays their songs live:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/3TQgwy2LmIQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Their performance of "Rammstein" at the end (the first song they ever wrote together as a band in 1993) is so fucking epic it gives me goosebumps.

Please, please, please let this tour continue in to the U.S. and hit my state close to me.
Spoiler:
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

last thing i did besides upload youtube stuff...... was clean out my car... my wife pestered me for weeks, and i finally got around to it... Hurray for procrastination..
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

irontusk341 wrote:Hurray for procrastination..
I want to procrastinate, but I don't think I'll get around to it until tomorrow.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

But hey, at least it's all done. I think? Anyway Procrastination, aka Lollygagging is not my type unless i've got nothing to do... Or i drew something quicker than i expected.

Return to “Off-Topic”