Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BeatCrazed

Re: Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

Post by BeatCrazed »

Hey strawberry, just finished the game as the gunslinger kid and had a lot of fun.

I've found one place where you can softlock the game: If you do the very definitely final dungeon (tower) until you're meant to go do the boss fight, but instead climb and go through the white door again, you'll be stuck without a way out.

Not that anybody should do that anyway, I just thought "I wonder if there's a secret here?" and also "I wonder if this will utterly shag the game?"

Thanks for making the game. Can't wait to find some people to coop it with.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

BeatCrazed wrote:Hey strawberry, just finished the game as the gunslinger kid and had a lot of fun.

I've found one place where you can softlock the game: If you do the very definitely final dungeon (tower) until you're meant to go do the boss fight, but instead climb and go through the white door again, you'll be stuck without a way out.

Not that anybody should do that anyway, I just thought "I wonder if there's a secret here?" and also "I wonder if this will utterly shag the game?"

That's intended; At that point you enter a point of no Return, at which point you are committed to finishing your quest!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Well, this is clearly looking like Cacoward material.
TheStrawberryOctopus

BeatCrazed wrote:Hey strawberry, just finished the game as the gunslinger kid and had a lot of fun.

Actually, I need to respond to this post again; It turns out you DID find a soft lock, which I have now fixed now. I will be releasing a quick fix patch with tweaks to the octopunk difficulty AND possibly some Linux support!
TheStrawberryOctopus

New big Update Patch for MoM!

Now the game runs in GZDoom 3.2.5 and uses an .ipk3 file, meaning it should be easier to set up for Mac and Linux systems!

Read the Dev Log for More Info!

https://strawberryoctii.itch.io/memoirs ... e-and-more
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hey there everyone, I wanted to say this will be the Last Big Quick Update for MoM; from this point forward, I will be focusing solely on my Next Project. That being said, if ANY major bugs crop up, they will be fixed immediately such as anything that makes the game uncompletable!

I want to thank you all who have been playing my game and supporting me over these last 2 weeks. My next project will be a non Doom related one, so I will probably move on from here over the next month.

That being said, you can find more info on the update here!

https://strawberryoctii.itch.io/memoirs ... ick-update
TheAdamantArchvile

Post by TheAdamantArchvile »

I'm enjoying the mod so far, but I've hit a bit of a wall. What's the code to the queen bee's cell in the temple? I tried Abracadabra and that only opened up a bonus room.
TheStrawberryOctopus

TheAdamantArchvile wrote:I'm enjoying the mod so far, but I've hit a bit of a wall. What's the code to the queen bee's cell in the temple? I tried Abracadabra and that only opened up a bonus room.
Spoiler:
TheAdamantArchvile

Post by TheAdamantArchvile »

Really? Well, I'm a ding dong for not getting that. Also, what do the rings in the shops do? I tried using the Gorgon one and it just tinted the screen.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i will say that the game looks good, but sadly it's laggy as fuck for me whenever i try to play it
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Funnily enough, This game ALSO lags my Computer so hard because its Spec is just not right for this kind of Game. However you may adjust the graphic settings to low. Very low. Might be uncomfortable, but also might be best.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Captain J wrote:Funnily enough, This game ALSO lags my Computer so hard because its Spec is just not right for this kind of Game. However you may adjust the graphic settings to low. Very low. Might be uncomfortable, but also might be best.
how does one do that with the mod?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

What kind of mod? Please don't tell me you're playing the game with other addons or mods for Doom. This Game is original and different than Doom!
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Captain J wrote:What kind of mod? Please don't tell me you're playing the game with other addons or mods for Doom. This Game is original and different than Doom!
ok ok. how does one do that with the game?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Go to the Options, and then Click Display Options. Go there and adjust all the stuff low as possible. It's easy really.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”