Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Post by Kinsie »

SiFi270 wrote:Would it be any easier to imitate vanilla Duke3D's questionable way of doing it, by reloading whenever the number of bullets reaches a multiple of 12 rather than checking if 12 shots have been fired?
Probably, but it'd require a deep-dive into fucked-up reverse-synthfire that was literally written in a drug-fuelled haze.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Ranger's nails seem to be blocked by 3D floors if fired below them. Rockets and other projectiles seem unaffected and behave normally.

Also, firing the thunderbolt obscures whatever you're aiming at due to a tremendous amount of particles.
MrJesseMoore

Post by MrJesseMoore »

Kinsie wrote:EDIT: I found a proper fix! But it requires the use of CountInv, which Zandro doesn't have. Sweet.
Could you share with me how you scripted this? I like using samsara with some tweaks to play doom maps with duke.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Was playing Compendium with Samsara, and the game started crawling to a total halt. Something with ACSThinker is eventually causing the game to grind to a total halt in some cases. Compendium, Realms of Chaos, with Duke. Happens on both the latest stable and latest dev build.

Unsure if there's a simple solution to this, but it renders it fairly unusable for me.
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

Alright I have been having an odd issue trying to join any server using this mod. During startup, zandronum encounters a fatal error, and states the following:
Execution could not continue.

Script error, "samsara-v0.3666-beta.pk3:cvarinfo.txt" line 69:
cvar 'samsara_cl_expparticles' already exists

Remove 'samsara_cl_expparticles' and all other conflicting cvars from your ini and restart Zandronum to continue.

However when I look in my .ini file for zandronum, it is nowhere to be found, indeed I had already wiped the samsara cvars from it in attempt to fix it, but it didn't fix anything and it continues complaining about this.
When other people try and join the server, it loads up fine for them. I have no idea what is going on, and any help would be appreciated.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Ensure that Samsara isn't being loaded twice by accident.
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

wildweasel wrote:Ensure that Samsara isn't being loaded twice by accident.
It is only being opened once.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

DabbingSquidward wrote:Ranger's nails seem to be blocked by 3D floors if fired below them. Rockets and other projectiles seem unaffected and behave normally.

Also, firing the thunderbolt obscures whatever you're aiming at due to a tremendous amount of particles.
Found the cause and solution. The nails' height was 0, which is treated by 3D floors as infinite. Simply change it to 1 and voila.
Douk Nouk Kem

Post by Douk Nouk Kem »

Sorry to necro, but I just wanted to ask, I noticed how pick ups and enemy projectiles still have dynamic lightning around them, even if you disable it in GZDoom's options, does the mod have its own separate parameter for this?
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

i found bug

While using Chex Warrior, zapping a lost soul will split in two even zapping again still the same
Dr. Lugawi

Post by Dr. Lugawi »

YasuoProjectX wrote:i found bug

While using Chex Warrior, zapping a lost soul will split in two even zapping again still the same
Go get Samsara: Extra Heroes, the bug isn't there.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”