Official ZDoom Discord Server

We sure do have a lot of rules and guidelines threads - find them all here, and please make sure you've read them! Also, community-wide announcements (that aren't major ZDoom News) go here as well.
Chocolate Fitz

Re: Official ZDoom Discord Server

Post by Chocolate Fitz »

Rachael wrote:Lately, we've been getting people testing the system for holes, and you are one such person. We're tired of it, and we're not going to put up with that anymore - not because "it's just me" (you're only one person) but because we've been getting one person, after another, after another, after another, after another, testing to see what we'll put up with.

Well the answer is - not much, anymore. We saw your white power symbol - and that's enough to justify this ban. We've seen this movie a thousand times before with many people before you, and we're not interested in continuing that. So no, you don't get another chance. Sorry.

Testing the rules is a direct violation of the rules, anyhow. You know what you did, we saw it, we're not interested in "talking this out" or arguing about it. You want to do shit like that? You can do it in other communities that are open to it. You're perfectly free to - in fact, I encourage you to make your own if you can't find one. But not our's. We're done with it. And that's all I have to say about it.
Excuse me, Rachel, but I am honestly pretty confused. When did I test the rules? How am I a "white power symbol", what does that even mean?!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Well, some discussion amongst the staff has led us to remove the ban for now. Considering I didn't see whatever it was got you in trouble, I'm not exactly on your side, but I'd at least entertain giving you back your access.
Gustavo6046

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I believe that we, as a community, have much to benefit from an instant communication means. Discord wouldn't be my prime choice, but unfortunately IRC has become a thing of the past.

Anyway, apparently I'm still banned. I politely ask for some lenience in this months long situation.

Also, I suggest a subforum for Discord related talk, with pinned topics like "Ban Appealing" and "News".
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

No, that is not necessary.

If you want to appeal your ban, please PM to one of us the offense that got you banned, and why you did it, and why you believe the actions were justified, and/or wrong. (If you can make a strong case, either way, your appeal will be accepted)
Gustavo6046

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Thing is I don't really remember. I think it was related to Unreal-related content. I did make a lot of mistakes in my past, so apologies.

I guess I'll go back to the comfy niche of my topics.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

From what I've been told, you kept butting in on people's conversations with discussions about Unreal, even if it's not what people wanted to talk about.

You should know that if you keep derailing conversations like that, it is very rude and annoying, and people might not want to talk about the things you do. Many people afford you the courtesy of leaving you alone when you want to talk about Unreal - you should do the same when they aren't.
Gustavo6046

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Hm, I agree. I believe I was a bit ignorant on my part, back then, for ignoring the possibility of ongoing conversations before starting my own discussions.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Fair enough. I've revoked the ban, for now. This is probationary until we get more comfortable with you again. You will have to reintroduce yourself as usual since not all mods might know who you are.
Assassin of Purity

Post by Assassin of Purity »

I must get in as well.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Uh... what?

In the dictionary under "vague as fuck" it says "see Assassin of Purity's post on the ZDoom's Discord topic".
Assassin of Purity

Rachael wrote:Uh... what?

In the dictionary under "vague as fuck" it says "see Assassin of Purity's post on the ZDoom's Discord topic".
I just wanted to go back in the server. I'm sorry.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them

Post by wildweasel »

From what I'm able to find, we already unbanned you once and you proceeded to get banned again. While my information is admittedly unclear as to why, I'm not sure I want to unban you a second time.
Assassin of Purity

wildweasel wrote:From what I'm able to find, we already unbanned you once and you proceeded to get banned again. While my information is admittedly unclear as to why, I'm not sure I want to unban you a second time.
I'm sorry about what happened. It was a mistake. I'm different now.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Assassin of Purity wrote:I'm sorry about what happened. It was a mistake. I'm different now.
We're not going to keep banning you, just to unban you so you can do it again, and then ban you when that happens. No amount of "But I've changed!" is going to change that.

You know what they say, right? Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time. This one's gonna stick for a while.
Assassin of Purity

Rachael wrote:
Assassin of Purity wrote:I'm sorry about what happened. It was a mistake. I'm different now.
We're not going to keep banning you, just to unban you so you can do it again, and then ban you when that happens. No amount of "But I've changed!" is going to change that.

You know what they say, right? Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time. This one's gonna stick for a while.
I'm really different, I'm more calm. I would like to show you, but I can wait.

Return to “Rules and Forum Announcements”