Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tesculpture

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Post by Tesculpture »

This is really good! The plutonia-fied pickups really sell it, and you've done a good job of giving your player character personality - she kind of reminds me of Gena "Mother" Newman from Mathew Reilly's Schofield Novels.

This mod also works really well with Combined Harms, as Mancubi/Revenant/Cyberdemon projectiles retain the effects this mod gives them, whilst the monsters themselves also get their new abilities courtesy of Combined Harms.

That said, I do have some suggestions:
-Could the shotguns be given a faster weapon switch? Once you have the regular, super, and demonic shotguns it can take a while to cycle through them to get the one you want, which isn't ideal when you're trapped in a small room with some unfriendlies.
-Instead of random drops, maybe the extra weapons could appear on spawns only after you have acquired the "common" weapon that appears there? E.g. the demonic shotgun only appears on SSG spawns once you have a super shotgun in your inventory? The best thing would be an option to change how/why the extra weapons spawn.
-The shotgun's slug could use a faster projectile speed - sniping faraway targets with it is a little difficult at the moment.
-Apart from that, I can only suggest more aesthetic stuff to help sell the experience; maybe giving the Plutonium Handler some heavy, robotic footsteps while it's equipped, or more one liners tied to different actions/weapons/items/freed marines.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

The machinegun firing sound seems to cut out, particularly while picking up items - perhaps an issue with sound channels?
Midnight_King

Post by Midnight_King »

Thank you for this release, ma'am. This is the best yet. I know I shouldn't, but I played through Sigil as Lt.Typhon twice and it was pretty amazing.

As always, I'll do a quick gameplay video soon. Keep up the good work, friend. Everything you do is awesome and this is the peak of your awesomeness thus far.
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NTSM »

Dear Skelegant!
What bothers me a bit on the Demon Shotgun, are the Giblets that remain forever. Although I think the Animation is cool, but the more it gets in one Place, the more you can watch the Frames sink into the Basement.

Maybe you can make them disappear over time?
That would definitely help my Potato PC. ^^

Anyway, this Mod has become a fun Experience. :D Great Work! (y)
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

NTSM wrote:Dear Skelegant!
What bothers me a bit on the Demon Shotgun, are the Giblets that remain forever. Although I think the Animation is cool, but the more it gets in one Place, the more you can watch the Frames sink into the Basement.

Maybe you can make them disappear over time?
That would definitely help my Potato PC. ^^

Anyway, this Mod has become a fun Experience. :D Great Work! (y)
forgot about this since i want playing any extra large maps,maybe an option for them to dissappear?
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

I've been slowly fixing stuff but it's taking a while to get everything just right, plus i have a bunch of new weapons i want to add, as well as fixes i need to add to existing ones (better recoil frames etc) The giblets are definitely gonna disappear faster in the next big update tho, the weapons will switch faster too :)
SpaceyStrife

Post by SpaceyStrife »

This is a very fun wad! I was looking for a lore friendly gameplay mod with a weapon set that's stronger than vanilla Doomguy's but not ridiculously overpowered - just powerful enough to make Ultra-Violence easier on crazier map sets - and Lt. Typhon is an excellent fit for the job.

The Plutonia-esque theme of the mod works really well with Avactor, though it does have some minor compatibility issues. I made a compatibility patch for Avactor that you can load after the main wad to fix it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzq0ojw5q0hyx ... h.wad?dl=0

Specifically this patch disables the custom explosive barrels so that they remain red pots (the sprites were flickering between barrels and pots), and it also replaces the particle trails of Revenant rockets with a more fitting ghostly trail (since Avactor's Revenants shoot white skulls instead of missiles).
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Nice work, glad you're enjoying the mod :D on the subject of barrels I've actually added a new feature involving the barrels and the plutonium handler.
There's a few new weapons coming in the next update too, here's a preview of the Eye In The Sky, Typhon's orbital laser cannon:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Gaaaah guess i'm too late for the party. Right? Anyway just gave her a spin and was great, as i expected. I really liked the aesthetic gameplay and style going on. Some items had old vines around them and i found it interesting! All weapons are powerful and different enough to please me. Some Cameo weapons was fun to use! Oh, and yes. I would like to hear more update from this beauty. I mean, we are gonna need it!! :D

So my only complain is that i want Ancient Revolver thing to be reloaded manually. I know it's powerful enough so it doesn't require the manual reload, but still!
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Captain J wrote:my only complain is that i want Ancient Revolver thing to be reloaded manually. I know it's powerful enough so it doesn't require the manual reload, but still!
I've tweaked a few of the existing weapons and adding a reload to the revolver was a priority :) it feels way nicer now you can fire a few shots then reload before moving to the next area.
I'll probably release the new version within the next week, there's a few other bits and pieces I wanna add but I don't want to leave it too long before letting you guys mess around with the new stuff :)
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

What's the best the Orbital Cannon is covered in vines and looks like it came outta an ancient temple? :D
Skelegant

Re: Lt. Typhon v2

Post by Skelegant »

V2 is done! Most of the new stuff is in the trailer :)
Gideon020

Re: Lt. Typhon v2: massive guns

Post by Gideon020 »

Guys, you should play this with Synthdoom or Absynthium music packs, it's like you're playing an 80's sci-fi flick! :shock:
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Gideon020 wrote:Guys, you should play this with Synthdoom or Absynthium music packs, it's like you're playing an 80's sci-fi flick! :shock:
I'm using these music mods that you mentioned with the Doom Hotline, which also has Synthwave songs, for those who like the 80's mood I recommend.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

If you have mp3s you want to use as bgms just copy them into a folder and rename them using the lump names (there's an excellent reference here https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom_II_music )
Then just zip the folder and load it with your other wads :) This way you can use any audio file as bgm :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”