Blood: Fresh Supply (Blood remaster) RIP 2019-2019

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
scalliano

Re: Blood: Fresh Supply (Blood remaster)

Post by scalliano »

Shame there's no 32bit colour mode but hey, for £3.59 I'll happily complete the unholy Build trinity*.

Yeah, I already had the DOS version on Steam.

*Does Powerslave EX count now that it has a Windows 10 mouse patch?
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

DabbingSquidward wrote:For me, no matter which graphic option I changed, as soon as I hit apply changes, I got a permanent black screen. I opened the task manager with ctrl+alt+del and from there on tabbed back into the game without problems.
It doesn't change at all, and resets to the defaults (borderless @ native res) as soon as I leave the menu. Works fine starting up with the options manually edited.
DabbingSquidward wrote:To unbind a key, press the same one that's already bound. e.g. to unbind W, press W.
I know, but it's really awful and basically no other engines do things this way. (Other than some Unity games which don't seem to pay a lot of attention to these kinds of details.)
DabbingSquidward wrote:There's a toggle run option in the input settings, defaults to capslock.
Also aware of this, but it's a bit annoying. At least it seems to remember the current autorun state in savegames, so I'll only have to do it once per start. :shrug:
TensorMatrix

Post by TensorMatrix »

How do i do sound mods?

Can i put new sound effects into the .KPF -file? There is no folder for sounds, so i assume that i can create a new folder. How should the folder be named (sounds / sound / sfx / audio)?

I created a .kpf for testing which changes cultist death sounds with another sound, but it doesn't seem to be loading. Where should i put the new .kpf?
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Well, this is somewhat disappointing.
Here's a video by Civvie 11 listing a number of glaring issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkG29e-nE-A
I picked it up earlier, now I'm hoping they'll put out some patches to do the game justice.
Haven't gotten around to trying it yet but i did make sure it ran and got a feel for the mouselook which was okay, except for the hateful pitch limit even in full 3d mouselook mode. I also really dislike that there's no option to have sprites align to camera fully (is that what y-shearing is?)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Yeah a loooot of work is needed here, the game simply wasn't ready to be released IMO. NBlood is still superior in terms of accuracy in this regard...

The modern improvements that come with Fresh Supply ARE nice though. I'm sure the issues will be ironed out with time. It's just unfortunate that it was released too early.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Nash wrote:I'm sure the issues will be ironed out with time.
If you have the Steam version, there's already a public beta accessible in in the game's properties that squashes a good few issues.
Trusty McLegit

Post by Trusty McLegit »

I really hope they fix all the issues with this, it's so close to being great! Also strange that it doesn't have any anisotropic filtering. If we could just get the best of both worlds from Fresh Supply (much better mouse feel and proper 3D renderer) and GDX (proper game accuracy, anisotropic filtering, doesn't crash) it would be perfect!
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

A patch has been released with a hefty amount of changes and tweaks to fix issues and remove inaccuracies. Old saves are not compatible, although you can try to load them anyway by typing "developer 1" into the console.
Fix video crash when switching from OpenGL to other renderers,
Fluidsynth now loads MIDI internally, resolving some instances of user crashes depending on the user's directory name,
Fix CD audio music not being present when reloading a level,
Fix MP monster settings not being respected,
Change "Show Player Weapons" to "Show Player Weapons Overhead",
Fix armour being affected by friendly fire if friendly fire was switched off,
Remove the three extra recoil SFX for Cultists,
Tesla blast projectile now renders as flat - adding custom definition entry for making it always pitch towards the viewer,
Bug fix with TNT/Spray can disappearing when exploding in hands while on the last ammo,
Removing the run glitch feature,
Fixed incorrect negative shade for candles, causing the sprite effect to appear brighter,
Removed the pre-fire animation for tesla weapon,
Removed the morphing animation for gargoyle statues,
Stone gargoyle now uses the correct recoil SFX,
Lightly Broiled is now always the default selected menu item when entering the difficulty menu,
Akimbo Napalm weapon now plays the correct firing animation as seen in DOS version 1.21 (was using the old 1.0 one),
Fix taunting when killing enemies with TNT not working,
Stop players using power ups when dead,
Disallow Quickloading if no saves are available to load,
Fix a bug that caused a crash at the start of Death Wish E2M1,
Autorun state is now saved between sessions,
Fix the FoV slider being uncapped when using the arrow keys or controller,
Key sprites now default to full shade values,
Importing updated extra voxels,
Major revision to virtual vram system and shaders. Height is now only padded for wall textures now. Fixes tiling issues with non power of 2 texture widths,
Padded textures and normal textures are now treated as separate virtual vram entries. Fixes issue with the monolith logo in the save game menu being distorted while in E3M2,
Concussion damage is now scaled against tick scale, making gibbing to occur more easily,
Changed jump height for getting out of water back to the original height. This broke E2M2,
Shade value for walls with back wall swap flag is now accounted for,
Proper shade and palette values are now inherited from sprite to voxels (they now appear correct in DWE3M1),
Texture UV mapping fixed for E1M1, E1M2, E1M3, E3M2, E1M8,
Fix a bug that would allow loading in multiplayer,
Fix issue when moving between menus if the current selected menu entry is too high or low,
Players are now always respawned with 100 health, regardless of what the level start has,
Spraycan and HellHound missiles now deal correct damage type and burn time,
Tesla weapon now fires one extra projectile at the end of its firing animation,
All TNT/Prox/Remote/dynamite explosions now play the correct sprite if not colliding with the floor first,
Fix players being able to cheat to acquire the E3M1 no-civilians-killed achievement,
Add support for private and friend lobbies,
Add missing Cerberus electrocution state,
Jumping boots now negate all pummel (includes fall) damage,
Make sure zombies are changed into dead actors on death, restores knockback force in the DOS version,
Add load screen messages when loading fails; allow loading from specific older versions. If, in this case, you want to load saves from the previous Fresh Supply version please type `developer 1` in console, load, save over your old save, then type `developer 0` in console.
Fixing timing of burn damage,
Enemies now correctly avoid water,
Fixing DWE2M1 bug with player start spawns,
Duplicate addon paths are now checked for,
Key 7 is now defined,
Remove a specific voxel on E2M2,
Scale voxels at the same ratio as sprites,
Show extra info in lobby list,
Pressing use now performs a standard hitscan operation. This resolves some issues in DWE1M9.
Nash

Post by Nash »

A welcome list of fixes, although still not perfect yet. Hope they keep at it until everyone shuts up. :P
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Just wondering, what's left to fix now?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

A few more tiny baby patches have been released today, fixing little one-off issues like trouble hitting switches in certain maps.

Also: For GOG folks who don't use the Galaxy client, the patched version now has an installer available.
Nash

Re: Blood: Fresh Supply (Blood remaster) RIP 2019-2019

Post by Nash »

"For future issues, we will have to recommend contacting Atari about them."

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1010750/ ... 767087271/

Welp, it looks like support for this game has ended. :mrgreen:

Going by the way things were at release, to be real blunt, I can't say I'm surprised... alright boyos, nothing more to see here. Let's go back to NBlood or GDX.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Nash wrote:"For future issues, we will have to recommend contacting Atari about them."

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1010750/ ... 767087271/

Welp, it looks like support for this game has ended. :mrgreen:

Going by the way things were at release, to be real blunt, I can't say I'm surprised... alright boyos, nothing more to see here. Let's go back to NBlood or GDX.
Basically, the control of the various storefront pages has been passed from Night Dive to Atari. Night Dive can still produce patches (and from the sounds of things there may be some smaller ones in the future?) but they have to be sent to Atari first.

So not so much an apocalypse as a return to the natural order of licensed-game bureaucracy, for better or worse.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I don't know. To me it seems more of "this game didn't make as much money as we thought it would (certainly not near the amount people suggested it would) so we're diverting the amount of funding going into this".
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Nash wrote:I don't know. To me it seems more of "this game didn't make as much money as we thought it would (certainly not near the amount people suggested it would) so we're diverting the amount of funding going into this".
Nope, it's exactly as Kinsie said. Just returning the game back to the natural order of bureaucracy. Us having control of the store page from the get go is actually not normal for these sorts of titles. Atari are still interested in us doing updates.

Return to “Off-Topic”