Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

comet1337

Re: Hell-Forged - (0.9b Alpha released! P.299.) Testers Need

Post by comet1337 »

Amuscaria wrote: How much healrh does a monster need to lose per tic before the pain state kicks in? Which then i need to ask, does the NORADIUSDMG flag apply to the armor too, or just the health?
any damage to health will trigger pain chances
blast-proof armor does not work out-of-the-box
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

So is monster health/armor handled differently from play health/armor? Because when NORADIUSDMG is on, player armor isn't damaged.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Amuscaria wrote:So is monster health/armor handled differently from play health/armor? Because when NORADIUSDMG is on, player armor isn't damaged.
I don't think it is; actors with that flag set are excluded from being damaged by radius/splash damage - the engine just skips them when deciding what to damage.

If you want monsters to still be subject to pain like normal while they're armored, set the [wiki=Actor_flags#ALLOWPAIN]ALLOWPAIN[/wiki] flag for them.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Blue Shadow wrote:If you want monsters to still be subject to pain like normal while they're armored, set the [wiki=Actor_flags#ALLOWPAIN]ALLOWPAIN[/wiki] flag for them.

Sweet. TY. :D
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

Spoiler: bugs
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@Comet: Fixed. Thank you for your continued test. :)
----------------------------------------------
Skymarshall was kind enough to make GLDefs for the project. Get it here and try it out. :D
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_aj5fK ... VptnL/view
---------------------------------------------
And a general question regarding difficulty. How hard do you feel UV needs to be? SHould it be the hardest difficulty that is beatable by most people in 1 or 2 goes, or it is fine that most people can't play it without repeated deaths and keyboard smashing. From 1-5, 1 being Doom E1 UV, and 5 being Plutonia UV. Feel free to rate higher than 5, I just chose the scale because Plutonia was as difficult as I can handle.

What about having monster:ammo ratio? How much more ammo should a map have than is needed to kill everything (if you hit with all shots)?
Last edited by Amuscaria on Wed May 08, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

In vanilla Doom(s) I always felt like UV was the intended difficulty and everything before it is scaled back for accessibility.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

Amuscaria wrote: Skymarshall was kind enough to make GLDefs for the project. Get it here and try it out. :D
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_aj5f ... OCwssVptnL
think you copied the link wrong
skymarshall

Post by skymarshall »

I really enjoyed playing through the first couple of levels of Hellforged but missed the zdoom lighting effects, so created a GLdefs file. Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_aj5f ... OCwssVptnL

This is pretty low creativity stuff, should be similar to the vanilla zdoom gldefs rather than anything showy. I built and (loosely) tested using gzdoom-x64-4.1.0

I haven't got round to doing the bosses, but pickups, decorations and player/monster projectiles should all be illuminated. It depends on the GZDoom lights.pk3 so make sure that you're including that too.

I'm not fussy at all about credit so if anyone wants to build on this to make something better, please go ahead and steal it - this will save you a couple of hours at least!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Top of the morning, Amuscaria. And i've got something special for you! viewtopic.php?f=46&t=64626

This is the Sound Addon i was working on. This is my Gratitude of finishing making the Hell-Forged. All finished, replaces almost all the Sound Effect of the TC. Like Weapons and Monsters. And yeah, it has Bosses' New Sounds as well. Hope you enjoy!
Spoiler: EDIT: Played it again and i've found some Texture errors!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Captain J wrote:Top of the morning, Amuscaria. And i've got something special for you! viewtopic.php?f=46&t=64626

This is the Sound Addon i was working on. This is my Gratitude of finishing making the Hell-Forged. All finished, replaces almost all the Sound Effect of the TC. Like Weapons and Monsters. And yeah, it has Bosses' New Sounds as well. Hope you enjoy!
Spoiler: EDIT: Played it again and i've found some Texture errors!
Fixed- forgot to tag a couple sectors for the 3D fog floor. Thank you for your continued test. Also thank you for the Sound wad. Will check it out tomorrow. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally made these missing props:

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/WKkDFb9[/imgur]
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh man! Are those Bosses about to be armed and become dangerous? Really nice to see the process, the story of the Hell-Forged in the game. Nicely done!
SpaceyStrife

Post by SpaceyStrife »

Just completed the wad! Various thoughts:
Spoiler:
This is gonna be awesome once it's officially complete. Looking forward to seeing what the player sprites look like!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@SpacemanStrife: Thank you for your feedback. As to the Hellsmith, I've already added a jet-back fire effect that's 1.5 seconds before the charge. The Hammer should also kill with 1 hit if it triggers the fire-aoe while hitting you. I will reduced the change of his home-rocking spam. Right now it has a 50% change of looping back to the attack, so the HS will shoot you even behind cover. I'll probably add a uservar to limit his attack to 3 volleys.

As for the Soultaker, Comet1337 has already made a Zscript version of the weapon that shows the drain effect, it loops pretty darn sweet. He's also made a custom homing script for the powered Basilisk missiles. I haven't implemented these yet.

Work has kept me quite busy these last few weeks, and I got myself a few pet birds which I'm in the process of taming. Haven't had much time to work on HF.

I will add a message indication of approximately there the green TP is, along with some green torches to mark its location.

Thanks again for the feedback. :)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Finally. Someone mentioning about Hell Smith's OP moves and damages. Very nice of you to take the feedback and weaken him a bit!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”