Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kontra Kommando

Re: Aliens: The Ultimate Doom [Special Edition]

Post by Kontra Kommando »

armymen12002003 wrote:huh yhats strange now it's working.
I'm glad that it has been resolved.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Yea it was very strange lol
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

HINT: you could actually take the Alien Trilogy Disc for PlayStation 1 and copy the original soundtrack onto you PC. The audio tracks on the disc are actually normal CD audio.
Arghonn

Post by Arghonn »

Weren't the majority of PS1 discs encoded as audio discs? I remember there being a lot of PS1 games you could put in cd players and either listen to the music or find easter egg audio tracks.
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

Arghonn wrote:Weren't the majority of PS1 discs encoded as audio discs? I remember there being a lot of PS1 games you could put in cd players and either listen to the music or find easter egg audio tracks.
I do´t know. I only know of these:

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (maybe also the other ones, too...)
Alien Trilogy
Doom (as it seems, I don´t have it for PSX)
Alien Resurrection
Destruction Derby 2
Demolition Racer

and maybe tons more....
Espilonarge

Post by Espilonarge »

WARCHILD_89 wrote:Doom (as it seems, I don´t have it for PSX)
The PSX version compressed the primary music in LCD module format (similar to IT, MOD, S3M, XM, etc) while secondary music (title, ending, etc) used Redbook Audio. The Sega Saturn version however was completely Redbook Audio (however, it's not worth playing "that" version).

On another note, it's been almost a year since this video was put up. Any news on what's going on with the map? Been hankering to slaughter some xenos.

WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

Espilonarge wrote:
WARCHILD_89 wrote:Doom (as it seems, I don´t have it for PSX)
The PSX version compressed the primary music in LCD module format (similar to IT, MOD, S3M, XM, etc) while secondary music (title, ending, etc) used Redbook Audio. The Sega Saturn version however was completely Redbook Audio (however, it's not worth playing "that" version).

On another note, it's been almost a year since this video was put up. Any news on what's going on with the map? Been hankering to slaughter some xenos.

How is this awesome motion tracker actually possible? This could be applied to other mods as well.....is there a code for that?
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

These alien mods confuse the heck out of me. I see all these different mods like Aliens Ultimate doom, Aliens Legacy, aliens Trilogy and Aliens colonial marines but when I search for them the links all go to the same place. Are these different mods or are they really just all the same mod renamed a million times? I am so confused can someone clear this up for me? If they are different mods can I get a link to them?
Korell

Post by Korell »

Rex705 wrote:These alien mods confuse the heck out of me. I see all these different mods like Aliens Ultimate doom, Aliens Legacy, aliens Trilogy and Aliens colonial marines but when I search for them the links all go to the same place. Are these different mods or are they really just all the same mod renamed a million times? I am so confused can someone clear this up for me? If they are different mods can I get a link to them?
I have three Aliens mods in my GZDoom installation.

Aliens TC: Special Edition
The re-release of possibly the first Aliens mod for Doom, altered (cleaned up) so that it would work with ZDoom and GZDoom.
It comes with levels for episode 2 (which are the levels of the original Aliens TC) and two bonus levels in E3M1 and E3M2.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=29122

Aliens: Colonial Marines
This is a total conversion as it has its own campaign maps.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/acm-2014

Aliens: The Ultimate Doom (Special Edition)
The mod that this forum thread is about. But it is a gameplay mod as you have to specify an IWAD (and a PWAD mapset if you want custom maps) to play with.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45213
There is another mod for this here http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ul ... ud-beta-10 which seems to incorporate this gameplay mod with Alien Trilogy textures and sprites. I've not tried this though.

From what I gather, Alien: Legacy will be a mapset and a gameplay mod, similar to Aliens: The Ultimate Doom, but I haven't seen any release for this yet.

Lastly, there's also this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ul ... ns-tc-2017
Another remake of the Aliens TC mod, but this time merged with aspects of Aliens: The Ultimate Doom. Again, I've not tried this one.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Korell wrote:
Rex705 wrote:These alien mods confuse the heck out of me. I see all these different mods like Aliens Ultimate doom, Aliens Legacy, aliens Trilogy and Aliens colonial marines but when I search for them the links all go to the same place. Are these different mods or are they really just all the same mod renamed a million times? I am so confused can someone clear this up for me? If they are different mods can I get a link to them?
I have three Aliens mods in my GZDoom installation.

Aliens TC: Special Edition
The re-release of possibly the first Aliens mod for Doom, altered (cleaned up) so that it would work with ZDoom and GZDoom.
It comes with levels for episode 2 (which are the levels of the original Aliens TC) and two bonus levels in E3M1 and E3M2.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=29122

Aliens: Colonial Marines
This is a total conversion as it has its own campaign maps.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/acm-2014

Aliens: The Ultimate Doom (Special Edition)
The mod that this forum thread is about. But it is a gameplay mod as you have to specify an IWAD (and a PWAD mapset if you want custom maps) to play with.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45213
There is another mod for this here http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ul ... ud-beta-10 which seems to incorporate this gameplay mod with Alien Trilogy textures and sprites. I've not tried this though.

From what I gather, Alien: Legacy will be a mapset and a gameplay mod, similar to Aliens: The Ultimate Doom, but I haven't seen any release for this yet.

Lastly, there's also this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ul ... ns-tc-2017
Another remake of the Aliens TC mod, but this time merged with aspects of Aliens: The Ultimate Doom. Again, I've not tried this one.
Ah ok cool thanks for the info. If you want another cool aliens mod there is also Aliens vs Preditor a gameplay mod that let's you play as aliens, preditor or marines. viewtopic.php?f=43&t=45192
Kontra Kommando

Here is a map set that is being made by Payload4367 using the Aliens Trilogy (UD) gameplay mod as it's base for development.

I am very excited to see what he produces!
-Ghost-

Re: [NEW Aliens: Eradication ] -Aliens: The Ultimate Doom Th

Post by -Ghost- »

Looking good! The more Alien stuff we get, the better!
Kontra Kommando

-Ghost- wrote:Looking good! The more Alien stuff we get, the better!
I agree. It is good to see the hard work of this project continue even beyond what we have done.
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

Working on maps 5 through 7 now for Aliens: Eradication. 4 maps completed and undergoing testing. Still a lot to do including replacing all doom sounds, trying a scaled-down hud, more music, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
Here is some of map3 in it's testing phase.

Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

Enjoy some screenies of map04 for Aliens: Eradication. Working hard to finish this project and give this mod a map set it deserves. And that is a tall order:P
Attachments
AEMP4_2.png
AEMP4_1.png

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”