Zagemod (v1.5.1 Released, pg 25)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I can't recall if your mod has custom enemies, but if it has, i think i know how to solve the problem.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

GAA1992 wrote:I can't recall if your mod has custom enemies, but if it has, i think i know how to solve the problem.
The mod does have quite a few custom enemies, though most don't appear in normal gameplay. What sort of solution did you have in mind?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

It does, so maybe i can help!

I wanted to add this feature to my SSG replacer in Kriegsland (the Wunderfilnte) and suffered from the same limitations. Here's what i did:

- First i gave the A_FireBullets for the SSG with a custom puff:

Code: Select all

TNT1 A 0 A_FireBullets(11.2, 7.1, 22, 5,"WunderflintePuff")
This special BulletPuff inherits from your standard BulletPuff (which in Kriegsland case is just "Bullet_Puff"):

ACTOR WunderflintePuff : Bullet_Puff
{
	-NOEXTREMEDEATH
	DamageType SSGgib
}
But it has that special damage type, called SSGgib (you can name it anything you want, actually).

The monsters then wouldn't Gib because the BulletPuff has that "-NOEXTREMEDEATH" flag, right?

So all you gotta do is to stick this in the monster's states, either in their master actor where they inherit from, or individually, if they don't have any actor to inherit from:

Death.SSGgib:
		TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfCloser(128,"XDeath")
		"----" A 0 A_Jump(256,"Death")
		Stop
This will tell the game that any monster close to this area (128 units) can explode from a SSG blast, and any further from that, don't.

Hope this can be useful for you, i really like the way this mod goes! :)
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Huh, that actually makes a lot of sense. I'll work on implementing that as soon as I can. Thanks for the tip! :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

You're welcome!

Edited it twice because typos might make it look confusing.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

I played this recently. It's pretty nice, I like how the classes encapsulate different games while maintaining their own feel.

That being said, I recognised a few of my sprites from MetaDoom being used, so could you please pop me in the "Sprites" section of the credits? I'm already in the "Sounds" section, just not in the sprites one. Thanks!
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Kinsie wrote:I played this recently. It's pretty nice, I like how the classes encapsulate different games while maintaining their own feel.

That being said, I recognised a few of my sprites from MetaDoom being used, so could you please pop me in the "Sprites" section of the credits? I'm already in the "Sounds" section, just not in the sprites one. Thanks!
D'oh, I thought I did credit you for sprites. Yes, I'll get right on that. Sorry.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

No worries, I figured it was just an oversight. 👍
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Experimenting with rocket effects. Nothing flashy.

Also NC HUD is awesome. Y'all should totally use it. (Hell, might even implement it into the mod one day.)
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Wow. Those rocket effects are awesome AF. (I would say what those initials mean, but I don't want to get into trouble.)

And on a side note, there is potential to implement NC HUD into this mod.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

Hey, silentzora; I noticed how you planned for one of the upcoming weapons to be named the Assault Shotgun. I've just read through the latest version readme and found that the Zoragal already has a weapon with that name. Since the weapon has an alternate flaming shell attack, you may want to consider a fire-themed name, such as "Inferno Shotgun", "Hellfire Shotgun", "Dragon Shotgun" or something similar. Just thought I'd put it out there, before you get to release time.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Zora Gal's shotty was already renamed to the Riot Shotgun in a prior update. I just forgot to update the Readme file is all. I'll fix it.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

I assume every player class has their own ammo types (AlphaShell, D64Shell, D3Shell) to prevent picking up another class' weapon for ammo. You can use the INVENTORY.RESTRICTABSOLUTELY flag to prevent this from happening and still have all classes have the same ammo type.

In Hexen by default, since each class' weapons use either blue or green mana, you can pick up their weapons for ammo, but not in coop or deathmatch.

The flag serves as an extension to the RestrictedTo & ForbiddenTo properties.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

NeonLights95 wrote:Wow. Those rocket effects are awesome AF. (I would say what those initials mean, but I don't want to get into trouble.)
You can say the fuck word here, friend. And it is, indeed, awesome as fuck.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Well since Doom is mostly for Adults and Mature Audiences, saying Fuck is not troublesome at all. As long as it doesn't hurt anybody! Fuck Fuckity Fuck-fuck-fuck! :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”