Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Re: Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

APesquera wrote:Any tips on the temple puzzle with all the snakes? It's really obnoxious to go inside that room and I don't see any clear solution.
The Snakes have super low HP, so any attack should be able to take them out. Any AO Attack or spread attack should be able to handle them. The other option is you could simply avoid them if you are skilled enough and try and complete the puzzle that way!
APesquera

Post by APesquera »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:
APesquera wrote:Any tips on the temple puzzle with all the snakes? It's really obnoxious to go inside that room and I don't see any clear solution.
The Snakes have super low HP, so any attack should be able to take them out. Any AO Attack or spread attack should be able to handle them. The other option is you could simply avoid them if you are skilled enough and try and complete the puzzle that way!
It's the puzzle I'm confused about, I can deal with the snakes easy with the ice spell. I just don't see the way to solve this, it ain't clear to me.

Congrats on the release, by the way.
TheStrawberryOctopus

APesquera wrote: It's the puzzle I'm confused about, I can deal with the snakes easy with the ice spell. I just don't see the way to solve this, it ain't clear to me.

Congrats on the release, by the way.
Spoiler:
APesquera

Post by APesquera »

Ooooh, thanks!

I was so confused, I thought it was a puzzle that had to do with the faces on the walls, I hadn't realized you could just shoot them. Way to make things harder for myself hahaha
Caped64

Post by Caped64 »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:
Caped64 wrote:I'm unsure if this is the place to ask this, but where do you level up your weapons and such? Unless I missed it, there doesn't seem to be an NPC or Book explaining it.

Also great work on the game itself! I love the old game feel and art style it has.
You gain access to the Shop to Level up once you visited the shops in one of the 6 villagers!

You cannot access the shop proper within the City of Magic!
Ah, thank you! One more thing, I take it that each character's signature weapon are upgraded in a similar method? Or is there something different that I need to do?
TheStrawberryOctopus

Caped64 wrote: Ah, thank you! One more thing, I take it that each character's signature weapon are upgraded in a similar method? Or is there something different that I need to do?
Each Class has a Special Promotion Quest to get LVL2 and LVL3 weapons. They is a book in the library that states this!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

So i'm finally playing this Game! I was actually supposed to play this first but i couldn't, because i had to Playtest and Feedback some very cool TC named Hell-Forged. But it's over, though!

However, when i turned on the Game after Downloading it, the Music was rather LOUD! It turns out that the Default Music Volume was at Full 1.00 Percent! (FYI, GZDoom's Default Volume is 0.50 Percent) You can decrease the Volume manually, sure. But i think people won't gonna like this unless they actually prepared for some Big Sound Blast!

And don't get me wrong. The Soundtrack of this game is great and charming. Especially when you turn on the Midi Device, GUS! Oh man, i seriously recommend this Device and i think this should be set on Default! But you're the boss-
TheStrawberryOctopus

Captain J wrote:So i'm finally playing this Game! I was actually supposed to play this first but i couldn't, because i had to Playtest and Feedback some very cool TC named Hell-Forged. But it's over, though!

However, when i turned on the Game after Downloading it, the Music was rather LOUD! It turns out that the Default Music Volume was at Full 1.00 Percent! (FYI, GZDoom's Default Volume is 0.50 Percent) You can decrease the Volume manually, sure. But i think people won't gonna like this unless they actually prepared for some Big Sound Blast!

And don't get me wrong. The Soundtrack of this game is great and charming. Especially when you turn on the Midi Device, GUS! Oh man, i seriously recommend this Device and i think this should be set on Default! But you're the boss-
I usually have the volume at 100, and I forgot what the default was after awhile!

In regards to the Midi Device I picked; that was the one that was closest to what we used when composing the soundtrack. I am not sure how the soundtrack sounds with different Midi Formats!
TheStrawberryOctopus

I have performed another quick fix and stomped out some more Bugs!... You can check the Details of such things here!
https://strawberryoctii.itch.io/memoirs ... -quick-fix
mogo22

Post by mogo22 »

I love this game!! Thanks for all the work you put in to this!

I found an exploit with the bank -- if you're the Hawk guy and you collect your 10% bonus and then add/remove enough from the vault for the vault to change state, it seems like it's re-applying the 10% bonus. I was able to sit there and add/remove gold over and over and build up infinite money.
TheStrawberryOctopus

mogo22 wrote:I love this game!! Thanks for all the work you put in to this!

I found an exploit with the bank -- if you're the Hawk guy and you collect your 10% bonus and then add/remove enough from the vault for the vault to change state, it seems like it's re-applying the 10% bonus. I was able to sit there and add/remove gold over and over and build up infinite money.
Is that so?... I will look into this right now, since they was another major bug brought into my Attention!

Expect another Quickfix soon!
TheStrawberryOctopus

A new big Balance Patch has been launched, which you can Check out here!
https://strawberryoctii.itch.io/memoirs ... ance-patch
Those who were having difficulty before may find the game a little more fair now!

In addition to this, I do have a Discord up for this Game too if you guys are interested in joining!
https://discord.gg/3ayrnwh
Last edited by TheStrawberryOctopus on Sun May 05, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I just started playing and right from the start there are these teleporting tentacle enemies that fucked me right up. Are these supposed to be unfair to fight?
TheStrawberryOctopus

SamVision wrote:I just started playing and right from the start there are these teleporting tentacle enemies that fucked me right up. Are these supposed to be unfair to fight?
Its funny you mentioned that because they just been nerfed today. As soon as you hear that attack sound, I'd jump away ASAP!

They been toned down considerably in the Patch!
TheStrawberryOctopus

A Big Update for MoM has just dropped!

This update fixes a lot of the issues that were prevalent in Coop.

For those of you who want to experience this game with a friend, Highly recommend downloading this patch!

Read the Changes in this Patch in the Link Below!

https://strawberryoctii.itch.io/memoirs ... coop-patch

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”