[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

Beezle

Re: [v1.8.2] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by Beezle »

VM Execution aborted: Handgun.StateFunction.19 Called without valid caller. Handgun expected
Called from Weapon.A_Raise at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/inventory/weapons.txt, line 283
Called from PlayerPawn.BringUpWeapon at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/shared/player.txt, line 1512
Called from State Handgun.19
Called from Psprite.setstate (native)
Called from Weapon State Handgun.233 in Handgun
Called from PlayerInfo.SetSprite (native)

Get this error when loading with Magnum instead of handgun in mod options, also get random crashes, not very frequent though, when dual wielding. Using GZDoo m 3.7.1.
Edit: After a little more testing, I've found this crash only seems to happen in GZDoom 3.7.1, it also happened with Doom Incarnate 1.8.1, in 3.6 you can choose the Magnum without any issues in both versions.
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

I'd recommend trying 3.7.2, it seems a whole raft of bugs slipped into 3.7.0/1.

On to actual bugs, it seems the SSG spawn options aren't working correctly; I've got it set to 'random' but I'm only getting Grimmhammers.

As a suggestion, maybe change NVGs to use a system similar to Trailblazer - where they have a 'battery' of sorts and can be turned on/off mid-use.

EDIT: Another bug, the NKW's blast radius seems to extend much further vertically than it does horizontally. I think this one's been around for a while and I just haven't noticed it though.

EDIT2: Some more suggestions.
  • The AR currently feels kinda lacklustre when put up against the Venom Gun; they feel like they cover the same sort of niche, moreso than other weapons on the same slot.
  • Speaking of the AR, its plasma rocket is kinda... meh? Sure it has infinite ammo, but the power just doesn't feel particularly great.
  • Same to a degree goes for Grimhammer vs SSG; the SSG doesn't quite measure up in terms of pain output, particularly versus crowds. Maybe some sort of enemy penetration on its shots, ala the Doom 2016 SSG?
  • For those of us who dislike 'reload mash', maybe have an alternate way to speed up reloads? Maybe holding down the reload button?
  • An option to increase the spawn rate of health/armor upgrades would be nice, particularly for shorter WADs or ones with few health/armor bonuses.
  • Maybe more difficulty settings? In particularly one which is Full UV in terms of enemies but doesn't increase their health/damage.
  • Beefier hand grenades, please? They're honestly pretty meh for anything beefier than a shotgunner, which makes it odd that we can only carry 12.
  • 'Combined' ammo drop option - have ammo spawns (when they're not upgrade kits) be replaced with a bundle of ammo that refills all ammo types that could show up there. (So a clip would be replaced with a 9mm clip, .357 clip, rifle mag, and venom belt.)
  • An option for an additional starting weapon perhaps? I'd say a second pistol or an SMG.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Can you add a unload function to each gun, you can simply reverse the reload animation. Great mod by the way!
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Hmm, I like the idea, but I doubt I would add such a feature to each gun since some of the ammo types are only used by one gun (like Assault Rifle), which would be kinda pointless.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Came across a visual bug, regarding the standard Handgun: If you hold down the trigger when you 1) don't have any ammo in the clip, and 2) don't have any 9mm ammo left in your reserves, the weapon's slide mechanism wigs out something fierce, as if the weapon is trying to fire, but can't due to the lack of ammo.

This happens when using the weapon in either hand, dual-wielding the Handgun by itself, and cross-wielding it with any other weapon, where it happens in whatever hand's holding the Handgun.
ArkyonVeil

Post by ArkyonVeil »

So I gave your mod a shot... Well, several shots, multiple version shots.

Okay, its really fun, love it to bits. Though for whatever reason I feel like the sounds in the newer versions were toned down. They feel less punchy that the previous ones, which is the main reason why I stuck with older versions. But besides that its quite fun.

Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to include a weapon damage slider in the options menu, its probably your choice that they are this powerful, but when dual wielding is added to the mix. Well... It gets easy, really easy.

Anyway featured your mod here:

Lemonore

Post by Lemonore »

The mod's main menu is kickass! What's the song, though? Couldn't find it anywhere in the credits.
slyrboi

Post by slyrboi »

had a bug, invalid handgun caller
Lemonore

Post by Lemonore »

slyrboi wrote:had a bug, invalid handgun caller
AFAIK it only happens if you have the Magnum as a starting weapon. Change it back to Handgun.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Lemonore wrote:
AFAIK it only happens if you have the Magnum as a starting weapon. Change it back to Handgun.
Damn I thought I was the only one with this issue, some YouTuber, UnforgivenCaleb, said he had no issues with starting with Magnum and using 3.7.2, his advice was to wait for DeathStalker to update the mod. If use use GZDoom 3.6 it that issue won't be present, but anything newer you can't start with Magnum. :(
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Beezle wrote:wait for DeathStalker to update the mod. If use use GZDoom 3.6 it that issue won't be present, but anything newer you can't start with Magnum. :(
I will eventually update the mod, I'm just too much of a lazy fuck to make it early...

I'm also thinking of opening a Discord after the update, mainly for bug reports (there will inevitably be a crapton of them cuz the update is going to be big).
Kellion wrote:So I gave your mod a shot... Well, several shots, multiple version shots.

Okay, its really fun, love it to bits. Though for whatever reason I feel like the sounds in the newer versions were toned down. They feel less punchy that the previous ones, which is the main reason why I stuck with older versions. But besides that its quite fun.

Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to include a weapon damage slider in the options menu, its probably your choice that they are this powerful, but when dual wielding is added to the mix. Well... It gets easy, really easy.
Thanks a lot man, btw the sounds of most of the weapons will get beefier when they get upgraded. And yeah, the weapon damage slider could be a good idea, might give that a try.
Lemonore wrote:The mod's main menu is kickass! What's the song, though? Couldn't find it anywhere in the credits.
It's the main menu theme of Wolfenstein: The New Order. And yeah, should've added it into credits list. Lol
slyrboi

Post by slyrboi »

Lemonore wrote:
thanks friend, i just too dumb to find it out, still any info about the upgrade kits? i don't know how to use it
Lemonore

Post by Lemonore »

slyrboi wrote:
thanks friend, i just too dumb to find it out, still any info about the upgrade kits? i don't know how to use it
They're an inventory item. Use "Next/Previous Item" and "Activate Item" keys from GZDoom's inventory controls.
D3athStalker

Re: [v2.0] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Finally, 2.0 is here! (I actually can't believe I last updated this mod almost half a year ago lol)

Main Link: https://mega.nz/#!00Ih1SDL!EAHx6z2GWYK0 ... Tsy_e5zc1I
Alt link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9zfm2y78 ... 0.pk3/file
Spoiler: Changelog (it's probably incomplete)
I'm also going to create a Discord for the mod tomorrow (mostly for bug reports) so expect a link soon.
affandede

Re: [v2.0] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by affandede »

Is it possible to hide this boner?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”