Define a map as an EndSequence

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Enjay

Define a map as an EndSequence

Post by Enjay »

In a similar way to how TITLEMAP can be used as a completely non-interactive map where pressing any key brings up the menu and nothing else (no game saved message on starting the map, nothing), I suggest that it might be useful to set up other maps so that they can be used as EndSequences once the game is finished.

[edit]
:oops:
I just realised that I suggested something very similar a long time ago (almost 10 years). viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23368&p=456467

It was closed with a [No] then (not sure why) so perhaps it's not likely to happen?

[/edit]
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Define a map as an EndSequence

Post by Rachael »

It's more likely to happen now than 10 years ago so I say leave it open.

ZDoom's (and by proxy GZDoom's) tech has changed quite a lot in the intervening time.
Nash

Re: Define a map as an EndSequence

Post by Nash »

Last I source-dived, if I'm not wrong, it's literally just some 'gamestate' variable checks to enable the "non interactive" behaviour of loaded maps, so maybe a new GS_ENDLEVEL constant maybe? Unless I'm missing something, it seems pretty straightforward to add.

EDIT: even better, it seems G_InitNew has a "true" bool as the 2nd parameter, it looks like this will tell whatever next map to load to be non-interactive. So there are two options here for the front-facing/user side - either a MAPINFO flag, or add a new bool parameter to existing level change functions to mark the next map change as non-interactive.

Return to “Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”