Doom with Sprinkles [1.1]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MrJohnny

Re: Doom with Sprinkles [1.0]

Post by MrJohnny »

Yeah, if you have retro shader enabled I'd recommend going with 3.45 pixels or so. :P I added a bit of clarification to the first post.
[HotPocket]

Post by [HotPocket] »

Pompous Seed wrote: Glad to be your #1! I'll see if I can fix that in the next update.
Speaking of a next update, do you think you'll add an option to set the amount of particles that come from explosions and etc in the next update?
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

I thought about it, but doing that would go against what I set out to do in the first place. While I understand performance is important (I tried my hardest to keep things running smooth), there's a certain level of quality I like to uphold, and I guess I don't really want it to be any less than it is already. I also thought about making a really bare bones version of this mod as some point; a "lite" version, if you will. So that might be a thing someday. Maybe.
johnny

Post by johnny »

Just wanted to drop in and say that this is phenomenal. This is my new standard for vanilla playthroughs :wub:
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

Fantastic mod. Would you consider adding extreme deaths and gib chunks for the larger enemies too? Also idk If this sprite alignment issue has been brought to your attention:
Attachments
Misaligned Sprite objects 2.png
Misaligned Sprite objects.png
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

johnny wrote:Just wanted to drop in and say that this is phenomenal. This is my new standard for vanilla playthroughs :wub:
Wow, thank you!
Neccronixis wrote:Fantastic mod. Would you consider adding extreme deaths and gib chunks for the larger enemies too? Also idk If this sprite alignment issue has been brought to your attention:
Yes, I had considered that (I even had it implemented at one point; there was actually a plethora of stuff that got removed before release), but there was two reasons I didn't add them: 1) I couldn't find quality sprites for all of the monsters; 2) since only smaller monsters have an xdeath state in vanilla doom, I guess I figured it made sense to leave the larger monsters alone. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about the sprites pictured above (pretty sure it has something to do with the way they are placed on the map), but I'll look into it.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

I really love and respect mods that are able to get beautiful effects out of pretty much stock resources, well done. An insanely well-curated effects mod.
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

Aw thanks Gifty, super glad that you approve.
[HotPocket]

Post by [HotPocket] »

Also, dws has some trouble when it comes to the XY axis. I think you should add the flag of +FORCEYBILLBOARD when it comes to torches, lamps and mostly all light sources in general. I don't know if it's only on my side though, so turn your XY axis on and see if it happens to you too.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Neccronixis wrote:Fantastic mod. Would you consider adding extreme deaths and gib chunks for the larger enemies too? Also idk If this sprite alignment issue has been brought to your attention:
Try the +FIXMAPTHINGPOS flag.
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Neat little mod. However I was expecting it to be pretty much vanilla when it comes to stats and mechanics. But that's not the case.
Chainsaw alerts enemies when you hold it and plasma doesn't cool down every time you stop firing.
Would've been great to see stuff like that as an option at least.

Edit: Chainsaw attack also has a delay and weapon switch speed is faster.
Edit: Invert Weapon Sway doesn't work.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Just noticed that the BFG doesn't quite reset camera position after firing, leading to a downward tilt if you're not using freelook. Still really really enjoying this mod, I just beat Sigil with it. :D
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

When I enable Retro Shader with Pixelation my screen looks like this:

Using GZDoom 4.1.3, pixel count is 3.45 like you recommended, and resolution is set at the default 1366 x 705. Worked perfectly fine in 4.1 or whichever it was 2 versions ago :?
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20190621_110720.png
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Beezle wrote:Worked perfectly fine in 4.1 or whichever it was 2 versions ago :?
Are you sure that settings in both versions are exactly the same?
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

_mental_ wrote:
Beezle wrote:Worked perfectly fine in 4.1 or whichever it was 2 versions ago :?
Are you sure that settings in both versions are exactly the same?
To be honest, I'm not 100% sure the settings were EXACTLY the same but I do remember playing this with a couple mapsets with Pixelation with the recommended 3.45 pixel count and Retro Shader on a few weeks back.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”