[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Jeimuzu73

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Those are some rad designs, D3ath. Though how are you gonna implement the MG61, since you already have the Venom Gun?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:Those are some rad designs, D3ath. Though how are you gonna implement the MG61, since you already have the Venom Gun?
It's gonna be one of the disposable heavy weapons that can't be dual wielded or cross wielded. You can disassemble the heavy weapons to further upgrade certain weapons. In this case, disassembling MG-61 will upgrade Venom Gun.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Nice to see ny ideas serve as inspiration! I wish i had your creativity for Frankenspriting at the moment because... damn i haven't created a good plasma-BFG-esque weapon in months.

EDIT: Since nobody posted...

Here's a (edited) Radar from Demolition Man (3DO):
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

D3athStalker wrote:The remaining heavy weapons:
Oooooo Badass and Big Weaponry. And i thank you for using my resources too!
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

I did a thing.
AMR_Mk.3.gif
AMR_Mk.3.gif (168.09 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
original model by ProgramerNetwork on Deviantart

Following Marty's Tutorial on XPS Model Ripping
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

That definitely looks like it's from the good ol' era of doom modding. Pretty cool!
ChopBlock223
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 with extensive trimming and regedits.

Post by ChopBlock223 »

https://i.imgur.com/A83l6CB.gif

I made a Sniper's Rifle / Designated Marksman's Rifle.
The scope is based on a graphic by MatthewTheGlutton, from his Hideous Destructor, with permission, the rest is made from Id sprites.
Id Software, MatthewTheGlutton
Id Software, MatthewTheGlutton
Use as you feel like. No reticle included, figure that out yourself.
I picture it as some manner of roller delayed blowback rifle (but not a CETME/H&K design), with a fully free-floated barrel, and with a recoil buffer inside the stock (I'm fond of those). Probably in a cartridge like .300 Winchester Magnum
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

ChopBlock223 wrote: I made a Sniper's Rifle / Designated Marksman's Rifle.
The scope is based on a graphic by MatthewTheGlutton, from his Hideous Destructor, with permission, the rest is made from Id sprites.

Use as you feel like. No reticle included, figure that out yourself.
I picture it as some manner of roller delayed blowback rifle (but not a CETME/H&K design), with a fully free-floated barrel, and with a recoil buffer inside the stock (I'm fond of those). Probably in a cartridge like .300 Winchester Magnum
Very nice sprite work (also the previous ones)! I also dig how you describe what kind of in-game usage/gun type you imagine! Good game design foundations, kudos :)
Would we sit at the same table, I'd silently grin, nod and hand you my fist to bump :P
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Tried to figure out a player sprite design for MetaDoom.

It'll need some rethinking - the Doom 3 belt would basically be covered up by the player's gun the whole time - and I never got around to the feet (wanted to use the Doom 2016 feet but couldn't get it right and didn't have any sprites with appropriate permissions handy) - but it's something to look at, at least.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Pretty neat and new, while trying to keep up the each doomguy's design imo! And i think his belt looks very big. Why not make the chest armor large as well? To fit the belt's width.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

Kinsie wrote:Tried to figure out a player sprite design for MetaDoom.

[imghttps://i.imgur.com/C4fD1zu.png/img]

It'll need some rethinking - the Doom 3 belt would basically be covered up by the player's gun the whole time - and I never got around to the feet (wanted to use the Doom 2016 feet but couldn't get it right and didn't have any sprites with appropriate permissions handy) - but it's something to look at, at least.
what was based off of?
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

This looks like a great DoomPlayer Skin. Granted, it's not yet finished, but it looks great imo. 5/5
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

Looks awesome but i thought that to represent the Slayer's praetor suit from 2016, you could add a red dot somewhere in the armor and maybe some red thing in the helmet to represent the "mark of the slayer".
And with Eternal, would it be crazy to add the shoulder canon?
I mean, the way how inventory works kinda resembles that.

An extra detail could be a red dot in the back as a reference to Doom 2's cover art (the one where he fights the cybie) but that's just a silly idea.
Graaicko
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Graaicko »

So finally completely revamped one of the boss characters for Shadow Elite. Vogol. One of the leaders of a Russian faction.

Old version:

New version:
Spoiler:
Quite happy. Looks way more realistic and believable then the old Wolf3d RTD Boss. Knees look weird after I attempted to make him taller.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

whatup876 wrote:

Looks awesome but i thought that to represent the Slayer's praetor suit from 2016, you could add a red dot somewhere in the armor and maybe some red thing in the helmet to represent the "mark of the slayer".
And with Eternal, would it be crazy to add the shoulder canon?
I mean, the way how inventory works kinda resembles that.

An extra detail could be a red dot in the back as a reference to Doom 2's cover art (the one where he fights the cybie) but that's just a silly idea.
If you're willing to put together your own concept/prototype, I'm willing to consider it.

Return to “General”