Steamed Hams, but vanilla 1.9 compat

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Steamed Hams, but vanilla 1.9 compat

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

Alright, so, last night I was watching a stream and made a bee movie joke about cacodemons instead of bees, which of course, as any logical person would do, led me to wonder how possible it would be to hack the entire Bee Movie into vanilla doom 2...

of course I quickly decided "fuck that" because that's an hour and 30 minutes of shit to pack into a DOS game, fuck that!

So instead I gave Steamed Hams the ol' 1.9 treatment and after a bit of horrendous hacking with methods that should never be used, I put a meme into doom2.exe.

Here's a video which can basically serve as a replacement for downloading and playing the wad yourself:

In case you don't believe me, and think this is edited or something...
Here's the damn download, which is also in the video description:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... d_Hams.zip
Alternate link if that one doesn't work:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dhd0faj3 ... s.zip/file

THIS SHIT IS NOT GONNA WORK OUTSIDE OF VANILLA OR VANILLA-ACCURATE PORTS. IT ABSOLUTELY RELIES ON THE EXACT BEHAVIOR OF THE ORIGINAL EXECUTABLE TO PROPERLY PLAY.

Hell, this doesn't work at all in any Zdoom family ports. I'd post this on a more general doom forum, except this is the only doom community I've got an account in; and personally it's the only one I want an account in So, here it shall go. "Enjoy".
Last edited by RiboNucleic Asshat on Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSTrooper

Re: Steamed Hams, but vanilla 1.9 compat

Post by PSTrooper »

My kind of wad.
JadedLexi
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by JadedLexi »

:thumb:
Danfun64

Post by Danfun64 »

This works in Chocolate and Crispy. PrBoom-Plus crashes when I load the map. Eternity appears to run this fine (or at least the old version which is the basis of Edward850's BananaSplit fork). Odamex runs without sound. GZDoom and ZDaemon run sound correctly but skip ahead on the video. Also, GZdoom continues to play d_dm2ttl until it ends (it doesn't loop though)

Amusingly, this doesn't crash PrBoom 2.5, and it runs just fine on it.
Marisa the Magician
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I just finished making my own version in vanilla Hexen, with the power of ACS.
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

Thread's already got 3 more responses than I thought there'd be, so hijack away!

Also the more people start putting memes into doom engine games, the more likely we are to have someone just cram the entire bee movie in there and do the work for me
Kizoky
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Kizoky »

RiboNucleic Asshat wrote:Thread's already got 3 more responses than I thought there'd be, so hijack away!

Also the more people start putting memes into doom engine games, the more likely we are to have someone just cram the entire bee movie in there and do the work for me
Stop it satan! You'll create a monstrosity that will eventually go out of control!
JadedLexi

Post by JadedLexi »

RiboNucleic Asshat wrote:Thread's already got 3 more responses than I thought there'd be, so hijack away!

Bee movie but every time you hear the word "Bee" the boss brain sounds play.
Marisa the Magician
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Post by Marisa the Magician »

RiboNucleic Asshat wrote:Also the more people start putting memes into doom engine games, the more likely we are to have someone just cram the entire bee movie in there and do the work for me
I'm... sorry. I already did that.

Edit: Actually, the video got blocked worldwide, so... so much for that.
MFG38
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by MFG38 »

Well, that's certainly creative.

Stuff like this is why I love the Doom community to death.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”