[RELEASE] PSX DOOM / FINALDOOM / DOOM64 on Gzdoom [GEC] ME

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MrRumbleRoses

Re: [RELEASE] PSX DOOM / FINALDOOM / DOOM64 on Gzdoom [GEC]

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

or some odd reason. i can on longer run the Doom 64 mod of this at all. though the PSX ones are fine
Gerardo194

Post by Gerardo194 »

Hmmm, weird... But maybe it could have an explanation. If it used to run before, it means that you might have changed the configuration or you moved the files to another position.
If you have changed some things... please try to get everything jost like you downloaded it, maybe that could help. I hope it runs again for you.

P.s. i'm making a single map for this Doom64 project in order to release the four missing monsters I've been working on :)

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... on-page-1/
Danfun64

Post by Danfun64 »

In the case of my system, it's using the NVidia 419 drivers.
Gerardo194

Post by Gerardo194 »

Danfun64 wrote:For some reason, gamma correction affects the whole system, and then the display driver almost immediately resets the gamma to 1.0 regardless of what it's set to ingame. Regular GZDoom does not have this problem. The "D64 Brightness" setting is a good substitude, maybe even better than traditional gamma correction, but I would still like the original setting to work right.
Hmmm, weird bug... Could you please try to test the official GZDoom 1.9.1 to see if this problem also happens there?
Gerardo194

Post by Gerardo194 »

Danfun64 wrote:In the case of my system, it's using the NVidia 419 drivers.
We are not able to do testings on that kind of drivers in this moment :(
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Gerardo194 wrote:Hmmm, weird... But maybe it could have an explanation. If it used to run before, it means that you might have changed the configuration or you moved the files to another position.
If you have changed some things... please try to get everything jost like you downloaded it, maybe that could help. I hope it runs again for you.

P.s. i'm making a single map for this Doom64 project in order to release the four missing monsters I've been working on :)

that's the thing. i never did anything differently. it just now gives me an error when loading up the Doom 64 one
Danfun64

Post by Danfun64 »

Can confirm that the issue exists in GZDoom 1.9.1 . Maybe it'll be fixed once this project is updated to the GZDoom 4.0 codebase.
Gerardo194

Post by Gerardo194 »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:
Gerardo194 wrote:Hmmm, weird... But maybe it could have an explanation. If it used to run before, it means that you might have changed the configuration or you moved the files to another position.

that's the thing. i never did anything differently. it just now gives me an error when loading up the Doom 64 one
Can you try download it again? Maybe it could help. If the issue still goes on, tell us, please.
Danfun64 wrote:Can confirm that the issue exists in GZDoom 1.9.1 . Maybe it'll be fixed once this project is updated to the GZDoom 4.0 codebase.
Well, it's good to know that... We really hope the stuff included in this project can be added to official GZDoom versions in the future, but it seems to us that there's no interest on it. My brother added many things from Doom64 thanks to Doom64 EX, even there's an unreleased GZDoom Builder that can make Doom64 maps in UDMF format.
Anyway as you might know, my brother is also working on the reverse engineering of PSXDoom and Doom64 and has made a great progress so far; you can check his Github or visit Kaiser's discord.

We also have to fix some bugs of this project and thus release V.3
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Gerardo194 wrote:
MrRumbleRoses wrote:

Can you try download it again? Maybe it could help. If the issue still goes on, tell us, please.
Danfun64 wrote:Can confirm that the issue exists in GZDoom 1.9.1 . Maybe it'll be fixed once this project is updated to the GZDoom 4.0 codebase.
Well, it's good to know that... We really hope the stuff included in this project can be added to official GZDoom versions in the future, but it seems to us that there's no interest on it. My brother added many things from Doom64 thanks to Doom64 EX, even there's an unreleased GZDoom Builder that can make Doom64 maps in UDMF format.
Anyway as you might know, my brother is also working on the reverse engineering of PSXDoom and Doom64 and has made a great progress so far; you can check his Github or visit Kaiser's discord.

We also have to fix some bugs of this project and thus release V.3
i did. and it's still the same
Erick194

Post by Erick194 »

any error image please.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Erick194 wrote:any error image please.
here's what happens https://twitter.com/MrRumbleRoses/statu ... 6096684032
Erick194

Post by Erick194 »

Ok, from what I see you have to replace the gzdoom that contains version 2, since those parameters are created for version 2. With that it has to work.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Erick194 wrote:Ok, from what I see you have to replace the gzdoom that contains version 2, since those parameters are created for version 2. With that it has to work.
how would i replace that, and wouldn't it effect the other things as well with the PSX Doom TC's?
Gerardo194

Post by Gerardo194 »

MrRumbleRoses, How do you run the wads included in this project? Remember they are run by the bat files included in the download. You don't need to copy and paste them into the GZDoom port.

From what I see in your error screen, you are running Doom 64 in GZDoom [GEC]version 1. You have to download the version 2 of the port. Once you download that, I won't affect the other wads. Use the bat files to run the games.
Erick194

Post by Erick194 »

Exactly I leave you the download link of version 2: Master Edition [GEC]_V2, as mentioned by my brother, you will see the following in the uncompressed folder:

just run the .bat files to start the game, if you have saved states, just copy them to the sourceport folder.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”