Zagemod (v1.5.1 Released, pg 25)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Neccronixis

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Post by Neccronixis »

I made some sprite edits to some weapons to make them fit the mod aesthetic better. The rocket launcher is intended to replace the existing one for the marine guy:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z801736rt ... s.zip/file
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

When I saw that Neccronixis had replied to this thread, I knew it'd be something incredible.

The weapon pack for DUMP 3 also has an amazing centered D3 chaingun.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Neccronixis wrote:I made some sprite edits to some weapons to make them fit the mod aesthetic better. The rocket launcher is intended to replace the existing one for the marine guy:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z801736rt ... s.zip/file
Ooh, there's some really nice stuff in here. While I like what I've got for the MarineGuy RL, I might be able to use this for something new for AlphaGuy. I just need to figure out what to do for the altfire.

I'll definitely be putting these to work. Thanks for doing these! :D
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Those are nice edits. :yup:
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

I noticed that the majority of Zagemod's file-size is from the audio files, so I ran through all 1,052 of them and converted whatever I could to the OGG audio format, roughly cutting the mod's size in half. Here's a link to the OGGified sounds, in the hopes you'll take them into consideration for the next release.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9ezexp66i ... G.pk3/file
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:I noticed that the majority of Zagemod's file-size is from the audio files, so I ran through all 1,052 of them and converted whatever I could to the OGG audio format, roughly cutting the mod's size in half. Here's a link to the OGGified sounds, in the hopes you'll take them into consideration for the next release.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9ezexp66i ... G.pk3/file
Oh cool, thank you! I'll implement that as soon as I'm able.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

I downloaded latest Zagemod, and I can't find Cheogsh 2 compat patch (which is in my Zagemod folder since last year). Does this mean I no longer need that compat patch while playing Cheogsh 2 + Zagemod?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Mere_Duke wrote:I downloaded latest Zagemod, and I can't find Cheogsh 2 compat patch (which is in my Zagemod folder since last year). Does this mean I no longer need that compat patch while playing Cheogsh 2 + Zagemod?
Yes, Cheogsh 2 should now be fully supported by Zagemod without need of a patch now. Hence, the patch is no longer included as of I believe v1.3.1. The only thing that needed patching were the keys.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Poking away at v1.3.3. Here are some new additions I'm happy to share with you guys.

Three new weapons for AlphaGuy:
[*] Assault Shotgun - Pump action 12-gauge with specialized Dragon's Breath rounds for twice the damage. (Sprites: ChopBlock223, Mike-12)
[*] Heavy Carbine - A carbine variant of the Heavy Assault Rifle, with integrated 2x zoom scope.
[*] RPG - High velocity rocket launcher with 2x zoom, for picking off cliffside targets at long range. (Sprites: Neccronixis)

New sprites for the following weapons:
[*] Pistol (Credit: HeatBeat9505, ChopBlock223, osjclatchford, Corey Whittle)
[*] Heavy Assault Rifle (Credit: Neccronixis)
[*] BFG-2016 (Credit: Neccronixis)

Compatibility for NC HUD, including new tags for enemies, and specialized grenade counter for ammo display.

More to come.
Dwailing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Dwailing »

Just gotta say that I love how this mod has shaped up. Going from a relatively simple QoL mod for Doom to a compilation of id shooter characters throughout the ages all with an art style that's remarkably consistent while remaining true to the source material and a combination of weapons and enemies that's actually pretty well balanced is no small accomplishment. Do you know if someone has mentioned this yet for this year's Cacowards? I think it would be a strong contender for the gameplay mod of the year.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Dwailing wrote:Just gotta say that I love how this mod has shaped up. Going from a relatively simple QoL mod for Doom to a compilation of id shooter characters throughout the ages all with an art style that's remarkably consistent while remaining true to the source material and a combination of weapons and enemies that's actually pretty well balanced is no small accomplishment. Do you know if someone has mentioned this yet for this year's Cacowards? I think it would be a strong contender for the gameplay mod of the year.
To my knowledge, it hasn't been mentioned for a Cacoward, but I don't often pay attention to that sort of thing. I just like what I do. Modding itself is more fulfilling to me than setting out to win an award. Believe it or not, as long as I've built something that's fun for me to play, I'm happy. Having others enjoy my work is just a nice bonus. :P

I do appreciate the sentiment, though. :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Bloody brilliant update and new features. I'm just glad you're still filled with nice and clever concepts to add more and more. Very nice and new weapon sprites and the sounds, too. Looking forward for more adventurous updates!
namsan

Post by namsan »

Yeah this mod is becoming even better. Having many player classes means more fun.

Suggestion:
Can you make super shotguns able to always gib enemies who really close to the player?
Because shotguns already can gib enemies in the small chance, I think this change fits to your mod.
I don't know how to implement it, but I can remember SSGs of mods like High Noon Drifter or Smooth Doom have this feature.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

namsan wrote:Suggestion:
Can you make super shotguns able to always gib enemies who really close to the player?
Because shotguns already can gib enemies in the small chance, I think this change fits to your mod.
I don't know how to implement it, but I can remember SSGs of mods like High Noon Drifter or Smooth Doom have this feature.
I dunno about always, though there is something implemented for the SSG already. I believe I have it set up so that there are actually two calls to A_FireBullets, the first using a puff with the ExtremeDeath flag. This means that if the first four hitscans kill the target, it will force gibbing.

There are two problems with this method, though.
1.) This will happen at any range, though it is unlikely, due to the SSG's spread.
2.) Gibbing is rare against monsters tougher than standard cannon fodder, like Barons, due to their deep HP pools. It's possible, though, if the cone doesn't fully envelop the target, leading to more shots, but higher chance of gibbing.

So yeah, it's sort of already in. Kinda. This behavior extends to all SGs, and includes the Battle Rifle, albeit at a lower rate (I believe it has to be the first bullet to kill).
namsan

Post by namsan »

Ah ok, thanks for a detailed answer! :D
I looked the code of shotgun weapons before, but I guess I didn't know how it works.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”