LegenDoom [2.8.3] - LDL [4.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: LegenDoom [2.4] - LDL [3.0]

Post by Yholl »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i've run into a bug that seems to consistently crash the game on large maps. if you have the Resupplying effect, then exit the level and enter a rather large one up next, the game will crash all the time with what i assume is a memory issue ("Could not realloc bytes"). any larger than average map should crash, but in my case, it was Black Rain from CC3's Map11 that did it. getting rid of the Resupplying effect makes it start up as normal, and it didn't seem to crash with other passive effects, like Vanguard or Restoring.
I've tested this four times now, it only crashed on the first try. Either way, this is really goddamn alarming and I don't know what to do about it, or even what's causing it.
bisousbisous

Post by bisousbisous »

Anti-Air does not seem to work, or doesn't work with the Super Shotgun. The wiki says a cacodemon will go down in a minimum of 2 SS hits, and a maximum of 3. Therefor, if Anti-Air triples your damage against cacos, lost souls, and pain elementals, I should be one shotting cacos if i get all pellets on them, but I don't.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

are you running this with any mods that alters the monsters, like the DoomRL Monsters pack? currently, that pack isn't compatible with the effects that does 3x damage to enemy types, like Anti-Air.
bisousbisous

Post by bisousbisous »

I was playing with Nashgore and the alfonzone mapset
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

bisousbisous wrote:I was playing with Nashgore and the alfonzone mapset
Unless you're using Nash's Universal Gore mod, that will break any mods that need to change the monster actors.
Yholl

Re: LegenDoom [2.5] - LDL [3.0]

Post by Yholl »

leggydome is now 2.5 because something was broken in new stuff apparently and made me angery

enjoy~
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Yholl wrote:angery
angry-face_1f620.png
angry-face_1f620.png (7.74 KiB) Viewed 2694 times
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Yeah I've also had some issue playing this with Nash Gore, not sure if that's the cause but recently played this on the "The Final Gathering" mapset in Compendium with Ultra Crispy, LDL 3.0, Shades of Doom v2, TargetSpy 1.8, and Nash Gore and once one of the monsters went legendary the game just started to lag badly until the monster was killed. Also had this happen with LegenDoom 2.5 and Nash Gore in Equinox's 1st map early on.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

it looks like the Group Therapy Rocket Launcher doesn't work properly now. killing enemies with it doesn't seem to generate any explosions at all.

edit: on further inspection, it does work, but the way it works is a bit wonky. you have to kill an enemy and have it be a bit apart from other monsters for any explosions to appear. if you kill something and it's too close to another enemy, no explosions seems to occur. an easy way to check this is to have two lost souls fight each other, then shoot at them. if they're too close, only one of them dies, and if they're a bit apart, then both of them die.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Really minor bug report with LegenDoom Lite.
Spoiler:
Yholl

Re: LegenDoom [2.6] - LDL [3.1]

Post by Yholl »

THE YOLEWAVE HAS BEEN UNLEASHED
Both LegenDoom and Lite have been updated! If you play Lite with DRLA, make sure you use the latest of both.
As always, check the changelog for details.
Renzokuken

Post by Renzokuken »

Minor issue with Heretical Doom and LegenDoom Lite, Golems have very stuttery movement movement and slowly inch across the map when they turn legendary.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Renzokuken wrote:Minor issue with Heretical Doom and LegenDoom Lite, Golems have very stuttery movement movement and slowly inch across the map when they turn legendary.
Thats more on my fault with Heretical Doom Monsters, there's a bug in the current version involving ultra high aggressiveness ratings on their chase pattern. It's being fixed for the next version :)
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Also, it seems that even with Die.EXE active, additional spawns on Hexen aren't Legendary...
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

AvzinElkein wrote:Also, it seems that even with Die.EXE active, additional spawns on Hexen aren't Legendary...
Spawned monsters in general don't ever get rolled legendary, it's just a lot less prominent in Doom since most maps don't do it. A couple of exceptions are Joy of Mapping 6 E1M8 with the room that spawns in waves of Imps, and also with DRLA if you acquire a demonic weapon the guardian boss monsters that spawn in after 100% kills won't ever be legendary either. Which is nice since I make all boss monsters legendary and playing like that is for masochists only. It's nice having some exceptions.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”