[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JudgeGroovy

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Post by JudgeGroovy »

For the record I just tried merging the patch into Trailblazer, via extracting them both to folders, pasting the patch contents into the main folder, then putting it all into a zip file. Then running that, or renaming the zip to pk3. I get this error:

Script error, "Trailblazer_v1.4c.pk3:decorate/items/berserk.txt" line 35:
Parent type 'TBPowerupPortableBase' not found in BerserkPortable

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "Trailblazer_v1.4c.pk3:decorate/items/berserk.txt" line 37:
'@property@inventory.pickupmessage' is an unknown actor property

I don't get an error when trying to run 1.4c without trying my attempt at the patched/merged version though, in GZDoom 3.7.2.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Hehe that's exactly why I'm not attempting it myself, thanks for the heads up JudgeGroovy. Hopefully whoever made the patch will put a link to his patched version, although I haven't had no issues with this in GZDoom 3.7.2.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

I don't have a patched version; I just load the patch after the base mod package.

Although I think it's weird that you're getting errors on a file I didn't even change with the patch.

EDIT: I see the issue now. If you want to merge the patch with the base mod package, you'll have to copy the stuff from CVARINFO, MENUDEF, and ZSCRIPT in the patch to the stuff in the base package, rather than replacing each file in the base package.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Talon1024 wrote:EDIT: I see the issue now. If you want to merge the patch with the base mod package, you'll have to copy the stuff from CVARINFO, MENUDEF, and ZSCRIPT in the patch to the stuff in the base package, rather than replacing each file in the base package.
Thanks for clarifying that Talon! Works just fine loading the zip file along with v1.4c :D
JudgeGroovy

Post by JudgeGroovy »

Thanks! That works like a charm.

While I'm here, I just have to mention this mod is as ever an incredible work. Triumphant. :thumb:
honeypony

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4b, Only fools rush in

Post by honeypony »

m8f wrote:Hello!
I had a minor issue. I'm just leaving a note here if somebody will meet the same problem.
If Trailblazer is loaded with Beautiful Doom (Trailblazer after BD), shotgunguy becomes invisible right before and after firing.
It happens because Trailblazer and Beautiful Doom use the same sprite name SPSR*.
I fixed this locally by replacing "SPSR" in Trailblazer with "SPSZ" in two files:
Spoiler:
That's all, no more problems. I hope there is no more name conflicts.
By the way, it's satisfying to see imps and zombies burn after being shot by Chrome Justice or Bitchmaker.
And thanks for making this great weapon mod, it is great!

Edit: one more note regarding compatibility with Beautiful Doom. Sorry I didn't notice it earlier.
When loading The Trailblazer after Beautiful Doom, for unknown reason Invulnerability sphere remains of Beautiful Doom and is not overwritten with Trailblazer's. So it is isn't affected by Alchemist's Potency and cannot be stored. I don't know why, but adding this line

Code: Select all

ACTOR InvulnerabilitySpawner : InvulsphereItem replaces InvulnerabilitySphere {}
to Decorate/Spawners.txt fixes this issue.
just registered to ask if there's another fix for the flashing shotgunguys
i did what the comment above suggests - no go, do people use the mod combo at all?
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Just checked, the fix is still working.

1. Download the latest Beautiful Doom (v6.3.2) from here;
2. Download the latest Trailblazer (v1.4c) from here;
3. Download Slade from here;
4. Open Trailblazer with Slade;
5. Go to Decorate/Weapons/ChromeJustice.txt;
6. Press Ctrl+F. The "search and replace" panel appears at the bottom of the text editor;
7. Enter "SPSR" to "Find What" field;
8. Enter "SPSZ" to "Replace With" field;
9. Click "Replace All" button at the bottom right;
10. Click "Save" button at the top of the text editor (below "Entry Contents" label);
11. Go to Textures.Auto.txt;
12. Click "Replace All" button at the bottom right again;
13. Click "Save" button at the top of the text editor (below "Entry Contents" label) again;
14. Press Ctrl+S.
15. Load Beautiful Doom before Trailbazer.
16. The shotgunner is visible all the time.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

As someone who has played with that combo for many hours I want to let people know that beautiful doom will crash the game if an enemy explodes in the ceiling, which is the case with spikebombs + cacodemons. It may have been fixed either on gzdoom's end or BD's as I was using 6.3 at the time and gzdoom 3.4.1.

Also, EVP is another fine way of improving the look of the vanilla monsters but as I haven't tested that together there's no telling of any sprite conflicts.
honeypony

Post by honeypony »

m8f wrote:Just checked, the fix is still working.
i got it working now, and apparently i can't follow simple instructions which makes me mad at myself more than happy that i can play the mods together
thank u
Dutchygamer

Post by Dutchygamer »

I've been trying Trailblazer together with my custom monster mod, and I've run into an oddity that is unique to Trailblazer. I've got various monster projectiles that spawn gas clouds, with the following code:

Code: Select all

ACTOR GasCloudBase
{
	Radius 6 
	Height 6 
	Projectile
	DamageType Poison
	RENDERSTYLE translucent
	ALPHA 0.50
	+THRUACTORS	
	BounceType Hexen
	BounceFactor 1.0
	WallBounceFactor 1.0
	var int user_lifetime;
}

ACTOR LargeGasCloud : GasCloudBase
{
	States
	{
	Spawn: 
		GGAS ABC 4
		TNT1 A 0 A_SetUserVar("user_lifetime",random(10,12))
	SpawnLoop:
		TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(user_lifetime == 0,"Death")
		TNT1 A 0 A_SetUserVar("user_lifetime",user_lifetime-1)
		GGAS DEFG 4 A_Explode(1,45,0)
		Loop
	Death: 
		GGAS D 4 A_SetTranslucent(0.40)
		TNT1 A 0 A_Explode(1,30,0)
		GGAS C 4 A_SetTranslucent(0.30)
		TNT1 A 0 A_Explode(1,20,0)
		GGAS B 4 A_SetTranslucent(0.20)
		TNT1 A 0 A_Explode(1,10,0)
		GGAS A 4 A_SetTranslucent(0.10)
		Stop
	}
}
In the various gameplay mods I've tried this with, the gas clouds deal damage to the player as intended. With Trailblazer, the player is immune to the damage. I've looked around into the various bits and pieces of Trailblazer DECORATE / Zscript, but I can't find any player immunity. If I change the DamageType from Poison to a custom damagetype (or remove it all together for that matter), the results are the same; player doesn't receive damage.

Now I'm wondering what kind of super-immunity Malcolm has, or has his smoking habit made him immune to any kind of gas-based attack? :P

PS: this is not a bug report, I'm just interested to know what causes this oddity.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Malcolm takes 20% less damage and in doom any fractional damage is round down.

DamageFactor "Normal", 0.8; // found in zscript/blazer
Dutchygamer

Post by Dutchygamer »

Rowsol wrote:Malcolm takes 20% less damage and in doom any fractional damage is round down.

DamageFactor "Normal", 0.8; // found in zscript/blazer
Missed that part. Thanks for the quick explanation :)
Tuckymonster
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Tuckymonster »

mt fav mod for gzdoom, also may i use the font for a iwad?
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Tuckymonster wrote:mt fav mod for gzdoom, also may i use the font for a iwad?
Both smallfont and bigfont in it are my work, so yea, go ahead. Just remember to credit that it came from this mod.
mutator

Post by mutator »

Not the right thread but I wanted to say I've played guncaster's most recent update and the mod has been changed alot ever since the first version of it I tried.. anyway, I also seen some progress with trailblazer that there's a weapon that uses ammunition from both guns which is very cool looking I am looking forward to try that one as well since guncaster and trailblazer are one of my favorite mods of all times! Pillow, do you know how long it would roughly take to release second update? I am pretty sure mod would have more updates besides the new weapon that was featured in the video, I am very excited to see how it turns out!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”