DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sokoro

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Post by Sokoro »

I must say that Yholl made hell of a job at cleaning and organizing the file structure, this makes it so much pleasuring to work with. :D
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

affandede wrote:I like to see myself as a good Doom player but holy hell, those Bruiser Brothers are buffed. You are basically dead if the map you are playing decides to throw them at you on an open field.
*Laughs in Malek's Armor*

EDIT:Found a bug with the scrounger's backpack. You always pick up the big ammo, even if you're full. Terribly wasteful if you're not careful.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

KILLER2 wrote:I found a bug. If you enable "fancy projectiles" that enables "bullet ricochets" accompanied with sounds, but the same bullet ricochet sounds play on the revenant's missle trail which is a big confusing and annoying.
Not a bug, this happens in any mod ever that alters bulletpuffs.
KILLER2 wrote:Also, the "loud revenant wake up noise" bug that was reported a few replies ago is still happening.
I fixed all the heavy revenant sounds, but the basic revenant uses the default doom ones, so I don't know how that can be.
affandede wrote:I like to see myself as a good Doom player but holy hell, those Bruiser Brothers are buffed. You are basically dead if the map you are playing decides to throw them at you on an open field.
They are pretty nasty, yeah. I might try and nerf them again.
Sokoro wrote:Is it intended to do 50-60 damage for normal characters, but only 80 damage with scout? because that is only 1.5x multiplier bonus.
That is an 8x multiplier. The base damage is 10.
Sokoro wrote:I must say that Yholl made hell of a job at cleaning and organizing the file structure, this makes it so much pleasuring to work with. :D
Yeah, for me too. Although for the most part, the person responsible for that is Ryan_Cordell, rather than me. He did the .pk3 conversion himself, amongst so many other cool things!
KILLER2 wrote:EDIT:Found a bug with the scrounger's backpack. You always pick up the big ammo, even if you're full. Terribly wasteful if you're not careful.
Intentional, it didn't do that before because of a really weird and stupid zdoom thing. Would you rather I remove it?
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Yholl wrote:
They are pretty nasty, yeah. I might try and nerf them again.
I don't think that's necessary. I fought them without the fireproof synergy and it went allright for me. I did have plasma redirection though. If you gonna nerf anything, nerf the goddamn 24k hp legendary Abominant that oneshots me through my plasma shield! (yes, yes, I know it's my fault for messing with LegenDoom lite's settings. I deserve this, sorry for bothering you)
Yholl wrote:Intentional, it didn't do that before because of a really weird and stupid zdoom thing. Would you rather I remove it?
Wait if that's intentional...does that mean all big ammo gives u small ammo for the chosen gun? I thought only bigammo of the same type. Serves me right for skimming through the text fast anxiously waiting for more carnage. It works fine then, just my bad with misinterpreting the text.

EDIT:As for the loud revenant sound, I don't think it's caused by any revenant. It seems to randomly trigger when I do stuff with my weapons. Reloading, possibly switching them. IDK. It's just some random loud as hell revenant wake up noise that just happens sometimes out of nowhere.
lwks

Post by lwks »

Is there a way to make enemies from a higher difficulty NOT spawn on a lower one? Keep finding Mech and Nightmare enemies on my Standard run. I thought I'd seen an option for this on the menu but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Also, how does armor protection works? I don't have much of an idea.
Last edited by lwks on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Projectile multiplying effects seem to either not stack with shellshock or stack INVERSELY. I applied a bulk mod pack to the MIRV and the projectile count seems to either have stayed the same, barely increased (instead of massively as stated by the tooltip), or actually decreased by a little. I'm not sure which. Ditto with the steel beast. While the firestorm mod seems to have massively increased pellet count, the damage doesn't seem to have increased that much (probably because shellshock was providing a bigger bonus to the unmodded gun than to the modded one). Could you look into this/explain to me how this works please? It's very confusing. In the meantime I won't even use +projectiles modpacks on renegade.
EDIT:Green modpack also does next to nothing on MIRV while using renegade. I guess I'll stick with red. Higher damage has to work, RIGHT?!

EDIT2:I kind of feel like Malek's set shouldn't also protect you from the projectile damage of fire enemies. I mean...that trivializes so many bosses...nightmare manc, Cyberdemon, Cyberdemon mk2, Bruiser brothers, as well as plenty regular enemies like the revenant and manc (then again...it kinds looks like pure fire). Getting a nightmare Cyberdemon/B Brother/Cyber mk2 for the guaranteed loot drop with no threat feels a bit...disgusting.

EDIT3:Jeez I keep running into questions with this mod :D I was wondering if using "changemap" to artificially reload the map breaks/resets the progressive difficulty. I noticed the spawns getting a lot easier on a couple of occasions while doing this.

EDIT4:Found another bug. The Pheonix B device suit's stats don't match the description. It's not indestructible, it can be repaired and destroyed, and the plasma explosion doesn't work even on full cells (it uses 50 cells but didn't do any damage to a big group of revenants).
Last edited by KILLER2 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lwks

Post by lwks »

KILLER2 wrote:Getting a nightmare Cyberdemon/B Brother/Cyber mk2 for the guaranteed loot drop with no threat feels a bit...disgusting.
Wait, do bosses drop loot?
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

If you use LegendoomLite in tandem with DRLA, all legendary monsters spawned by LegendoomLite drop loot. There's even some cute special cases I found that work only with DRLA (a certain cyberdemon variant dropping it's weapon on death, for instance).
Bubuche

Post by Bubuche »

I found that 1.1.1 was available only yesterday evening. I played with it a bit and so far so good.

I will try to do my best finding errors and reporting them as I did previously (with an explanation on how/why this bug exists). It may take time anyway, as I first want to play with it without bothering too much.

However, I already have several questions and remarks.
1/ the nes assault shotgun design is really cool. And its reload animation is also cool. But ... it is hidden behind the hud. Maybe it's the resolution I use (I realized that it's maybe the resolution just right now, while writing this post). But if it's not the case, it's a bit sad, because it's badass and deserve to be right in the middle of the screen. But it's not a bug. It's a way to say "amazing !"
2/ Do you use a software to generate code or do you write everything by hand ? To say it in an other way : do you describe your mod in an abstract way and let a tool do the plumbing, or do you write everything yourself ?
I know, you may think it's none of my business. But if I know that there is some automation behind the code I am looking at, I may skip some verification (like verifying every single recipe work in every single order => if it's done automatically from an order-insensitive description, well then, if one recipe is ok there is no need to check others).
3/ Do I have the right to create a "patch" for your mod ? I am NOT saying "do I have the right to modify your mod and reupload it". I am expressively saying : "do I have the right to create something to add at the end of the load order that will redefine (some/most) lumps/entities".
And I am NOT asking "I am capable of". I am asking : "do I have the right". Legally and humanly (if you don't want, I will not do that)
4/ On the chaingun, I have informations on the damage, bullets used etc. (in the PDA). I don't have these informations on, for example, the high-power assault rifle. I don't think it's a BUG. I don't even think it's a mistake (like : you forgot to do it). I think it's more that the chaingun received a very carefully written explanation and other guns kept the old one. Do you confirm ?
(if it's the case, this would be one thing that would deserve to be in the "patch" I mentioned).
(5/ is there a "map" with all weapons/armors etc in it ? Ok, you don't need to answer this question, I will have a look myself, sorry :) )

I will have more pertinent post once I will have had a look at the code.
Somewhere in my mind I have a light with the word "translation" blinking. But before reinventing the wheel, I will have a look at existing tools designed for i18n for doom mods.

Great great great job anyway.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

PDA says contradictory things about modpacks on the bulletstorm rifle, and possibly bulletstorm chaingun too
bulk and technical
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Bubuche wrote: 4/ On the chaingun, I have informations on the damage, bullets used etc. (in the PDA). I don't have these informations on, for example, the high-power assault rifle. I don't think it's a BUG. I don't even think it's a mistake (like : you forgot to do it). I think it's more that the chaingun received a very carefully written explanation and other guns kept the old one. Do you confirm ?
It's not an error or forgetting to do something. There are so many guns that it would've pushed the release way too far into the future as it takes very long time to find all these stats. Yholl said they will do all the guns eventually.
Trar

Post by Trar »

Congrats on a quality bug patch and 400 pages!
Pokky

Post by Pokky »

Great update but I found a few bugs. Blueprint computer shows old information for jackhammer on screen instead of the new one.
Demolition battle rifle's charge handle is in the wrong position.

affandede

Post by affandede »

Cyberdemons and plasma shotgunners can't hit you from a height. It is hilarious fighting (?) a cybie who just bombards the ceiling in front of him while you fill him full of lead.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

affandede wrote:Cyberdemons and plasma shotgunners can't hit you from a height. It is hilarious fighting (?) a cybie who just bombards the ceiling in front of him while you fill him full of lead.
This is fixed in GZDoom 3.8 (not released yet) and is not a problem in GZDoom 2.1/ZDoom 2.8.1, so please use those in the meantime.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”