[WIP] Mars Undying PreAlpha FEEDBACK COPIES AVAILABLE!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Noahvader

[WIP] Mars Undying PreAlpha FEEDBACK COPIES AVAILABLE!

Post by Noahvader »

A total conversion mod designed by FailSafe Interactive, it is positively unfinished but what it has so far is promising. The aim of the game is to make it through each level alive. IT CAN be played with other maps, but the enemies act way different than they're vanilla counterparts.

IMPORTANT: Link to the informative YT video with the prealpha info. (We want to keep feedback as close to us as possible so we don't miss anything important before we go public.)

https://youtu.be/dq5Tlej3tVM

Main info and credits...

All of the weapons have been redone and have new roles in combat. no weapon is too under powered (except the pistol of course,) and even if you have plenty of ammo, you'll be switching weapons constantly.

The enemy roster is designed to operate like Blood's, they'll kill you repeatedly until you learn how to read and avoid their attack patterns. It'll seem cheap at first I admit, but I promise, the worst is yet to come. :evil:

As a result of this, playing on lower difficulties is not shameful, and is actively encouraged for newcomers. Unless your name is Collegia Titanica because I dare him to play on Nightmare, just so I can see him cry like a little baby. (Kidding, I love ya man)

The sprites have been stolen from a few sources, credit will be given. Special shoutout to spriteartists CarrotMaster, MOA Dixon, Clay, Dox778, and Mr. Typical, those dudes are amazing.

I took plenty of resources from Realm 667, but most have been re-coded to fit in the game.

Sound design by, Andrew Hulshult, MarkieMusic, Niko.NET, Mr. Caffeine, and Noah Marini.

Map Design is done by Noah Marini.

Special thanks to The Zombie, Kars, Ultraviolence, and Mr. Icarus.

Guns are numerous and different, they can all do the job, but have situations where they're most effective. handle with care.
Spoiler:
Monsters are almost unfairly designed. But I'll list them below.

Directly replaces monsters:
Spoiler:
Link to the Failsafe Interactive YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcb6T5 ... mJb0R7slUA

Subscribe for Mars Undying Development Diaries and Spoilers.

Spoiler Free-ish first level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFKQlRrpnIE&t=272s

I hope you boys enjoy!
Last edited by Noahvader on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Mars Undying Pre Pre Pre Alpha

Post by wildweasel »

This is a lot of information, but do you have any screenshots or video?
Noahvader

Re: Mars Undying Pre Pre Pre Alpha

Post by Noahvader »

Yes I do, I'll implement them later, I literally just posted to save my progress 'cause I'm a dumbass. My apologies.
Clay

Re: [WIP] Mars Undying PreAlpha FEEDBACK COPIES AVAILABLE!

Post by Clay »

Wait so what resources of mine did you use?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”