Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Works with 3.7.2 :D

Post by Vostyok »

Lol.

That's pretty cool. Reminds me of Far Cry "first-aid" animations (well, the ones where you aren't popping your dislocated thumb back into place, blech).

I dig it.
Mugwump

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Works with 3.7.2 :D

Post by Mugwump »

Is it possible to have a mirror to the download links? Somehow I'm having trouble getting the MediaFire download to completion. Thanks!
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Mugwump wrote:Is it possible to have a mirror to the download links? Somehow I'm having trouble getting the MediaFire download to completion. Thanks!
Of course. Try this mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7nhsh5nfccta ... 5.zip?dl=0

Let me know if you have trouble playing. The included readme file includes basic instructions for file ordering (important!)
SLON
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SLON »

PoptartNoahh wrote:heres something i thought would be cool
I think this is too much. This is not what is the "typical-90s-FPS-style".
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Yeah, this is something (like Crafting, Inventory screens, Iron sights and Bleeding) which has been requested before but would not really fit the style. I have been tentatively thinking about doing a hideous destructor type mutator which will add these features as well as randomised weapons and enemies, but later.
Zero95

Post by Zero95 »

Dude it's really hard to register in this forum, I love your mod :D
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Haha, sorry to hear of your difficulty. But thank you for the kind words. :D
Kubeusz

Post by Kubeusz »

Hi, I've just registered to say - this mod is so fucking cool. I killed "Fallout Master looking boss" couple of minutes ago. Huh too much to say. I can't wait for the rest episodes. Everything kicks ass, But is there a new version? On youtube I saw map "Temple of dollars" but I didn't play this, I had holocaust highway - subway - terminus - the city - damage control :/
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Kubeusz wrote:Hi, I've just registered to say - this mod is so fucking cool. I killed "Fallout Master looking boss" couple of minutes ago. Huh too much to say. I can't wait for the rest episodes. Everything kicks ass, But is there a new version? On youtube I saw map "Temple of dollars" but I didn't play this, I had holocaust highway - subway - terminus - the city - damage control :/
Secret map. You can take an alternate route out of the subway by using the yellow key and activating the gas supply.

But happy you enjoyed it. We can't confirm when episode 2 will be released but work is continuing on it.

Oh, and check out dead man walking if you haven't already :D
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

I remember seeing some plan to ditch the Glock, will this plan only affect Episode 2 + EP3? Or will it be applied retroactively as well? That's even if it's still on the cards in the first place.

Personally I say keep it, like the shotgun it's a very good, and effective enough workhorse, especially for longer ranges.
Kubeusz

Post by Kubeusz »

Vostyok wrote:
Kubeusz wrote:Hi, I've just registered to say - this mod is so fucking cool. I killed "Fallout Master looking boss" couple of minutes ago. Huh too much to say. I can't wait for the rest episodes. Everything kicks ass, But is there a new version? On youtube I saw map "Temple of dollars" but I didn't play this, I had holocaust highway - subway - terminus - the city - damage control :/
Secret map. You can take an alternate route out of the subway by using the yellow key and activating the gas supply.

But happy you enjoyed it. We can't confirm when episode 2 will be released but work is continuing on it.

Oh, and check out dead man walking if you haven't already :D
Dead man walking? Another mod? I want it :)
Kubeusz

Post by Kubeusz »

Will be more vehicles in EP2/EP3? Maybe there will be map in Fury Road style ;)
himmelreich

Post by himmelreich »

Well, I completed episode one on hardcore survival three times already. What else can I say? Can't wait for the second one. :)
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Kubeusz wrote:Will be more vehicles in EP2/EP3? Maybe there will be map in Fury Road style ;)
Let's just go full on Twisted Metal / Crossout.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

XLightningStormL wrote:I remember seeing some plan to ditch the Glock, will this plan only affect Episode 2 + EP3? Or will it be applied retroactively as well? That's even if it's still on the cards in the first place.

Personally I say keep it, like the shotgun it's a very good, and effective enough workhorse, especially for longer ranges.
The Glock's functions (accuracy and cheap ammo) have been both superceded by the changes to the revolver and machine pistol. But I've no intention of removing it entirely. Mostly for the second episode, as it would have less purpose. I'll be leaving it in the code though, so that you'll still find it in episode 1 and DMW, since you get more use out of it in those two. I might change my mind, but it's not looking likely...
Kubeusz wrote: Will be more vehicles in EP2/EP3? Maybe there will be map in Fury Road style ;)
There will be some changes (well, in-story modifications) to the motorcycle to make it a bit more fun to use. I'm considering adding another, special way of getting around, but I'll have to see how that little plan pans out. I'm trying out something I haven't seen in a Doom mod before.
himmelreich wrote:Well, I completed episode one on hardcore survival three times already. What else can I say? Can't wait for the second one. :)
Happy you liked it. To be honest, quite a few people have found the harder difficulties not quite challenging enough, so I'll be reworking how they affect gameplay. It's not going to be completely unfair or cheap, just a bit more unforgiving of mistakes. The expanded bestiary should also give me more options for challenging, dynamic encounters.
PRIMEVAL wrote:
Kubeusz wrote:Will be more vehicles in EP2/EP3? Maybe there will be map in Fury Road style ;)
Let's just go full on Twisted Metal / Crossout.
Haha that's a fun thought. The first Road Wars Doom mod! Pick up roof mounted miniguns and exhaust mines instead of shotguns and megaspheres. :lol:

I might YouTube both of those again. The deep desert sections I have in mind might need some cool style ideas.

Well, this was a massive reply dump. But I want to show off some stuff soon. Trying to put a video out next month, as well as some screenshots, but I'll have to see what I can get done. Many thanks to the guys who have been helping out with a few new things the last few weeks!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”