Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [ON HOLD]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
guitardz
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod (formerly Peter's Sexy HUD)

Post by guitardz »

NightFright wrote:@guitardz

I have experimented with adding "ARMS" info to the split bar in a subtle way. Here is an idea:

I intentionally did not put it on top of the ammo counter since it would collide with the "Bottom Left" setting of the level stats positioning.
This could be in the next version if there are no objections.
I like it. Very nice and simple :)
guitardz
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by guitardz »

Here is a mod that does it in an interesting way for BTSX. However it looks like it uses custom, btsx specific graphics so wouldn't work for everything. But it might be worth looking at to get some ideas, I guess.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35983&hilit=BTSX+hud+fullscreen

By the way I found this on the same page where I found your HUD, a list of BTSX specific mods. I chose yours over this one because it kept the mugshot, and I could use it for other wads.
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=59373&p=1039130#p1039130
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

This mod is in my Global Autoload. I love it.
XxMiltenXx
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by XxMiltenXx »

Thanks for the interpolation implementation!
NightFright wrote:@guitardz

I have experimented with adding "ARMS" info to the split bar in a subtle way. Here is an idea:

I intentionally did not put it on top of the ammo counter since it would collide with the "Bottom Left" setting of the level stats positioning.
This could be in the next version if there are no objections.
It might work, but maybe you can implement multiple versions?
I'd prefer it if the whole weapon segment is shown. Either beside the face or between the health and the face segment. Or maybe the user can also select that it is shown on the right, beside the armor counter.
Another alternative would be to split it up: Like Heretic keys only 3 items are shown. Weapon number 2, 3 and 4 is shown in a segment from top to bottom beside the face segment, and 5, 6 and 7 is shown beside the armor segment. Although the latter might be a little confusing to some people
7HEPOW
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by 7HEPOW »

Very nice mod! Just threw it in my configs where appropiate. :)

Any chance of having Strife support too? Or is it too much of a hassle with the popup screens and such!?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 4.73 released

Post by NightFright »

ARMS info has been added to the split bar. For now, it's only going to be on top of the mugshot (which is also roughly where you would expect it to be since that's where normally the ARMS patch would be placed).
[Please note that the Pirate Doom! patch (pirates_fshfix.wad) has also been updated for this occasion since it's the only addon with an SBARINFO file in it.]

Changelog v4.73 (Mar 7, 2019):
[DOOM/CHEX] Split bar: ARMS numbers added to left panel (on top of mugshot)

Chex preview:

(Doom preview in OP)

@ XxMiltenXx
I did not implement more ARMS options for now due to several reasons, mainly because:
- Aligning numbers to both front sides of the bars would cause problems when statusbars need to be split differently (e.g. in HacX). It needs to be in a place that always stays the same.
- Readding the ARMS patch on either side results in an asymmetrical arrangement which simply doesn't look good, and I am not willing to sacrifice the mugshot - even if it's just an option.
Should I come up with new ideas, I'll let you know. Still, with this release the split bar has all the info from the full statusbar for the first time, so it's something!

@ 7HEPOW
Adding Strife would be nice but won't happen because GZDoom does not support SBARINFO for that game. Considering how long it's already missing, I doubt the situation will ever change.

Download link in OP.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Does this HUD have support for Zscript custom mugshots? If not is that possible? Or a patch for Zscript?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

This mod is pure SBARINFO with a bit of ACS for the level stats. ZScript is unfortunately beyond my skills. If such an option exists, it would need to be provided by someone else.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Really liking the hud. Any chance you'd ad an option to display alt-ammo for weapons with two ammo types?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 4.74 released

Post by NightFright »

I did what I could to add secondary ammo support - for normal and Boom colors. It's not perfect and the ammo overview on the right side will still not be accurate, but you should at least see how much primary and secondary ammo you have for your currently selected weapon. I had to use INDEXFONT for this, so the numbers are going to be smaller. When using weapons without secondary ammo (like in vanilla Doom), display will still look the way it did before (with HUDFONT). Hope this pleases everyone. :)

CHANGELOG v4.74 (Mar 14, 2019)
[DOOM/CHEX] Secondary ammo display support

UPDATE Mar 14, 13:54
Small code update. Please redownload if you got the file before.
P41R47

Post by P41R47 »

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "fullscrn_huds.pk3:cvarinfo" line 1:
cvar 'fullhud_boom' already exists

This happends with iwad harm1.1. There are no other mod loaded. Previous version worked fine.
Also, it would be awesome if you could add wolfenDoom support
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

You must be loading the mod twice. I didn't change anything about cvars. This only happens if you try to redefine the cvar which means you are loading the same cvarinfo again.

And it already supports WolfenDoom. Unless widescreen bars are used or we are talking about Blade of Agony. For that it's gonna be hard since the game contains fullscreen elements like the stealth meter which would collide with a statusbar. I am not even sure if BoA has one at all, and if it doesn't, there's no point in requesting support.
P41R47

Post by P41R47 »

NightFright wrote:You must be loading the mod twice. I didn't change anything about cvars. This only happens if you try to redefine the cvar which means you are loading the same cvarinfo again.

And it already supports WolfenDoom. Unless widescreen bars are used or we are talking about Blade of Agony. For that it's gonna be hard since the game contains fullscreen elements like the stealth meter which would collide with a statusbar. I am not even sure if BoA has one at all, and if it doesn't, there's no point in requesting support.
Thanks NightFright! I found the error myself, it was a conflict between global autoloads an specific game autoload.
I mean LasRojaz's WolfenDoom. I recently found that i had a pack of mission by las rojaz from modDB all in .pk7 that added widescreen bars. Thats why the fullscreen mod doesn´t worked at all. Sorry for the trouble.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 4.75 released

Post by NightFright »

Updated the secondary ammo display. Instead of using SMALLFONT like in the ammo overview, it's now shown in INDEXFONT which is bigger, easier to read and fits better with the health/armor numbers.

CHANGELOG v4.75 (Mar 16, 2019)
[DOOM/CHEX] INDEXFONT for secondary ammo display replaced with SMALLFONT

Preview:

(Note: This is just a test screenshot with 2x primary ammo instead of secondary ammo so you can see the arrangement of numbers. Primary ammo would be on top, secondary below.)
Chalibluefin

Post by Chalibluefin »

Seem to be having a problem with the hud where it is not displaying the huds for certain pwads properly. Tried with Scythe 2 and Valiant and the same hud always appears rather than the respective huds for either of them.

GZDoom Version: 3.6
Using latest version of Fullscreen Statusbar
Load Order:

wadfile.wad
Smoothdoom.pk3
fullscrn_huds.pk3
crosshairhp.pk3

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”