Peter's Sexy HUD

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Re: Peter's Sexy HUD

Post by m8f »

A small suggestion: if you put

Code: Select all

DrawNumber 3, HUDFONT_DOOM, green, ammo1, 44, -29;
before weaponammo lines like this:
Spoiler:
You'll get a fallback ammo print. If the current ammo is clip, or shell, or rocketammo, or cells, their colored string will overwrite that fallback print. If it's not, at least the number is printed. You'll get better compatibility with mods that have additional weapons with new ammo types.

Also, maybe creating a separate topic is worthwile, or splitting this one? It's will be more convenient to share the links to Fullscreen HUDs OP than to comments.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Good idea! This may solve the issue people are having when using this with stuff like Brutal Doom. I will implement this next week when I get access to a computer again. Thanks a lot for pointing this out!

When I release the next version, I'll probably open a new thread for it, also to gather the patches and Hexen widescreen sprites in one place. Not without referring to this thread, ofc.
guitardz
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by guitardz »

NightFright wrote:There are many pwads out there and I cannot test them all. If I didn't cover a mod which doesn't work 100% with this, just mention it here and I'll look into it.
I've found that the Eviternity and Epic 2 fixes seem to work for most wads that are cut off a bit. Is there a possibility to have the arms on screen with split mode in a future version?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

You should post in the other thread now. :P

I could make another toggle to choose between mugshot or arms patch in split mode. Having both at the same time will be difficult.

In general, the mugshot gives you more than the arms display: Once you have collected all weapons, the whole thing is virtually useless. It also shouldn't be too hard to keep in mind which weapons you already collected and which ones are still missing.
The mugshot helps all the time, showing your condition and informing about directional damage. On top of that, there are mods which change the mugshot and you wouldn't wanna miss it.
guitardz
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by guitardz »

I just saw the new thread and new version, i'll be following that one now :)

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”