[v0.11.1-rc2] ZetaBot: The ZScript Bot

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GiraffeMan

Re: ζetaBots: The ZScript Bot

Post by GiraffeMan »

I'm a literal retard and don't know how to operate this mod. I load it up and nothing's changed. How do I actually play this mod? Please and thank you.
killbotvii

Post by killbotvii »

GiraffeMan wrote:I'm a literal retard and don't know how to operate this mod. I load it up and nothing's changed. How do I actually play this mod? Please and thank you.
So I also didn't know what to do, but I figured it out. Just open the console and type "addbot" without the "s. Every time you type that, it adds one bot to your game. It can go up to 8 bots, I believe.
vólentiæn

Post by vólentiæn »

these are still better than zandronum bots
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

GiraffeMan wrote:I'm a literal retard and don't know how to operate this mod. I load it up and nothing's changed. How do I actually play this mod? Please and thank you.
Lol, me too. Also, If you type "Spawn Zetabot" it also works, But they're... Weird. Just use addbot. Also, Why they're using that weird cape?

EDIT: Is there any way to see the path module? Or a way to delete it? It's very confusing to use it.
Gustavo6046

Post by Gustavo6046 »

killbotvii wrote:
So I also didn't know what to do, but I figured it out. Just open the console and type "addbot" without the "s. Every time you type that, it adds one bot to your game. It can go up to 8 bots, I believe.
addbot adds a GZDoom bot.
Numpad 1 or "spawnfriend zetabot" adds a ZetaBot.

If you don't like these bindings, just set them in the bottom of the controls.

There's also a zb_debug CVar. It's undisclosed what it does :wink:
GiraffeMan

Post by GiraffeMan »

killbotvii wrote:
Didn't work. When I type it in apparently there are no more bots left in bots.cfg. What do I do?
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TDRR »

I want to add support for these in my mod, but, how do i do that?
EDIT: The mods i want to add support for are DUBG and my TBA mod that involves quite a few player classes, althrough both need to be 1.8.6 compatible so if possible i would like to make a compat. patch that doesn't need an specific load order, but this isn't 100% necessary.
Gustavo6046

Post by Gustavo6046 »

GiraffeMan wrote: Didn't work. When I type it in apparently there are no more bots left in bots.cfg. What do I do?
Uh, you don't use "addbot". You type "summon ZetaBot 0" (or you press the numpad 1 key if you have the default bind).
TDRR wrote:I want to add support for these in my mod, but, how do i do that?
EDIT: The mods i want to add support for are DUBG and my TBA mod that involves quite a few player classes, althrough both need to be 1.8.6 compatible so if possible i would like to make a compat. patch that doesn't need an specific load order, but this isn't 100% necessary.
You need to know ZScript. You will need to create some bot classes that reflect the new player classes, and change some CVars so that the new bot classes you make (for the player classes) are loaded appropriately. If your mod has new weapons, make Zeta versions of them as well.

ZScript means we probably don't support ZDoom 2.8.1 that much (if at all).
Gustavo6046

Post by Gustavo6046 »

v0.3.0 is out! Now it can open doors, lifts, etc! If only I could record this in video...

And yes, it can exit levels on its own. It's just shit to navigate :P
JPL

Post by JPL »

Not sure what this project's current status is, but I just tried out 0.3.0 in latest GZDoom and got this fatal error on startup:

Code: Select all

gzdoom: gzdoom/src/scripting/backend/codegen.cpp:2319: virtual ExpEmit FxPostIncrDecr::Emit(VMFunctionBuilder*): Assertion `ValueType == Base->ValueType && IsNumeric()' failed.
Kaptin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kaptin »

May i ask you where i can download 0.3.0? Your link only provides 0.2.0 not to mention there is no changelog, no official instructions literally nothing not even screenshots also your mod is broken and won't load in Gzdoom
Script error, "ZetaBot_v0.2.0.pk3:zetacode/weaponsupport/zetaweaponmodule.zsc" line 17
So please fix your mod thanks.
JPL

Post by JPL »

Kaptin wrote:May i ask you where i can download 0.3.0? Your link only provides 0.2.0 not to mention there is no changelog, no official instructions literally nothing not even screenshots also your mod is broken and won't load in Gzdoom
Script error, "ZetaBot_v0.2.0.pk3:zetacode/weaponsupport/zetaweaponmodule.zsc" line 17
So please fix your mod thanks.
I downloaded 0.3.0 from this Github page: https://github.com/Gustavo6046/ZetaBot/releases

Judging from the thread the mod is still in early development, and the author might have taken a break; go easy.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

JPL wrote:Not sure what this project's current status is, but I just tried out 0.3.0 in latest GZDoom and got this fatal error on startup:

Code: Select all

gzdoom: gzdoom/src/scripting/backend/codegen.cpp:2319: virtual ExpEmit FxPostIncrDecr::Emit(VMFunctionBuilder*): Assertion `ValueType == Base->ValueType && IsNumeric()' failed.
Assertion failures inside the engine should be reported to Bugs subforum. They often indicate logic errors and/or edge cases without proper handling.
JPL

Post by JPL »

_mental_ wrote: Assertion failures inside the engine should be reported to Bugs subforum. They often indicate logic errors and/or edge cases without proper handling.
Ah ok, will do. It didn't initially occur to me that it might be a GZDoom bug.

edit: bug filed
Last edited by JPL on Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
muhnwalker

Post by muhnwalker »

Hi,

I get the following error with GZDOOM 3.7.2:

Script error, "ZetaBot_v0.2.0.pk3:zetacode/weaponsupport/zetaweaponmodule.zsc" line 17:
Type mismatch in function argument

muhnwalker

Return to “Gameplay Mods”