Raw UDMF for custom game

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
wrkq

Re: Raw UDMF for custom game

Post by wrkq »

gutterpunk wrote:I tried throwing stuff in a /config folder, I guess I should've tried /slade/config instead...
So, I have went for the source.
https://github.com/sirjuddington/SLADE/ ... r.cpp#L119

Turns out, what you can do is to extract slade.pk3 into a "res" subfolder next to the Slade3 executable. (even if you don't run portable-mode - that flag affects only location of user settings).
As long as that "res" folder exists, slade.pk3 is completely ignored (you could even delete it) - "res" must contain all files needed for the app to run.
Start with full extracted pk3 and just edit the engine-definition files inside.

Good luck!
gutterpunk

Post by gutterpunk »

Wow, you are a Slade resource, thanks!

It's working now simply by having a /config/games folder in the Slade directory, after I've set Slade to be "portable". The thing is though that everything (line, sectors, thing) must be in the same cfg file, the #include directive do not seem to work at all, nor can I reference anything in the pk3 (which I don't need, but still). But it's working and it's clean: No strange specials from all the other Slade supported games anywhere in the UI, and I have free reign on all the values.

I'll try the /res trick, it might give me more flexibility.

Anyway, here is a screenshot of the result in Unity. I do *not* manually edit the prefab that gets created from the UDMF data, this is what it looks like directly coming from Slade:
2019-03-12 23_42_07-Unity 2018.2.11f1 Personal (64bit) - GameScene.unity - Avery3D - PC, Mac & Linux.png
The map is "ready to use", I also generate an aabb octree and the AI movement graph automatically.
wrkq

Post by wrkq »

Well I'll be damned... time to pop the champagne open! :)

Return to “Mapping”