Blood Stalker Discontinued

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TXTX

Blood Stalker Discontinued

Post by TXTX »

Would you accept the deal?

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0ctyw3glps3j ... 2.pk3?dl=0

Old Version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzwj4tbp46u7y ... n.wad?dl=0
EXPERIMENTAL!
Please read notes for details.

Would you accept the deal?

A masked and mysterious woman wearing a kitsune mask approaches you in a dark alley. She seems to have appeared out of nowhere with her black hooded cloak and ominous glowing yellow eyes.
She proceeds to tell you that you're lucky, since she has selected you for an offer.

"Great power, eternal youth, perfect body, and a society free from ignorance and prejudice. A beastial form taken from the power of animals and blood, with the speed and power to match even armed vehicles. Drain blood to even defy death itself and bring yourself back from the end. The blood will also give you power to even take on the biggest and strongest of enemies head on.

There is a cost however. A portion of your freedom, a minor restriction to allow us all to fulfill a future where we can all live in peace. You will serve me occasionally if accepted but you will not be a slave. Undying loyalty to our new species is a given. You also may be denied by your old friends as a different species, but can you blame them? I've built this race to transcend humanity itself in every way.

So what will you do now? Accept my generosity, or decline. You won't be punished for refusing, but a chance like this is rare...."

Psycho Fox or Psycho Cat. Both are the names of the forms she takes by default. She used to be a human just like us, but was cursed with power.

Life as they say, is not meant to be eternal by any means, but she's not alive. There's a single cell that comprises her entire being, controlling and taking over a body to use as a living host. This is how she resurrects constantly you see, and she can't be truly killed.

This singular cell is what we call "anti-life". It's the literal opposite of life, but not death either. It attempts to create and mimic life as closely as possible, but enhances it to be better than life. Maybe it existed since the very first lifeform?

Anyway, this thing, not having any way to truly die or come to life has come to a perpetual motion of sorts. It lives but isn't dead, is moving yet not alive. Even she doesn't know how she continues to exist.

All that considered she should be taken as a imminent threat to life itself, having an innate bloodlust to inflict harm upon anything not like itself. A plague in every sense of the word and a clear danger to humanity. But, is that true?

Summary:

All that noted, I've had this character created for most of my life. It could be considered a life project at this point. Now that I've become knowledgeable enough with coding I can make strides towards making this project better.

So far the mod itself allows you to play as her, Psycho, to use your powers in any way you see fit. It's an addon type of mod, meaning that it should work with most mods you want to combine it with. It doesn't have it's own game play story yet but it may come in the future.

So far almost all of her abilities have been created and are working such as: Draining Blood, Reviving from death, creating folllowers with your blood, utilizing psychic powers, enjoying enhanced agility to even dodge projectiles and flip across the room, absorbing genetic info into your blood, turning into your true beastial form, and even having your allies turn into their own forms depending on what you have absorbed.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
How?
New options menu to simplify a lot of things. You have to enable the option to play as this class to start. At first nothing looks different until you start pressing your form keys. As Ryuvain you always have your original form to use. You swap between your current body and that form by holding sprint/speed and pressing use. You can also pounce to move around quickly in this form by holding sprint/speed and jumping.

Death?
How it works is simple. If you should die and not have enough blood points to revive yourself, you'll turn to abandoning your body and can now search for a new one. You can come up to any monster (that bleeds/has blood) or (enemy) player and take their body for yourself. To do this you hold the sprint/speed key and press use.

Rage?
This is a completely redone mechanic that has you enter rage mode when taking too much damage. In this state you have increased defenses and heightened melee damage. The downside is that your health will drain if you stay in the mode too long without killing anything. Also taking critical damage will force you into your beast form, having immense power but no range capability.

End.
There's probably a lot more things that I could touch up on, but this is a highly experimental phase that the project is going through and things change wildly from week to week. Having all of it put down here would probably be a waste of time as it could just change soon. Everything under these update parts might be inaccurate or flat out wrong. Mostly wanted to get this release out for my B-day as a celebration of how far I could push this mod. Have fun!

Important Update!

I've taken to learning ZScript for its enhanced potential and vastly improved performance. A lot of things are either disabled or removed for now until I've gotten the hang of scripting.
The main modules and mechanics are still the same but much of it has been ported to ZScript so the performance hit problem has been fixed. Pardon the mess inside the scripts.

Thralls (those you join blood with) have been reworked. Now they can increase their own power by draining blood making their health and damage stronger. They can still transform into their beast forms but they need to drain enough blood from enemies to do it now. Also make sure you have at least 1 monster absorbed into your own blood so they can access it as a form. (Press the same key to infect on an allied target that's big enough.)

Story:

What do you get when you take -Prototype- 1+2 (XBox), a Vampire, and a Werewolf, and mix it all together? This mod pretty much.

Born from the free time I had for years I've decided to finally release this mod since leaving it to sit on my computer was kind of a waste? I don't know.

What is it?:

This mod is a class and a play style, both designed to work with as many mods as possible and run well. I normally use this along with ZDoom Wars, Stronghold, and many others. It works. (for the most part.)

It features a leveling system that unlocks powers as you drain blood.

I'm trying to balance this as well as I can, but know that it's difficult to do so when the base characters don't often have much to work with themselves.

Powers?:

Wield the power of blood itself to drain life from enemies, regenerate, mind control, mutate, shapeshift, and more. It's meant to give you the feeling of being a viral mastermind/vampire/werewolf thing(?), but using a leveling system so that you must earn your power.

It's designed to work with almost any monsters as well. Like Barons? Try learning their class and mutate some of your enemies yourself!

How? Controls:

To be honest, there's a LOT of maneuvers and game play changes that go with this mod. It's almost like a fighting game with all these combinations.

MAKE SURE YOUR ACTION KEY IS BINDED!

The action key along with sprint, crouch, and the use keys activate differing powers. You WILL need reload and zoom binded as well.

Main Controls:
Hold Sprint +Use: Change Forms
Hold Sprint +Hold Crouch +Use: Observer (rat) Form, Mainly for possession
Hold Sprint +Hold Crouch +Use in Observer Form: Transform to Monster Form(Whatever monster you last possessed.)
Hold Sprint +Use in Observer Form +Touching Enemy: Possess Body
Hold Sprint +Jump +Any Direction: Super Jump (Outside base/Doomguy Form)
Action Key: Weapon Swap. Quickly switches to unarmed if holding a weapon or switches to your last weapon.

Weapon Controls:
Zoom: Steal Weapons. Multiplayer only, makes your target drop their weapon or copies it if it can't be dropped.
AltFire: Drain Blood +Upgrade Health(On stronger enemies)
Reload: Infection, Uses Blood depending on enemy health.
Use+Reload: Analyze, Absorb the target's form to add to your virus.
Fire+AltFire: Guard. Defensive stance that reduces damage.
Guard+Release Fire: Guard Drain. Defense half as much but drain health at the same time.

Passives:
Due to uniquely mutated blood, there's a few passives.
-Speed when attacking with weapons. To ensure there's a downside mainly.
+Regeneration using stored blood.
-+Rage Mode: Become enraged when falling to low health. You get a boost in power and speed but drains health quickly and need to get blood from enemies to calm down.
Falling even lower in health will transform you to your true form, A giant beast that can't use weapons. Again, draining blood will calm you down.
If you can't calm down and are still critical health, you can transform again to turn back to your normal form. You will still be critically injured.

Alt Classing:

ryuvain_altclass bool

Even if you don't want to use the main class you can alt-class. This means you still get a lot of the powers but can use another class as well. Like Doomguy but with powers! There's a drawback though of starting at low health. (This may change, no ideas atm)
Controls are different as well, and not all powers will be available.

Customization:

Being a viral like blood creature you can also add monsters to your strain. Add anything you can find from any mod and infuse them into your blood by trying to infect them again. You can then choose which slot they will take and design your own mutants.
Requires ryuvain_custommutants set to 1 or higher.

This system can also absorb morphs and other classes too. You can hold several morphs to yourself and transform back into them when you need them. Uses the same system as for mutants except using the action key with the Use key.

Lastly:
Also, I didn't originally plan on releasing this mod. Many things may need a lot more work.
Let me know if there's any concerns or even suggestions. Feedback is always appreciated.

Version V2:
YO! After countless blood sacrifices and losing my sanity multiple times to eldritch abominations I've finally updated the mod to work with the latest version! This is still a test drive though, so bugs are bound to be in it. Just releasing this point so that people can play regardless. There's a lot of outdated abilities and mechanics above, which I'm still ironing out which to keep and which to change.

I will happily be continuing work as before now. :D

Version 2.1:
Fixed a critical crash related to rage.

Version 2.2:
Fixed crashes related to possession mechanics with monsters and players.

Version 2.3:
Fixed Weapon stealing not working. Fixed long standing rage bug, where it would activate for no reason.
Last edited by TXTX on Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:44 pm, edited 66 times in total.
-Ghost-

Re: PyreWolf -Prototype-

Post by -Ghost- »

Sounds interesting, do you have any videos or screenshots to show it in action?
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Not yet, will probably add a video later. I don't think screenshots will help much since its mostly gameplay though.

Was just trying to release it first.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Sounds sick, but the dropbox link doesn't appear to work
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Sorry, forgot to create the link. Fixed.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

This gets me a puke after playing this mod but its nice tho
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Thanks I think. Prototype 1 and 2 weren't any cleaner tbh.
TXTX

Re: Bloodtaker -Prototype-

Post by TXTX »

New update out. Adds dodge rolling/flipping as a new mechanic. Mutants can also dodge roll and dash like the player too.
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

TXTX wrote:New update out. Adds dodge rolling/flipping as a new mechanic. Mutants can also dodge roll and dash like the player too.
That's some Enter the Gungeon thing.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Ahpiox wrote:
TXTX wrote:New update out. Adds dodge rolling/flipping as a new mechanic. Mutants can also dodge roll and dash like the player too.
That's some Enter the Gungeon thing.
It honestly looks like it. Although I play more Nuclear Throne myself.
TXTX

Re: Bloodtaker -Prototype- 0.3?

Post by TXTX »

Yet another update to bring flipping to the new roll mechanic and new powers detailed above.
TXTX

Re: Bloodtaker -Prototype- 0.3?

Post by TXTX »

Version 2.0 is out now. Have been attempting to learn ZScript painfully but a lot of things have been ported over or improved.

However a lot of features have either been removed or made redundant as well. Along with a lot of things that are unfinished.
Until I've gotten the hang of ZScript updates will be slow.
Jayrassic Park

Re: Lord of Beasts-Z Edition

Post by Jayrassic Park »

One of the foxgirl(?)'s evolution forms mentions a whip, but I can't seem to activate it.

I also think the 500 Health for the last form is a bit much.

Visual indication that we've successfully turned an enemy (besides backflips) would be nice.
TXTX

Re: Lord of Beasts-Z Edition

Post by TXTX »

Jayrassic Park wrote:One of the foxgirl(?)'s evolution forms mentions a whip, but I can't seem to activate it.

I also think the 500 Health for the last form is a bit much.

Visual indication that we've successfully turned an enemy (besides backflips) would be nice.
The grapple whip was temporarily removed for balance thoughts but I can re-add them though.
Not sure where the balancing is ending up.

500 health may be high but you can get that much from a cyberdemon/spider mastermind. It's worth it though since that form's damage and health are probably way too godly.

I did have an indicator before, I can probably re-add it with a few tweaks.
Have re-added the old translation code so that they will share your colors now.

I'm putting up a new version anyway.
TXTX

Re: Lord of Beasts-Z Edition 0.2 Story bits

Post by TXTX »

BugFix update, changed hook to psychic power instead.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”