[HDest] The ZikShadow's HDest Addons Section

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZikShadow

Re: [HD] The ZikShadow's HD Addons Section

Post by ZikShadow »

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/vU0Ykrx[/imgur]

DESCRIPTION :

This addon replaces the weapons in the "Hideous Destructor" mod with new Space themed sprites and sounds. No new coding is added, just simple asset replacements, expect the weapons to handle as they were in the original HD.

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/zDFM8Eq[/imgur]

DOWNLOAD :

Sprites
Sounds

CREDITS :
Spoiler:
Leon_Portier

Post by Leon_Portier »

Absolutely great, thanks for making ´em!
WW2 is my favourite.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

WW2 - Variant A

An addon to the WW2 addon, replaces most Axis aligned weapons with Allied ones.

Variant A

Credits:
Rip from Day of Defeat
Modified models (scope/GL on BAR/Thompson, dark reskin on Colt, ammobox on .30Cal) by ZikShadow
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I think the M2 carbine (select-fire variant of the M1) would be a better replacement for the assault rifle, and the Thompson could be the SMG since it shares the .45 ACP round with the M1911. I can even suggest a Variant B (for Britain) of the Allied weapon pack:
Spoiler:
Also, do you have scopeless versions of the FG/StG/BAR and Thompson sprites that I could use?
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

1. Since I use the ZM a lot (when not using the Vulcanette, anyway), I want to use a sprite of a weapon that I would use the most in WW2 games, hence the Thompson as the main selection.
Either way, no matter how one sees it, the weapons would have mismatched ammo realistically anyway (unlikely that the M2 would have the same ammo for the M1919).

2. No plans for that at the moment, I used the Sten here exactly for that reason.

3. Unfortunately, I tend to remove the temp files after I'm done with them. If you have Day of Defeat, you could probably take a model shot with HLMV and merge it with fitting hands from the arms thread.
I think the STG one however is modified from existing sprites, it should be somewhere in the spriting thread, look at the credits to ease search.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Updated the sprites for the latest version of HD, where the Slayer has the separate barrel shot frames changed from J and N to L and R.
At the same time, I've also made a small addon for the Space pack. Blaster tracers, with lights and everything! There's no transparency as I haven't yet known how to do that and since HD's bullets are super fast, you might miss it more than you catch it. Still neat though!

Blaster

EDIT: Never mind my rubbish addon, Josh made a superior laser blaster addon. My 3D ones are still available, but I highly suggest everyone get Josh's for the greater sci-fi experience.
Separated the lights just incase.

Josh's 2D Blaster
Lights for 2D Blaster

ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

DESCRIPTION :

This addon replaces the weapons in the "Hideous Destructor" mod with new D64 themed sprites and sounds. No new coding is added, just simple asset replacements. Expect the weapons to handle as they were in vanilla HD.

DOWNLOAD :

Sprites
Sounds

CREDITS :
Spoiler:
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

DESCRIPTION :

This addon replaces some of the weapons in the "Hideous Destructor" mod with new WW1 themed sprites. No new coding is added, just simple asset replacements. Expect the weapons to handle as they were in the original HD.

DOWNLOAD :

Sprites

CREDITS :
Spoiler:
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I like how the WWI skins for energy weapons are basically the Mark IV and A7V tanks. I don’t recognize what the weapon on top right is supposed to be/modeled after nor the difference between the two similar looking MGs (Parabellum MG08/15?). Maybe more distinct weapon models could be used like the Madsen, Chauchat or BAR?
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

1. WW1 didn't exactly have any equivalents for super weapons, had to get creative.
2. Top right (Bronto) is the Webley flare gun.
3. The ZM66 MG is indeed the MG08, the Liberator MG is the MG15.
4. When it comes to model shots, the ones that I could take reliably are Goldsource models. The majority of the models are taken straight from the HL1 "The Trenches" mod, with the 3 MGs (Lewis, 08, and 15) being the only models available for fully automatic weapons. I searched high and low in other sites, with the MP18 being the only one I could find that fits the pack (it might have been an MP34 instead, I don't quite know).
5. For the BAR, it's already on the WW2 pack. You could easily pick and mix the files from the .pk3s to use whatever sprite set you want.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

ZikShadow wrote:1. WW1 didn't exactly have any equivalents for super weapons, had to get creative.
2. Top right (Bronto) is the Webley flare gun.
3. The ZM66 MG is indeed the MG08, the Liberator MG is the MG15.
4. When it comes to model shots, the ones that I could take reliably are Goldsource models. The majority of the models are taken straight from the HL1 "The Trenches" mod, with the 3 MGs (Lewis, 08, and 15) being the only models available for fully automatic weapons. I searched high and low in other sites, with the MP18 being the only one I could find that fits the pack (it might have been an MP34 instead, I don't quite know).
5. For the BAR, it's already on the WW2 pack. You could easily pick and mix the files from the .pk3s to use whatever sprite set you want.
1. True that. Still, kudos for trying to give this what I call a “trenchpunk” feel. It’s easy to give the Nazis the cool toys but not their Imperial ancestors.
2. Oh, it’s the flare gun? It looks huge from that perspective, and flare guns tend to be dinky.
3. I kinda figured. After a closer look, the Liberator MG skin is the MG15nA, which is totally different from the more common MG 08/15 (I learnt that even before Battlefield 1 was announced).
4. I believe Zio McCall made an MP18 sprite some time back in the Spriting Carnival. You could look for it and use that.
5. No biggie. I might borrow some stuff here for a “trenchpunk”-styled mod when I have the chance.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:2. Oh, it’s the flare gun? It looks huge from that perspective, and flare guns tend to be dinky.
It's a bit of a deliberate choice. HD's weapons didn't exactly shoot out small flare-sized rockets, so I had to resize them accordingly. The Webley in particular, since it shoots out "kill-cybies-in-one-to-two-hits" Bronto rounds.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Fair enough. A Vietnam War-themed addon for HD would be gnarly.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

DESCRIPTION :

This addon replaces some of the weapons in the "Hideous Destructor" mod with somewhat post apocalyptic themed sprites. No new coding is added, just simple asset replacements. Expect the weapons to handle as they were in the original HD.

DOWNLOAD :

Sprites

CREDITS :
Spoiler:
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Added a whole brand new variant sound pack! With so many sprite packs, I'm surprised I haven't done this sooner.
Also did a pack for PB's new guns.

Different Sounds
Potetobloke's New Weapons Sounds (5mm, 50AM, Raycob, G26, MAC, Axe)

Credits are pretty much the same, but if you missed it:

Code: Select all

Sounds
--------------------

Gunshots, Mechanics (Reloading, shell loading, pockets, dropping down, foley), and Energy Weapons (BFG/Plasma):
- Navaro
- Magmacow
- Bouncy
- Bethesda Softworks

Return to “Gameplay Mods”