[Debut Release] MMDCXIV - Journey into 27 Century

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GeneralDelphox
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] Main UAC Hangar (Demo 2 Released!)

Post by GeneralDelphox »

An excellent map, I must say! It plays perfectly with Project MSX!
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Nice map, and should be fit with Doom 4
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

this wasn't bad at all i throughly enjoyed also loved all the references nice job
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [WIP] MMDCXIV - Journey into 27 Century (Demo 2)

Post by Zanieon »

Just bumping this to announce that it will not be a single map release anymore, so stay safe that if you wish there was more maps in this style after playing this first one, they'll come in time.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Nems »

YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS. <3
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Zanieon wrote:Just bumping this to announce that it will not be a single map release anymore, so stay safe that if you wish there was more maps in this style after playing this first one, they'll come in time.
...Let the hunt begin. 8-)
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

I think this will be the last footage i will be showing before the debut release of the first map, it's heavy WIP though:
Zanieon

Re: [Debut Release] MMDCXIV - Journey into 27 Century

Post by Zanieon »

Bump!

Enjoy the glimpse of future that is about to come with the first map completely finished!
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Dwailing

Post by Dwailing »

I watched Mr. Icarus's review/impressions of this map and now I'm gonna download it and play it myself because holy cow it looks amazing. Just... wow. The architecture is absolutely remarkable.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

This tooks 3 Years ago and still no news about release a new maps. Tell me, are you going to wait for 2050 years of future before the new map arrived? or what?

sorry for bothering you im just asking peace ^_^
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

YasuoProjectX wrote:This tooks 3 Years ago and still no news about release a new maps. Tell me, are you going to wait for 2050 years of future before the new map arrived? or what?

sorry for bothering you im just asking peace ^_^
Ya know, I am not Zanieon, but if I was I would tell you to kindly go fuck yourself.

The entitlement on display here is real. God forbid someone actually takes time to create something that's carefully crafted and not a half-assed rush job. What you see here is literally years of hard work - I know it because I've watched him work on it over those years. He's been posting screenshots of it in Discord while he was making it.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Hah, he probably didn't see Hunter's Moon yet and its 8 years of development to know that i work slowly :V

The next maps will not be big or complex as this one but since it is "more" maps rather than a single huge one, it still may take the same amount of time, more 3 or 4 years, who knows...
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Zanieon wrote:Bump!

Enjoy the glimpse of future that is about to come with the first map completely finished!
Was just playing this with Smooth Doom and holy shit, this map is awesome. Very big and very beautiful without being too complex, and the lag was pretty much nonexistent and my pc doesn't have the best hardware hehe. I noticed you can get stuck in closing doors, however all you got to do is press the "use" key and problem solved so its pretty minor. If your next maps are anything like this, I'm sure none of us will be disappointed with however long it takes, nice job Zanieon :D
HTiD

Post by HTiD »

Just in regards to the warning here at the start about sound "Warnings:
This map features a lot of ambient sounds throught its entire decorations to give a more depth in immersion, GZDoom by default has only 256 sound channels avaliable to play sounds in the game, but the number of ambient sounds features in the map surpass this value (the map has around 850 sound emmiters), it is recommended to set up the sound channel limit to 1024 at least for better experience, you can do that by typing snd_channels 1024 and then snd_reset in the console before playing the map."

I was wondering which is the best / correct to use in the midi player options where there's a choice of flyuodsynth, timidity++ gus emulation etc etc? I'm using gzdoom 4.2.4

Return to “Levels”