Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

bowserknight

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.95 tweak tweak

Post by bowserknight »

First off, I'm hyped about finding out what the white Cyberdemon is.
But unfortunately I'm having a problem with this new version. I finally wanted to get back at working on my test map but it seems like Doombuilder has some problems with the 0.95 version. Everytime I'm in Doombuilder and have ColourfulHell95.pk3 in my resources, I can't playtest the map through Doombuilder because I get this error message shown in the picture below.

However, if I just try to play the mod normally without Doombuilder, it works fine. Can somebody explain to me what the problem is and how to fix it? Cause I really wanted to get back into working on my map but it's impossible like that...
Attachments
2 - Kopie.jpg
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Gzdoom is attempting to load 2 mods that both use the same name cvar. Since it's highly unlikely that any other mod uses that cvar name, it would appear you are trying to load colorfulhell more than once.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

I forget who made the Colorful Hell Patch for Guncaster but the new version of GC breaks compatibility with it.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Seems like it's been almost a year since the last update.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

AvzinElkein wrote:Seems like it's been almost a year since the last update.
the last update was in November 2018.

which means just 3 months.
bisousbisous

Post by bisousbisous »

Use the universal addon that just got released
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

bisousbisous wrote:Use the universal addon that just got released
Yeah the GC Adapter works perfectly for CH and pretty much everything (with the exception of Kriegsland enemies but it worked for me, just couldn't get GC's difficulties), thanks bisousbisous!
ArkyonVeil

Post by ArkyonVeil »

Had a blast playing through this with Doom Incarnate in an Oblige roguelike style playthrough. Despite that mod's general opness, your own mod's bullshit really balanced it out, and with a sprinkling of AI Director plus Legendary Champions that was a fine, bloody experience.

in one level I even had had the unfortunate luck of bumping into a champion orange no-clip revenant... With 16 000 HP. Fun times.

Awesome stuff, can't wait to see you finish the rest of it ;)
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

finally got to try out the new Cyberdemon. I really was expecting something completely different lol. Where do those voicelines even come from?
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Glad to know people have been enjoying the white cybie fun time
finally got to try out the new Cyberdemon. I really was expecting something completely different lol. Where do those voicelines even come from?
From an interview of John Romero, I cherry picked most fitting ones and then gave them bit of attempt to make sound more demonic or so

Version 0.96
Download

Big features:

CYAN TIER
A new optional tier is here! These monsters are slippery like ice, fragile like glass, and sharp as crystal shards
You'll most likely find very fun situations with these fellows

NEW WHITE TIER:
The revenant finally has the white variant! Took long enough
This guy is a tough cookie who only wants to kick your ass, no one elses

NEW EX BOSSES:
Black chaingunner and black cacodemon have EX versions, prepare for explosions.

ITEM TWEAKS:
You can now set the drop rates of the enemies and bosses to your own taste. feel theres too many weapon/armor/health drops? You can lower em or turn em off
And for ammo? You can set that to double or to rarer or off aswell, it is seperate from items.
Bosses that drop backpacks can also be tweaked now for those gameplay mods that have goodies on backpacks.

Note: Default drops such as shotgunners shotgun and some special specifics like benellus's fun are not effected by these settings

Full changelog:
Spoiler:
Tartlman

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.96 cyanide

Post by Tartlman »

pretty neat, i'll play it sometime.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

The much needed loot reduction has finally come. The new ice guys bleeding red is weird. I'm getting a script error on startup on gzdoom 3.7.2.

RedBaron3 drops a "CH_Backpack" but that item doesn't exist. I'm guessing that's supposed to be a "BackPackBundle". I checked the other monsters and this was the only guy to be messed up.

White Spectre and Lost Soul are missing +BOSS flags. There are a few that probably shouldn't have the flag because of mods looking for the flag to determine loot. DeepTentacle, GrayPE2, WhitePE3, WhiteCacoOrb1, SpliceBaron, WhiteSP3, WhiteSP2, and RedBaron3 (red baron currently drops boss loot 2 times due to morphing on death and the white spider drops many times that due to sharding on death). When I mention boss loot I'm talking about using mods like LegenDoomLite and the new Guncaster Adapter.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

I've finally gotten back to work on my little test map again, even if it's nothing special. Now I just have to figure out how to do a proper infighting-test area, like in those old "DOOM GLADIATOR" videos if anybody remembers those. I'm also having some weird problem in my rooms for the optional monsters... a fireblue Zombie keeps randomly spawning in rooms made only for the gray, cyan and abyssal enemies and I don't know why.

Lastly, I really like all the new additions to the roster! But while going through the optional monsters I noticed that the gray spectre (the half-invisible spider) is a little out of place, now that the cyan enemies exist. I mean because it shoots ice crystals and most other gray enemies are rock / earth based, so it would fit more into the cyan category now. Just a tiny thing that caught my eye, if you have no problem with it I won't have one too :)
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Rowsol wrote:The much needed loot reduction has finally come. The new ice guys bleeding red is weird. I'm getting a script error on startup on gzdoom 3.7.2.

RedBaron3 drops a "CH_Backpack" but that item doesn't exist. I'm guessing that's supposed to be a "BackPackBundle". I checked the other monsters and this was the only guy to be messed up.

White Spectre and Lost Soul are missing +BOSS flags. There are a few that probably shouldn't have the flag because of mods looking for the flag to determine loot. DeepTentacle, GrayPE2, WhitePE3, WhiteCacoOrb1, SpliceBaron, WhiteSP3, WhiteSP2, and RedBaron3 (red baron currently drops boss loot 2 times due to morphing on death and the white spider drops many times that due to sharding on death). When I mention boss loot I'm talking about using mods like LegenDoomLite and the new Guncaster Adapter.
Checked the script error start up, seems I had messed up renderstyle and translation there
The red blood is unintentional, tho seems I have missed many of em as I am sure I set the bloodcolours on many of the cyan monsters to either, black, cyan or blue, Ill go through em again

Its actually suppoused to be just a normal backpack, seems Ive accidently put the CH_ on it

Oh, white spectre and lost soul I did not know had the issue of missing the flag, huh, bizarre! Explains a few things about doomRPG github compats too. Will fix
Will look into tweaking the other ones too that you mentionened, good eye!

I'll fix these for the next patch which might not be too long if I decide to make a fix up patch instead of all up release

I've finally gotten back to work on my little test map again, even if it's nothing special. Now I just have to figure out how to do a proper infighting-test area, like in those old "DOOM GLADIATOR" videos if anybody remembers those. I'm also having some weird problem in my rooms for the optional monsters... a fireblue Zombie keeps randomly spawning in rooms made only for the gray, cyan and abyssal enemies and I don't know why.

Lastly, I really like all the new additions to the roster! But while going through the optional monsters I noticed that the gray spectre (the half-invisible spider) is a little out of place, now that the cyan enemies exist. I mean because it shoots ice crystals and most other gray enemies are rock / earth based, so it would fit more into the cyan category now. Just a tiny thing that caught my eye, if you have no problem with it I won't have one too
for cyan and abyssal, make sure your spawns are set to classic and not reduced, the reduced makes the abyss monsters downgrade to another tier and cyan to reroll whole monster tier
Otherwise dunno why that would happen, kinda odd

The spider's there cause figured I wanted something different for gray when I made the gray's, I could change his attack to something more interesting tho, he's a bit of an odd ball and some people confuse him as abyssal

Aso if you do doom gladiatiory combat arena, be aware that some bosses like white revenant refuse to infight all together, so flag change might be needed for em if you wish to force em to fight
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Do the cyan monsters multiply when you 1st see and don't kill them quick enough? Slippery little bastards hehe.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”